PDA

View Full Version : Jet Airways B777 recruitment?

Pages : 1 [2]

captjns
11th Feb 2014, 10:51
The contract with the middle eastern carrier is likely to collapse with the FAA downgrade so all US bases are very doubtful.

Not necessarily. EY is in a position where they can re-deploy their assets from other routes for their US route expansions. Jet Airways aircraft can be used to fill those EY routes.

Fluke
12th Feb 2014, 05:26
Captjns

True,

However the American bases will not be offered. A bit like what happened to the Brazilians when São Paulo was taken out of play with Turkish.

Would Jet have enough crews ?

captjns
12th Feb 2014, 10:44
Absolutely true Fluke. No expansion to the US under Jet's AOC until the FAA's downgrade has been rescinded.

With the desire of M/E carriers to increase their presence in the US, some are taking a dim view.

There are petitions circulating about in the US regarding the prospects of opening US Immigration Pre-clearance Immigration services in Abu Dhabi.

Many beyond the boarders of Euroland, M/E, and India are not in the know about the partial ownership of 9W by EY, nor their desired increased presence under the guise of 9W. Sort of the old "Wolf in Sheep's Clothing".

captjns
16th Feb 2014, 02:18
Regarding the downgrade, it was announced that the Indian GCAA expected to meet the FAA requirements by March, and to be returned to their previous grade.

Rather unfortunate that the DGCA has had quite a few years to get their act together. Unfortunately it takes a threat to get the to act. Remember the 2010 Good Will Games. Many countries threatened to pull out, if India did not get their act together.

Well, the FAA, backed by ICAO, gave the Indian DGCA to get their act together. India tested the waters, and well you all know the rest of the story. Now folks don't you think it would have been easier to comply with all the task cards rather than sit around with their thumbs up their Arses.

captjns
17th Feb 2014, 16:14
Maybe we shouldn’t judge where the DGCA sets or where they loves to put their thumbs

The DGCA had quite a few years to get their act together or else based on findings discovered a few years ago.

The DGCA was aware of the deadline established to correct discovered weakness and deficiencies.

What is the concensus.... Would the downgrade not be put in place if the DGCA showed good faith in demonstrating they were making every attempt to rectify the issues the FAA found on behalf of ICAO.

pilotbaba
18th Feb 2014, 02:03
Is history repeating?

Jet Airways to sack 72 expats to take locals on board - The Economic Times

You are quoting an article which is almost 2 yrs old...

captjns
19th Feb 2014, 18:53
Can EY really continue their long haul expansion plan without 9W aircraft and crews? Re-deploying their assets? I’m not sure EY would be happy to put the B777 3 class aircraft on short flights like Turkish’s is doing now.

This is a given known... 9W won't be increasing their presence in teh US for the foreseeable future until the DGCA category is upgraded. It's up to the DGCA to satisfactorily complete all outstanding task cards. For the time being 9W assets will have be be deployed over EY routes. EY assets will have to be deployed to the US.

Absolutely true Fluke. No expansion to the US under Jet's AOC until the FAA's downgrade has been rescinded. Could they be planning not using Jet’s AOC??

EY had no plan on using 9W's AOC. The board of directors of 9W would direct the officers to apply for routes to the US under 9W's AOC.

With my limited experience with the DGCA it would appears they don’t do anything quickly and if it takes over a year to rescind the downgrade.

Then again not if the DGCA choosed to engage the services of consultants to help them complete the outstanding tasks.

Do they even feel the downgrade warranted?

I doubt the DGCA would admit total fault.

On the other hand EY will not wait for the DGCA they will expand and if they need India aircraft or crews they will find a way don’t you think?

Absolutely... redeployment of assets... physical and tangible

Regarding the downgrade, it was announced that the Indian GCAA expected to meet the FAA requirements by March, and to be returned to their previous grade.

I wish them every bit of luck in their endeavours.

One can only hope for a timely upgrade but more importantly a well trained, a fairly compensated, standardized inspection team would be more helpful in the long run.

