PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Instructed at FTE jerez?

PrittPower
13th Jan 2008, 18:07
I am thinking of applying to these guys, quite fancy a lifestyle change...

Anyone Instructing there now or have Instructed there in the past?

I'm looking for the low down on the school from employees? Good or bad.

PM if you like.

ERIK C
13th Jan 2008, 23:05
Definately good!:ok:

mysteryshopper
19th Jan 2008, 22:58
Good flying (400-500 flying hours a year, 700-800 total including sims), good weather, good students, excellent management, a few company benefits, well maintained aircraft, good opportunities for career progression (multi, examiner, FIC etc). Spanish procedures can be a little daunting initially and the integrated course means some slick instructing, time keeping and flight management is required - it's not a retirement job so be prepared for some hard work! The paperwork, as with any integrated course, can be overwhelming if you don't keep up with it and the programming computers for the flying program leave a little to be desired. The money is ample for leading a good Spanish lifestyle. I rent a super house half an hour from the school in El Puerto de Santa Maria for 800 euros a month which is 50m from the beach and since I surf and love the sea I can't really ask for much more.

Go for it!

Cheers,

Mystery Shopper

Lazy Gun
20th Jan 2008, 10:05
I am still a student (haven't finished my ATPL exams yet) but I am seriously considering instruction after I complete my studies and advanced flight- hopefully later this year. Would Jerez, or similar FTOs, consider a low experience pilot for SE instruction? Or am I way off the mark here- just trying to get a "feel" for things is all.

Best Regards,

LG

YorkshireT
13th Jul 2008, 14:43
PM me for the real info on this place

cambridge
15th Jul 2008, 00:27
What is the selection procedure for instructors at Jerez? Is there a "technical" interview, and if so, what form does it take?
Also, is there a "flight test"?
Any information would be very useful. Thanks.