PDA

View Full Version : Sterling

Sir_Fly-a-Lot
22nd Jun 2001, 03:36
I heard that TNT wants to replace the 727's and possibly the A300's also. Any news on this ? If so, what will happen to you guys (and girls)?

RampTramp
22nd Jun 2001, 10:42
Strong rumour is that they are following DHL & going for the B757SF, however I thought that all their aircraft were moving to OO reg anyway.

------------------
I'm not old, I was just born too early

freightdoggy dog
22nd Jun 2001, 13:43
When you look at the ramp in LGG every night it seems that TNT do not have a clue what they are doing on the airframe side! Perhaps their best salvation would be to rollover and let UPS buy them out?

yan
24th Jun 2001, 16:35
If I may:
I'm flying for them right now on the sterling 727's. 2 727's are to be phased out in september, 1 other in january and the 2 lasts by june 2002. All the TNT airways crews are expecting the 757's, but I haven't seeing a single one yet, and it seems that cougar has signed an agreement for a super 727 to come soon. But who knows as Cougar seems to have some pretty big problems to take-off. As for the A300, also the operation is a total nightmare, I didn't hear anything about replacing them, at the contrary. But what the hell, with TNT everything is possible!
Take care all,
Yan