True Statement:ok:

Taylor01
20th Feb 2014, 06:28
Just to let you guys know. I got an email yesterday and there will be no delay in hiring or start dates. The only thing that might happen is the JFK -AUH flights might be delayed from an April start to November. The base are still a go!:ok:

OMAAbound
20th Feb 2014, 10:27
Had a coffee with 9W pilot this morning, who was very forthright of what he thinks is going to happens. He says that the 9W aircraft will be deployed on the LHR and one other route, in May, at the same time as they were meant to be deployed to JFK, this freeing up the required 2 EY 777's required to free up for AUH-JFK.

fullforward
24th Feb 2014, 08:18
AFAIK pretty much the standard stuff with 9W.
You sign a free pass with them.
Considering the droves of cheaply available retirees don't hold your breath for any improvement.
Those guys aren't exactly demanding...

captjns
24th Feb 2014, 09:05
Does anyone have experience of working under this type of contract. Is this a standard contract, or has it evolved over the last few years.

Same lingo for the 737 contract. Much lower loyallty bonus though for the Fluff drivers

777AV8R
25th Feb 2014, 13:57
WOW...sign the contract and go! This is a great gig for someone who doesn't want anything close to organization in their life.

Oh..and 'policy changes'...it depends how on how good the Chai was in the morning as to how they interpret 'todays' policy details.
...and you'll only do this once.

Incredible India

Flyer28
28th Feb 2014, 16:36
Hello everyone, could someone tell me where the salaries are paid, i.e. into an Indian bank or a bank of any country of your choosing. Thanks very much

777AV8R
4th Mar 2014, 10:45
I'm trying to figure out what the reality is.
You can't use that question and be thinking of India at the same time. Its like having a 'route discontinuity'.

NG_Kaptain
17th Mar 2014, 17:25
Boeing B777 Line Captain

This is unique opportunity for retired or close to retirement B777 captains to extend their career to age 65

New base options are now available. Apart from Mumbai, bases in Abu Dhabi (AUH), New York (EWR and JFK) and Chicago (ORD) and are offered. Five days on / five days off rosters are offered in the US. Up to 28 captains per base are planned.

Candidates up to age 63 are acceptable. Candidates who have not flown the B777 within the last 42 months are acceptable on a case by case basis.

Customer will pay for recurrent training of selected candidates who are not current. Recurrent training is done after candidates have successfully completed their screening and have a signed their employment contract.

Our customer, requires fifty (50) B777 Line Captains and six (6) TRIs for 2014 employment.

What has been the response so far? I'm a T7 captain who threw my hat in the ring for this gig but have not committed. There are too many things that don't add up plus the track record of Jet and how they have treated their contract pilots in the past. The main attraction to me was that they were "offering" bases in the US, but they have the option to change that at any time.
The travel benefits also leave a lot to be desired, if I were to be confirmed business, upgradeable to first that might work but economy on a twelve to fourteen hour flight just doesn't suit me.
Right now I'm working for an airline in AUH that is going to be using Jet to some flying for us, pay and terms are good, duty travel is confirmed business class and personal travel is ID 50 or 90 business or first, my choice, I reckon it's probably best just to stay where I am.

dignified
21st Mar 2014, 18:00
I just got invited for a B777 NTR preliminary SIM assessment in BOM; the market is dry and yes, they will take Boeing heavy jet experience any takers? It remains to be seen who is willing to pay the 36 month bond? :sad:

Canuck15
25th Mar 2014, 11:21
And exactly where is this info from , no one in the expat cell seems to know about NTR T7 interviews

captjns
26th Mar 2014, 20:11
Per Expat Cell 700 on type required... DGCA requirement.

JamaicaRum
28th Mar 2014, 05:00
First time user here.

Just received word from Jet Airways that they are basing me out of Abu Dhabi till the end of 2014. :ugh: So much for the JFK Bases. I told them my contract says JFK but they said they can switch it depending on the needs of the company. :=

The writing is on the wall!! I knew I shouldn't have taken this position. The contract they present is worthless and although I was forewarned, I regrettably ignored all the info from my peers.

