PDA

View Full Version : Golden Flight Level

pdcta
9th Jan 2008, 10:34
Maybe my last thread was a little bit tricky! I'm sorry for it.
Somebody know what's the Golden Fligh Level? Why there's no team from the UK or Ireland?

SINGAPURCANAC
9th Jan 2008, 11:01
GFL- GOLDEN FLIGHT LEVEL
Ski Championship held once per year somewhere in Europe for ATCOs( others are welcome)
Great event!
At the begginig GFLs were held in some Austrian resort( what a pity I excpect it should be Madeira) but later on they changed the rule and now every year is different place( again is not Madeira) all around Europe. I think one year GFL was held in Canada. Many ACCs, TMAs and countries have their teams competing for GFL cup. For me the most interesting place is the last one. We didn't know for this until closing ceremony but next time it would be ours.
Minimum staff for one team is 8 persons, and if you can't find 8 people you may join some other team.
Those and all kind of other infos usually you could find on current GFL site
www.gfl2008.com
why thereis no British teams?
You should ask someone from Kingdom not me, but I suupose that answer is teh next question:
Have you ever heard for ski Champion or so,originating from British Isles?

ATCO Two
9th Jan 2008, 12:16
Have you ever heard for ski Champion or so,originating from British Isles?

Eddie "The Eagle" ? :p

SINGAPURCANAC
9th Jan 2008, 13:45
For Eddi, I would say that he is brave, crazy brave,rather than Champion.
At that time Champion was Mati Nikenen :ok:

pdcta
9th May 2009, 15:43
It's time to apply for GFL2010-Engelberg (CH)! You'll have the best week of the whole year!

FUN.LEVER.FORWARD
9th May 2009, 16:41
I would say there is a better than even chance of a New Zealand team competing in 2010. There are currently a few Kiwis in Shannon ACC, Ireland, plus a whole bunch in the Sand Pit just itching to see some snow. We might even get one or two from New Zealand itself. Failing that then look out for a combined NZ/Ireland team.
The sooner the 2010 website is up and running the better as it will take some time to organise leave, especially for those coming from downunder.

pdcta
9th May 2009, 17:27
The website GFL2010 :: Welcome (http://www.gfl2010.com) is working since the end of the last GFL in January. GFL2010 is hosted by Swiss Team from 16 to 23 Jan 2010 in Engelberg (CH). Be advised that by the end of May all the teams must register their participants to the event: the deadline for regisgtration and first payment (entry fee) is 31st of May!!

ILS 119.5
13th May 2009, 22:02
Yep, Graham Bell I think got a third in one of the downhills for the UK but did not work in aviation and was also part of the olympic team.