PDA

View Full Version : ATC jobs in Indonesia/Bali?

UberController
8th Jan 2008, 13:42
I was wondering if anyone has any info on Indonesian ATC? Google is not being my friend on this one.. I've been dating a girl from Bali a while now and I would like to find out if its possible for foreigners to get employment there. I have 7 years of experience with area control. I dont speak indonesian yet however..

ollie_a
9th Jan 2008, 05:20
I believe the company that runs ATC in Indonesia is Angkasa Pura 2: http://www.angkasapura2.co.id/

There is also an Angkasa Pura 1, http://www.angkasapura1.co.id/ but I'm not sure how they are related.

av8boy
9th Jan 2008, 05:37
If I recall correctly, 1 is in the east and 2 in the west. Prepared to be corrected though...

Dave

UberController
9th Jan 2008, 11:05
Thanks guys, hopefully that can get me started. :D

SINGAPURCANAC
9th Jan 2008, 11:08
Ubercontrol,
I must confirm that your request is very original!
Indonesia for your info has +170 milions people, with high unemployment rate.
Do you really bellieve that they are waiting for you?
You can't mix in one sentence next nouns:
Good place-paradise climate-enough traffic-oportunity to get job there- good management-good salary-good social life-privat life
You may put some of them but not all of them.:=

maybe is better oportunity for you to take money from Norwegian Oil fund and start some busssines there.

UberController
9th Jan 2008, 20:53
Ahh ok thanks for setting me straight. You totally changed my mind about looking into the possibilities of employment there now.

Not. :rolleyes:

Funk
10th Jan 2008, 07:18
Uber you will not get a job there, unless you have a KTP (Kartu Tanda Pengenal- citizens identity card). The guys work under very difficult conditions with very low pay, I use to earn more in one overtime shift than they got in a months salary. Bali Area has now closed and moved to Ujung Padang, not a safe town due to sectarian violence. Ujung (or Makassar) Area has installed Eurocat in the last 2 years if you have any experience on that you might be able to assist..for free.
My old friend Pak Agus was a supervisor there he was holding down 2 jobs to make ends meet and going to University at night in the hope of getting an ICAO position in Bangkok or Montreal.

Uber go there for a holiday with your girl maybe buy a beach cafe, leave the ATC jobs to the locals who desparately need it.
Sampai jumpa lagi:ok:

UberController
11th Jan 2008, 10:21
Ok, thanks for that informative answer. And that more or less changed my mind about seeking employment there as well.. Guess we'll stick to the original plan then, Bali is for vacations and retirement only.

Thanks everyone for your time. :)