PDA

View Full Version : Happy New NATS?

MrJones
31st Dec 2007, 19:17
2007 was another year of change for NATS and now that 2008 is now upon us we can look to the future and wonder exactly what it holds for the company?

In the past few years NATS has undergone tremendous change, some of it has gone smoothly and some of it has not but as everyone who works for NATS will testify we are a vastly different company now to the one Paul Barron was given the reins of.

While there will obviously be further change in the future staff must wonder what is it all for? What is the payback for all this hard work and sacrifice?

Now we are a Lean Mean Business Machine where is the growth?

Big businesses depends on growth. Sure they all cut costs but there comes a time when there isn’t that much flesh left on the bone to cut and while further cuts may look good to an Accountant to Joe Blogs on the Coalface if just makes his job that much harder and then the customers start to notice.

In his seasonal email Mr Barron wrote “we won numerous contracts for business both here and overseas”

I have to say I didn’t notice any of these.

NATS is a big company; is it capable of winning a BIG contract? Something that will make the ATM world sit up and take notice? If not why not?

And if not, what next for NATS?

niknak
31st Dec 2007, 19:39
Just out of interest, what would be a "big" contract for NATS?

Lon More
1st Jan 2008, 00:39
And if not, what next for NATS

my crystal balls forecast being assimilated by the DFS

TrafficTraffic
1st Jan 2008, 03:32
Interesting hypothesis. Where would that then leave EuroControl?
Exactly where it is - for want of a better phrase the EU has made Eurocontrol a protected species One Sky For Europe
TT

Lon More
1st Jan 2008, 03:34
Where would that then leave EuroControl?
Eurocontrol (one word) in limbo, as always. It's a miracle that it has survived so long. In the past the British/French/Dutch/own management were the ones out to sabotage it. Now? Who knows?

Mister Geezer
2nd Jan 2008, 00:20
Bloody hell....

NATS are dealing with sofas now as well as aircraft (DFS... hee hee)?

Lon More
2nd Jan 2008, 07:47
NATS are dealing with sofas now as well as aircraft (DFS... hee hee)?

Bet you haven't heard the one about Santa and the FAA inspector yet either:\

Minesapint
3rd Jan 2008, 19:02
I bet we are being readied for full privatisation, big pay offs for the Alstrom lot and off they will go like a shot, taking their NATS pensions with them. That is our future, and DFS may well be a part of it - then ATC will get it - wait and see!

Roffa
6th Jan 2008, 14:19
What do the doomsayers see as "ATC getting it" then?

hold at SATAN
6th Jan 2008, 19:30
... i dunno but do you folks think the expansion of NATS means the creation of more "roles"? Just noticed on the intranet that a new role of "Head of Environmental & Community Affairs" has been created and filled! :\

...what the heck????