And the worst of it is, my family has already moved back awaiting my JFK basing. Which appears not be in the cards anytime soon. Wait till the wife hears this... :sad:

Stay away from this worthless contract gents. And don't resign from wherever you are. I'm in the process of going to see if I can get my old job back.

rdr
29th Mar 2014, 15:10
Its time for liars like Old Bold Pilot and Boeing 777 Line Captain to crawl out of their holes and explain this.

JamaicaRum
29th Mar 2014, 17:31
Old Bold Pilot is too busy sending me PM's that have zero information and rhetorical based questions.

He answers questions with a question. It's obvious he's part of the scam and running around in circles.

JamaicaRum
31st Mar 2014, 16:15
Correction guys...

Upon further pressing today, Jet Airways HR advised me that in-fact Abu Dhabi basing will not be possible and that my family and I will be based out of BOM.

JFK (or any USA) basing is a long shot at this point and now they are saying it could be 2016 (if at all). This story gets worse by the day.

:ugh:

captjns
31st Mar 2014, 17:51
JamaicaRum says

Upon further pressing today, Jet Airways HR advised me that in-fact Abu Dhabi basing will not be possible and that my family and I will be based out of BOM.

JFK (or any USA) basing is a long shot at this point and now they are saying it could be 2016 (if at all). This story gets worse by the day.

One of those unfortunate events having the Indian Aviation System demoted to a Category 2 after you joined with 9W. Put a crimp into the North American expansion program.:{

NG_Kaptain
1st Apr 2014, 17:15
If ET offers first or business class to screenings with no out of pocket expenses while 9W offers economy class with a submission for refunds for expenses, this shows the Jet needs to improve their terms. Additionally the carrot of US basing then withdrawing after signing shows a lack of principles on their part. I'll be withdrawing my interest and stay right where I am.

JamaicaRum
7th Apr 2014, 04:42
OldBoldPilot,

I'm confused. Jet Airways is still putting out this literature however I was told as recent as last week by Menon that my family and I would "not" be based out of JFK. Instead we'd be living and based out of BOM. The JFK bases are a long shot and at best, would not be happening for at least a year, most likely longer (if ever). This US Basing is dependent on FAA approval which does not appear to look favorable at this stage.

How, can they tell me one day that USA Basing's are not likely to happen for quite some time yet still post JFK Basing's?

This airline doesn't seem to be able to keep their facts straight. Very scary... and quite concerning.

777AV8R
7th Apr 2014, 13:20
All I can do is laugh. Why don't people read and believe the posts? And to give up a perfectly good job to go there? Furthermore..for those who think the CAT 2 will be lifted anytime soon, it's time for a reality check. Maybe in 2 years.

B744-B777
12th Apr 2014, 17:47
I want to add to the various posts that there is no truth to the NY basings, a colleague who just completed his line training was told that there are no more THY Istanbul vacancies and that they have the numbers required for that base. There are many Jet Airways Indian B737 pilots being trained in Etihad to fly the B777 and they will be based in UAE for 18 months and expat pilots will be based in Abu Dhabi. My recruitment agency is hopeless as are the others, do not believe the ads for any US bases, that will not materialize for at least one and a half years. There are RUMORS floating that they will even be terminating expat B777 pilots. Please believe what is being written, these are not negative rumors, they are facts. If not for my age I would have been out of here by now. Don't believe the ads and the promises that Jet Airways will make.They will not honor them.Everything they advertize or state is misleading.

777AV8R
13th Apr 2014, 16:19
You don't say....
I guess some don't read previous posts. I feel sorry for you all.

The adage, 'Buyer beware' and 'if it sounds too good to be true, it is', fits.

Been there done that.

steemer100
18th Apr 2014, 02:00
FullForward..... you are stupid cowardly asshole! Every pilot that accepts a contract position does it because it suits THEIR situation. Some do it just to continue enjoying a career with a Foreign airline and others do it out of necessity. Don't be so easy to judge....Dick head!!

fatbus
18th Apr 2014, 03:14
I agree with steemer . FF time to take a break and make it a long one . On the ignore list.

