View Full Version : Choice of licence start date?

Sam Rutherford
13th Jan 2008, 16:18
Hi, sorry, another question (don't worry, Monday tomorrow so I'll be off the net for a few days again!).

The wife is doing her ppl at the moment in the US (I know, sorry!). She will (hopefully) complete around the 25th Jan. I have hired a cessna for a few days, and we plan then to go flying together.

When she sends off the paperwork to the CAA, can she request a licence start date of the day she passed her checkride (all other exams already completed). This would allow her to subsequently log the time we fly together when we come home to her logbook. Or, do they date the licence on the day they send out the document? Make sense?

We'll do all the flying together, so there's no issues about her going by herself.

Sam.

Curtis E Carr
13th Jan 2008, 16:43
Can't come up with any references but I understand that the date of license issue is the date that the LST was completed.

Also, I am led to believe that one cannot fly as PIC until your license is in your sweaty palm, unless one is authorised to do so by an instructor.

I stand to be corrected, though.

S-Works
13th Jan 2008, 17:01
curtis you are correct.

however if Sams missus does an FAA PPL at the same time she will get a temp cert that will allow her to carry passengers. I she is in the states already not a problem to do it.

Sam Rutherford
13th Jan 2008, 17:05
Thanks for those replies, great.

I'm trying to sell the 'FAA at same time' option, USD400 approx, one ground exam and one flight test - but I need to tread carefully :cool:

Sam.