View Full Version : what next for 2008 : let talent fly

mrshoe
5th Jan 2008, 13:34
2007 was a very unique year for me. It was my transition layer year between one level and another where changes were made in order to have a new and different outlook and heading in life.

It was the year that i put work life on hold in order to pursue my lifelong dream of becoming a pilot. I qualified within 60 hrs which is not bad considering my training was not 100% consistent in terms of the locations of the various flying schools that i attended.

My first solo will be a feeling and memory that i shall never forgot. I can recall every single aspect of that day including smells. I shall never forgot the drive home after my skill test pass and the feelings i had whilst cruising down the M1 motorway back to the metropolis of Londinium. A slightly unsettled feeling of wow, disbelief and sadness that my training had come to and end.

So what next for this intrepid adventurer who has many many seed of ideas revolved around aviation.

Well firstly, i shall continue to experience the exhilaration of flying and hour build. Around the flying, i shall gently prep myself for advancing my licence
towards a Flight Instructor rating and share the knowledge of aviation with others. Something that I will find very rewarding. Post 100 hours I shall attend Air Race School and have 2 people to form a team with.

I feel very privileged to have had the quality of training that i had from the unique individuals in aviation. From this i wish to return to the world what the world has given to me.

Aviation is a wonderful sector and I have experienced mostly friendliness. Like most things in life, one will encounter squabbles that are pointless.

However the significance of conflict are; they pale when one considers those in the world who do not have basic health, education, sanitation, and peace and suffer from hunger and disease. I have recently been assisting Rotary International with the campaign to eradicate polio – this campaign is naturally giving me a wider perspective of the world’s priorities.

There are so many more constructive things that could be achieved if people harnessed their collective energy towards working together to promote good causes and if we appreciated the talents that people bring to worthwhile activity.

Flying has given me a key to the world. I shall be using aviation to fundraise for good causes and raise awareness for flying for people with disabilities and hope to be the change i want to see in the world.

http://www.freedom-in-the-air.com - LET TALENT FLY

I will be turning my energies towards new pastures, one that lies right at the centre of my heart; the treatment and eradication of polio in India. After learning about the commitment of Rotary International – a non-profit humanitarian service organization that has made polio eradication its top priority - I became inspired and hope that the marriage of my skills, achievements and drive can help Rotary's current campaign to eradicate the disease in India and worldwide.

http://thepowerofdreams.co.uk/2007/12/21/bbc-asia-today/

I trust that 2008 brings you all you long for.

shortstripper
6th Jan 2008, 09:48
Good on you mate, and good luck.

SS

llanfairpg
6th Jan 2008, 12:26
Excellent Mr Shoe and very inspiring, welcome to the amazing world of aviation.

You know I couldnt help looking at all those fireworks shows etc. throughout the world on New Years Eves and thinking all that money and so many people starving in the world.