Sky Dancer
24th Apr 2014, 11:31
I think I've said this time and again. Things in Jet change on a whim and if you are going there with any long term plans you might as well forget it. In the past they have changed their strategy from the Brussels hub , to direct connections and now to the Etihad hub. A few years ago , they were not happy with the B 777s and were thinking of expanding the 330s and now it's the other way round.Now with Etihad having a stake in Jet , the confusion has just grown bigger. And before you know it , there will be no more Abu Dhabi hub and they will start winding down their wide body operations. Take my honest advice , if you guys have other options , it's better you go for them.

Geebz
24th Apr 2014, 23:20
Why don't you guys just quit?

I did. Jet screwed with the T&Cs of my contract one too many times that I bailed. Not before making a lot of money, mind you... merely because their operation is so chaotic (where there's chaos, there is opportunity). Eventually, though, I had enough.

Anyone that sticks around is either not looking hard enough for better employment, or likes the gig.

9W use to be an outstanding airline when it came to respecting the written word. That all changed in 2008 and isn't likely to return any time soon.

There is a reason they are always looking for pilots (too few applicants because they have a reputation for dishonesty).

777AV8R
29th Apr 2014, 15:54
And now the news.....

Etihad to hire 22 Jet Airways pilots for a year, offers over 30 per cent pay hike | The Indian Express (http://indianexpress.com/article/business/companies/etihad-to-hire-22-jet-airways-pilots-for-a-year-offers-over-30-per-cent-pay-hike/)

mazin dia
3rd May 2014, 07:50
This below is an ad received today, still showing various bases.

Further information: ........ on behalf of our client Jet Airways are seeking B777 Captains.

Duration: 3 years
Bonus: USD$72,000 at end of 36 month contract
Base/s: From April 2014
1. Mumbai
2. Abu Dhabi, Dubai
3. JFK, New York
4. Istanbul till end June 2014(completion of wet lease with TK)
Roster Pattern: 6 weeks on, 2 weeks off
Screening dates and location: Mumbai, India
Accommodation provided / Ground transportation provided
Minimum Requirements:
Total time: Minimum of 6,000 hours hours total time
PIC time: Minimum of 3,000 hours Pilot in Command
Time on type: Minimum of 700 hours on B777
Last date of flight: Within the last 24 Months (If currency is beyond 24 months, pilots have the option to complete a PC check and if successful at screening, Jet Airways will reimburse cost)
Licence: ICAO/FAA/JAA - ATPL/CPL
English language proficiency level: Minimum ICAO level 4 or above

B744-B777
3rd May 2014, 08:09
Hi 4aces-3pfcs (http://www.pprune.org/members/408834-4aces-3pfcs)
I fully agree , this is not what we signed up for.

B744-B777
12th May 2014, 04:16
I just want anyone contemplating the Jet Airways package to be aware that after October there will only be 1 option for continuing this contract , other than leaving, and that is to join Etihad. Jet has announced ,as has Etihad, that 11 captains and 11 copilots will be joining Etihad, this is on top of the B737 guys who have already joined and have completed/ are doing, their B777 type rating . And for those who would like to do that just look at the Middle East thread and decide for yourself

captjns
12th May 2014, 14:47
I thought that 9W would only accept type rated triple captains with 700 hours in type. Has the DGCA changed their position on this issue?

B744-B777
15th May 2014, 04:52
Ref to the ad, EY will never accept foreign bases, they have told 9W that they have their own pilots who have been demanding this and as such will not acquiesce to this. They will promise anything then deliver on nothing. 9W will not put up a fight with BIG BROTHER SAVIOR for the sake of us bunch of expats especially once they have the local pilots against us. They might promise us the moon but no one will deliver, whether it be both airlines or the recruitment agencies. Regarding the pay increase 9W will never offer TRI/TRE posts and the pay is exactly what has been offered from the beginning, no increase. By the way, the basic salary in EY is less than 9W, it starts at 35,060 AED which is approx 9600 USD, and living expenses are by far higher than Mumbai or Istanbul. EY does not offer any mode of surface transport to or from airport, only during ground school, nor do they pay any allowance to pilots. 3 cabin crew, the CM, CS and F&B Manager make more productivity than the Captain does, their meter runs from reporting time 1hour and 45 minutes before STD whereas pilots go chock to block and at a less rate than those 3. The pilots cannot disembark before the passengers have all disembarked, then the cabin crew conduct their post disembarkation tasks( security checks) then CM will give a debriefing on the aerobridge and all the crew have to pass in a single file through the immigration post, if one is missing none will be allowed to pass through (except the locals) so it will take you more than hour after chocks in to get to your car and if there are 57 wheel chair cases then good luck to you if you make it in one and a half hours, I will not mention precisely how long it took some.

