PDA

View Full Version : Spar Valve Closed

airyana
6th Jan 2008, 00:09
On a 737NG, if one SPAR VALVE CLOSED light illuminates BRIGHT during flight, what would you do ?

chemical alli
6th Jan 2008, 07:29
would depend if engine kept running.bright is not open or closed ,transit position maybe just off the open microswitch.

Capt Chambo
6th Jan 2008, 12:04
Bright blue tells you the valve position doesn't agree with the start lever position, so assuming the engine is still running then you have a sensor problem. If the engine has stopped then the valve really is closed of course.
The spar fuel shut off valve will close whenever the start lever is placed to cut off, or whenever the respective fire warning switch is pulled.
Assuming the engine is still running I would be inclined to ensure that both the start lever and the fire switch are correctly "seated" and check all the relevant CBs are in. If that doesn't fix it then I would be looking to get it back on the ground fairly soonish just in case the engine really does stop. If that is not an option, I would get the APU going, because if the engine stops due to fuel starvation then the shutdown process may be enough the "reset" the valve, in which case an inflight start would be worth a try. (There would have been no damage to the engine as such).
Interesting scenario non the less!