View Full Version : Tragic death of Steven Pickup in Centralia Illinois

jetstreamdriver
24th Feb 2001, 08:26
It is with great sadness that we inform you of the death of Steven Pickup and his student Alan Mcarthy on 21st February in Centralia Illinois.
Steven an Englishman born in Yorkshire was the FAA Chief Instructor at Airgo International and was a dedicated and professional pilot with over 2000 hours of flight time.Alan was an American school teacher who was undertaking his last flight before being signed off to take his Private pilot flight test.Both men will be dearly missed.Anybody who has had Flight experience at Airgo International and would like more information please email me.

C551
26th Feb 2001, 08:08
Steve Pickup was my friend and I will miss him.

C551

the_nursie
21st Aug 2006, 21:06
A long time has passed but I am sure that anyone who met Steve will remember him well.

I am his younger sister, Tracey and I am getting married in January. Since he can't be there with us in person I would love to hear from anyone who knew him so we can add snippits from his time in the States to his memorial.

Many thanks

Lancelot37
21st Aug 2006, 22:00
A long time has passed but I am sure that anyone who met Steve will remember him well.

I am his younger sister, Tracey and I am getting married in January. Since he can't be there with us in person I would love to hear from anyone who knew him so we can add snippits from his time in the States to his memorial.

Many thanks

Tracey, was Steve from Scarborough and related to Nina?

picollo
21st Aug 2006, 22:58
tracey, check your pms

the_nursie
22nd Aug 2006, 07:59
Steve was originally from Heckmondwike, West Yorkshire and statred flying at Sherborn in Elmett. Our other sister is Nita (Anita)

I hope this helps.

flykestrel
23rd Aug 2006, 06:55
Hello,
I happen to know Steve and I did a couple of flights with him in 1998 when I was in Centralia.I knew him only for a short period of time but we became very good friends.One of the flights I remember was on the 30th Aug 98 from Centralia to Memphis in N733YC.

Dave

Lancelot37
23rd Aug 2006, 08:19
Steve was originally from Heckmondwike, West Yorkshire and statred flying at Sherborn in Elmett. Our other sister is Nita (Anita)

I hope this helps.

Thanks, the Pickup family that I knew were from Scarborough.