B777TAC
17th May 2014, 08:16
Jet Airways suffers more then most from rumors and unimplemented plans.
Rumors from the lack of transparency, and unimplemented plans from the lack of proper planning!
So if it happens it happens, and if 9W is planning on sending all or most expats to AUH on a non-rotating contract, that won’t happen if you don’t accept and if they really need you they will adjust the plan. So they may not need you, have a back up.

xyz21
18th May 2014, 14:26
if you are already having 2000 hrs of flying exp in go air and you pass your ATPL exams ......how much are you expected to earn?????
pls reply

bucks_raj
18th May 2014, 16:14
:ok: how much does an atpl licensee holder earn

if you are already having 2000 hrs of flying exp in go air and you pass your ATPL exams ......how much are you expected to earn?????
pls reply

Just a Little less than Enough :ok:

Lightning Bandicoot
23rd May 2014, 11:55
For all those of you contemplating a switch to Jet, beware. U will never get what is promised as per your contract. The Indian government rules on employment of expats is very fickle and the slightest of policy changes or loss making by the airline, the first target to chop will be you.
The bunch of pilots running the show are not the nice blokes you think they are. They play the game to pull the rug under their own friends feet. As far as their so called 'association' or 'Union' goes, it is run by a few people who negotiate things in their own interest. Ever since 2008 Jet's own pilot community has taken great strengths in running themselves and each other down.
EY will do their best to help Jet so long as their own commercial interests are served.
Chicago, JFK base dreamers, dream on.

fatbus
11th Jun 2014, 15:37
Promises and expat contract flying do not mix.

B777TAC
16th Jun 2014, 12:29
“There comes a day that we become tired of hearing empty promises and insincere apologies; not just from others, but also from ourselves.”

“Trust is the residue of promises fulfilled.”

“A promise is only as good as the person or company who makes it. The character of the promiser or company is what gives the promise its value.

trackalpha
15th Jul 2014, 19:28
Air Transport World says Nov 18 Etihad will start operating SFO with leased Jet Airways 777's and "the flights will be operated by Etihad Airways and its crew.” Does this mean Jet Airways Expat's will be hitting the bricks again?

Jetjock330
17th Jul 2014, 11:07
AUH to SFO
At 8100 KM can 9W’s B77W’s even do that flight with a reasonable payload?

I think you meant NM.
Direct line 7070nm, 13079KM

de facto
19th Aug 2014, 17:33
Air Transport World says Nov 18 Etihad will start operating SFO with leased Jet Airways 777's and "the flights will be operated by Etihad Airways and its crew.” Does this mean Jet Airways Expat's will be hitting the bricks again?

Isnt Jet Airways wet leasing their 777 to Turkish Airlines with their own expats based in Istanbul?:E

Global world;)

B744-B777
19th Aug 2014, 22:05
Jet Airways leased 3 B777-300ER's to Turkish but the lease terminates towards the end of October 2014.Etihad already have a group of 20 sets or so of locals who moved from the B737NG/A330 to Etihad and have undergone conversion training but no news whether they are operational. Jet Airways does not have all the expat B777 crew based in Istanbul, they have a few based in Mumbai. The expats have already been told that their option is to move across to Etihad ON ETIHAD TERMS, not as per Jet Airways' contract. So far only 4-6 have indicated their willingness, and initially they were told they would not need to go through the assessment process but now have been told they will have to undergo the full assessment process.BTW I doubt that the Jet Airways B777-300ER's will be able to operate to SFO non stop as they do not have a TO Bump rating, of course this depends on the time of departure but at approx 10 am the temperature is around 42-43 in the summer and performance is approx 324,000 KGS and drops by about 3,000 KGS per every degree OAT rise.There were as far as I heard 4 new Captains undergoing ground school training recently for the IST operation, long after the expats were told of the termination of the Turkish lease !!!!!!

