View Full Version : No 1 sign that the weather's crap ...

FullyFlapped
15th Jan 2008, 11:09
Try to read/post anything on Proon and the dreaded message is repeatedly observed :-

The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

One thing they don't each in PPL Met : low pressure = server overload ! ;)

FF :ok:

gcolyer
15th Jan 2008, 11:34
I get the serv busy message every time I try proon, has been happening for the last week or two.

I find the fix is

F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5...eventualy you get in.

TheOddOne
15th Jan 2008, 13:17
One thing they don't each in PPL Met : low pressure = server overload !

Too right, we've got cabin fever down south, too!

Hope the flood waters don't do their worst this time around. Last time I was cut off here in TD by flood waters was back in '68, it ain't pleasant!

TheOddOne

IO540
15th Jan 2008, 14:15
and I've just gone past 6k posts.......... scary.

niknak
15th Jan 2008, 14:32
Pprune was sold late last year.

The originator (a fine fellow called Danny) started with nowt, and, due to many hours of his free time and the financial contributions of many members (but mostly the former), he developed the site into an internationally respected site where, for the most part, informed opinion and discussion takes place.

That continoues to be the case today, but, in my opinion, the new owners have taken advantage of the hard work that Danny put in, to use the technology for their own commercial gain.
They are, of course, perfectly entitled to do what they like with the site, but I wonder if the many commercial advertisers who have signed up in the last two years and place on line adverts on Pprune realise that we, the susbscribers, are being denied access to the site on a VERY regular basis?:rolleyes::ugh:

FullyFlapped
15th Jan 2008, 21:34
Interesting.

Who owns it now ?

FF :ok:

alexpc
16th Jan 2008, 23:11
So it's not just me then...

I'd be interested to know just how much server load is being caused by everyone repeatedly refreshing the page because the server is overloaded! :ugh:

sternone
17th Jan 2008, 06:34
Most users ever online was 3,532, 25th June 2007 at 13:55.

That is not bad at all, isn't it... i guess they have limited correctly the maximum amount of mysql (mysun now) connections.. otherwise everybody could connect but then everybody would have to wait and wait when they click on something, so it's better that they limit the amount of users and the ones that are on it can actually do something.