PDA

View Full Version : FIC, Any advices please ?

VNA Lotus
10th Jan 2008, 14:13
Hello,

I'm living in France and got a french CPL/IR.
I would like to do the FIC in UK to improve my skills english by the same.
I am not totally fluent unfortunately, is it an issue ?

I am searching a school that provides a FIC. I have found Stapleford Flying Center. 5,999£, is it the cheapest ?

I hope to find a job as FI during the summer in UK.
Two problems : the language and I am doubtful that the FIC is approved in France after! But as I said I would be delighted to improve my english during the FIC, I guess it is a great experience...

Thanks

parris50
13th Jan 2008, 15:45
I would suggest that your English will need to be fluent in order to be able to cope with the FI course. When I did mine, a lot of emphasis was put on the use of correct terminology and on the clarity of everything you say. You will have to do all this whilst flying the aircraft to a high standard. Also, you will need to demonstrate briefings and give short lectures.

Judging by your post, your English seems pretty good to me. You will have to go on an acceptance flight with and FIC instructor and he/she perhaps will be able to assess your level of English and can advise as to how this will affect your chances of success.

nice_one_shaggy
13th Jan 2008, 16:48
The FI (A) rating is a JAA rating that should be acceptable in all JAA countries. You would need to take the paperwork from the UK trainer to the French authorities and they would then need to add it to your CPL.

Then again, we are talking about the French authorities....:hmm:

VNA Lotus
15th Jan 2008, 09:46
Thank you for your help!

I'd like to do the course in english to improve it anyway. So I will not do it in France.
I hesitate between three countries. All of them offer the coure in english:
-of course, in UK at Stapleford
- Belgium
-Spain with Aerofan, very cheap.

I guess in UK it would be the best for sure, but it is the most expensive.
Belgium and Spain, offer only the course in english, I mean at of the day you can speak french or spanish :} Well in Spain I'll have to speak english cause I am very bad in spanish...
In Belgium, I gues if really I don't understand (which suprise me) I can ask questions in french.

Thanks for your advice

fullyfine
16th Jan 2008, 21:24
Andrewsfield Aviation will be a bit cheaper than Stapleford and Carol the CFI really knows her stuff!:)