B744-B777
27th Aug 2014, 05:11
I can only imagine that such a proposal is being discussed among the expat pilot cohort to be relayed to management i.e. 1 month on one month off or any other similar arrangement, but other than the 3 week arrangement will not work because in Jet Airways if you away from flying for 30 days you have to undergo a line check with an TRE/TRI and they have a shortage in that area. Other airlines allow a simple take off and landing in a simulator to achieve currency status but not in Jet Airways so that will cause a logistical problem.

pilotchute
27th Aug 2014, 06:59
Latest is E#i#ad cant get the ETOPS approval for the Jet triplers to go to SFO/LAX. Apparently the engine paperwork isn't in as good a order as it should be.

SQnovice
31st Aug 2014, 10:29
Does anyone know when the actual date for the THY 777 lease will end? Heard rumours that's it's the end of October but some of Turkish routes still showing tr 9Ws 777?

777AV8R
6th Sep 2014, 02:49
'Cmon guys, look at the bright side. In your two months 'off', you could get another job to fill in. Then you'd be paid full time!

B744-B777
6th Oct 2014, 16:06
Regarding the previous exchange and debate about EY operating Jet Aircraft AUH-LAX, there was a comparison of Emirates operating non stop, just for info Emirates operates the B777-200 LR and not 300ER

ikarus-
8th Oct 2014, 06:45
:D:DIt may be bit off the topic but if everything goes well in upcoming FAA audit jet might increase frequency to US of A

NEW DELHI: The Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) has initiated the process of recertifying all airlines in the country in an attempt to ensure full compliance from all stakeholders during the audit by Federal Aviation Authority (FAA) in December this year.

"The process for recertification of Air India and Jet AirwaysBSE 1.65 % is on, and all other airlines will have to go through it. The DGCA has started with these two airlines because these two are the only carriers whi ..

Read more at:
Directorate General of Civil Aviation starts process of re-certifying airlines - The Economic Times (http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/44646979.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst)

sonniboydavid
9th Oct 2014, 07:38
Good morning,

I'm going to have an interview next with BCA.

I have worked for the same company for 24 years and is the first time I try elsewhere.

Any comments and suggestions on BCA, VOR holdings and life in Beijing would be greatly appreciated thanks.

IZAD
15th Oct 2014, 21:09
Certainly, let's see where do we start:
- China is different, still communist and sunny boys are not welcomed.
- you can enjoy smog and fog in PEK until 4pm, life is dull.
- read your contract carefully, small print and translated to English before you commit to anything. VOR holdings sounds experienced in China, they have a bad reputation though.
- do not disengage from your present employer until you get an official contract in hand; have they told you to prepare for three trips in a time frame of nine months before being offered a position?
- do you like frog legs or insects dissected for dessert? Anything that moves in China is edible, do not ever ask what they put inside chinese rice
- colleagues like me who have spent over two years here have developed skin diseases, pollution is high, and pilots have opted for leaving families behind
-police and government posts are corrupted similar to Russia.
-all bonuses they promise you are a fallacy, they take your money every month with the pretext of ACARS info indicating high taxi speed, hard landings, and even lack of pilot input during long haul flights.
Expect training with interpreter, their senior pilots DO NOT speak English Level 1
If you like to end your career in depression, welcome to land of freedom of speech.:yuk:

Corsair_F4U
17th Oct 2014, 08:56
All expat B777 captains at Jet Airways have been released. As the Turkish wet lease has been completed and the 3 B777 aircraft have been dry leased out.
I think this has happen once before in the pass at this carrier.

777AV8R
17th Oct 2014, 15:35
I hate to use the word vindication here. I actually feel sorry for you guys. On the other hand, it's a good lesson, especially when there are some of us with experience who tried to dissuade you.

rdr
19th Oct 2014, 10:11
You cannot trust Indian companies, period. The same for the Chinese one. Now lets hear about the more wonderful lies from Oldboldpilot and Aces to Faeces.

captjns
23rd Oct 2014, 17:06
I can relate experiences to the 737 pilots laid off.

