PDA

View Full Version : Do the Course get the Job?

mustflywillfly
8th Jan 2008, 17:27
Hello Everyone,

Realistically, how likely is it for somebody to do the FI course at a particular FTO and then be immediately employed as a FI by that FTO afterwards? (to give you a clue I am specifically thinking about BCFT)!

Also with a potential economic downturn in 2008 it seems to me that there may be few opportunities. Do those of you in the industry at the moment agree with this sentiment?

Although I do have a plan B, I am placing all my eggs in one basket this year doing a CPL followed by a FI(R) rating, rather then the IR, with the hope of working as an FI for at least a year on the route to gaining an IR and possibly a RHS in a turboprop.

Your thoughts would be appreciated as I am starting to panic / get cold feet.

Cheers

:ok: MFWF

18greens
8th Jan 2008, 19:40
If you don't do the course, you can't get the job.

Whether an FTO employs you after the course depends on the supply and demand situation at the time. On balance you will get the job unless you are completely useless and even then you may still get the job. On the other hand being the best does not guarantee a job.

You can legitimately ask "If i do your course will I get a job?"

OneIn60rule
9th Jan 2008, 19:50
That's what I did,

He tells me or rather told me that the market is desperate for FI's.
They will even sponsor you at places. My advice is to look for a place that sponsors. I believe Jerez are doing this but can't be 100% or maybe it was Cabair?

Some school in the UK had to close down because they just could not get FI's.

At the moment there are at least 20 places in the UK alone that are looking of which I am currently aware.

I myself already applied at 5. Received a positive reply on the first, negative on the second one and then positive on the 3-4th.

Ganbatte ne!