A class whilst in ground school for two weeks were given their "Go Home Letters". all were paid full three months salary. Can't recall if paid in one lump sum, or over a three mont period. That was 2 1/2 years ago.

All pilots need to do is give KBNA a call, if he's still MGR of the EX-PAT CELL. Stand up guy as I remember him to be.

4aces-3pfcs
27th Oct 2014, 12:08
Good luck With that
It is very hard for management to do the right thing.

if he's still MGR of the EX-PAT CELL. Stand up guy as I remember him to be.

He is a big part of the problem

Someone is not telling the truth then and now,,, right down to the layoff no one was given 30 day notice. Unless they are planning on paying until Nov 7th?

Is there anyone here that thinks that will happen?

Not me>

Captaintalkalot
30th Oct 2014, 20:16
Wondered if anyone could update me as to what's happening with Jet Airways, I see that they have 2 777's already in the desert, and I'm guessing that the 3 from Turkish will be heading there soon as well.

What's happening with all of the expat captains they had? I was luckily enough to turn this position down eager in the year, but can understand some people having to take it. Any update woukd be great.

Taylor01
31st Oct 2014, 02:33
Ok since the FAA down graded the DGCA Jet was not able to add the JFK flights. A lot of us were hired for the JFK base and since they could not add the flights as of NOV. 1st we are all furloughed. Jet hopes to get the cat. 1 upgrade back next year. There are around 55 expat Captains on the 777. Good to luck all of us. And for all of you guys that told me not to go...well you were right!

777AV8R
31st Oct 2014, 03:31
Well, it isn't 'Jet' who should be hoping to get Cat 1 back, its the DGCA. With the current concerns at EASA as well, this still could be a long process. The international policy office in D.C. is staffed with some very competent experts. They leave no stones unturned.
The return to Cat 1 will happen when all things 'safety' can be assured.

captjns
31st Oct 2014, 18:30
Good luck With that
It is very hard for management to do the right thing.

Quote:
if he's still MGR of the EX-PAT CELL. Stand up guy as I remember him to be.
He is a big part of the problem

Some may agree and some may not. In recent years, Mr. Menon has been receiving his marching orders from a pay grade above his level. He was able to authorize any reasonable request without review from those who sit in the upper levels of the glass tower.

He's a stand up guy, in my opinion.

B744-B777
5th Nov 2014, 08:47
Just to be fair to Jet Airways, the FAA downgrade was not a fault of their own, as mentioned in other posts it was the fault and inefficiency of the Indian DGCA. The Turkish lease was terminated because of BIG BROTHER's EY interference and bullying, saying that they wanted the 3 aircraft to be based in AD to operate their own flights. However, at the termination of the lease a team from Jet was in Istanbul to try to re-negotiate the lease because BIG BROTHER EY backed out and said they did not want the aircraft. !!!!
Jet did try to help out each and every expat pilot, some had their PPCs done within a few days of the end of their contract just to help them out and keep their licenses valid.
Not all expat B777 captains will be available to return to Jet once the FAA categorization is upgraded to Cat 1 is approved( if and definitely not before November 15) as lots have started new jobs elsewhere and some will be past the max age when this happens. One nasty .....Captain was caught with a high BA on his last flight so he will not be returning and no one will shed a tear for him.

dignified
9th Nov 2014, 18:12
Kind of hard to believe 9W could note look for other destinations in Europe such as MAD, MXP, FRA, and others. This story that we hired B777 foreign captains for BOM/IST is flawed. EY before buying shares from 9W made it clear their domain is the USA from AUH, whether or not Indian DCGA downgrading by FAA is removed.

I am more inclined to believe that 9W Chairman is not aggressive enough with Intl destinations, but soon he must realize that with the density of pax moving domestically within India, those furloughed B777 would be needed back soon. They may not return, there is too much blood spilled over who runs the airlines in India, a paternalistic DGCA? or business entrepreneurs who should endeavor to privatize this pathethic sector of transportation in India.

vortex-generators
1st Dec 2014, 16:42
Kind of hard to believe 9W could note look for other destinations in Europe such as MAD, MXP, FRA, and others. This story that we hired B777 foreign captains for BOM/IST is flawed.

The furlough of foreign pilots had very little if any to do with the DGCA being down graded or the lack of upgrade by the FAA.:ugh:

steemer100
2nd Dec 2014, 02:46
And you know this how?

Corsair_F4U
18th Dec 2014, 16:16
And you know this how?

Sadly: VG most likely knows this fact the same way you and I know, by just looking at their actions.
Empty promises the list is long and " now no final payment!"

But you could still believe you will be recalled in Jan,,,(promise) their action "your visa has been CANCELLED fact."

fullforward
19th Dec 2014, 05:49
You're wrong.

They fully honoured the final payment including the bonus, even for guys that operated for just a few months.
This accordingly to at least 4 friends that were furloughed in October.

Maybe it's a signal that Jet wants to keep their reputation intact, for future plans.:D

Rudyard K
22nd Dec 2014, 13:19
B747-777, I received, along with several others, full settlement on 18 Dec. If you are really entitled to the bonus, suggest you contact Jet rather than spreading false rumours.:=

vortex-generators
2nd Jan 2015, 21:34
Credo quia absurdum
Almost every thing Jet said is absurd and the more you needed the job the more you believed!

Corsair

You're wrong.

They fully honored the final payment including the bonus, even for guys that operated for just a few months.

No F4U and B747-777 are correct!
Did Jet pay you on the 1st “NO” did they pay you no the 15th “NO” they only paid you on the 18th after no less then a dozen captains wrote and ask why.

You can’t tell me you have never had or heard a promise not being fulfilled by 9W.

Geebz
30th Mar 2015, 23:08
KB Menon is on your side. He is truly a good man. But he takes his orders from the chairman so there is only so much he can do. That said, he gets it when you refuse to play team ball simply because his company isn't doing the same with respect to your contract. A lot of things happen that he just can't control but he does his best to minimize the impact to the pilot.

I have worked for 9W during 3 contracts over 12 years. Each time was frustrating but in the end I was paid everything owed, which is more than I can say for other contracts that I've done.

I doubt I'd ever do another contract with 9W again but if I did I would only do so if Menon were in charge of Expat Cell. I'm sure he's pretty close to retiring as he's been telling me that he's about had it for years. There will never be another like him at Jet.

captjns
30th Mar 2015, 23:46
I second that about Mr. Menon. A true class act. A man of his word. His hand shake carried more value with me than commitments written on paper by management. I felt bad for him when his powers and authority were stripped from him.

An email or phone call to Mr. Menon never went unanswered.

I hope he enjoys the rest of his golden years when and Mr. Menon retires.

On the flip side, I too have received all pay that was due me when I mustered out.... unused vacation, sick, and loyalty bonus.

kevin777x
31st Mar 2015, 01:16
Is Jet Airways hiring Non type rated 777 pilots as well?

fullforward
2nd Apr 2015, 05:48
Did you just read the last few posts?

From where you got the idea JET is ever recruiting ANY pilots?

S61N1977
25th Mar 2016, 03:21
Gentlemen anybody of you who went for the jet airways recent screening for the B777 command, what can be expected during the interview and what malfunctions can one expect during the sim ride would be much appreciated .
Thanks.

rdr
25th Mar 2016, 07:49
And what abut SWIP and the anti foreign pilot feelings ??

S61N1977
28th Mar 2016, 01:01
Fullforward,
Thanks for the info.

hitansh
27th May 2018, 17:19
It has been 2 years since the last post on the thread. What is the situation now ?

Bored_Aviator
28th May 2018, 03:52
It has been 2 years since the last post on the thread. What is the situation now ?

Pay cuts for new pilots, and the 2nd longest upgrade time to Captain in India ( Air India is currently the longest) and they reported a net loss of 10 billion rupees this quarter so expect more salary cuts for them to regain profitability.

http://www.business-standard.com/article/companies/jet-airways-reports-loss-of-rs-10-bn-in-q4-auditors-flag-going-concern-118052400587_1.html

hitansh
26th Jun 2018, 02:39
I just spoke to my cousin in Jet Airways and despite losses he is upgraded from 737 to 777 to complete his 3000 hours quick and become a Captain on 737.
So you might need to check your info