PDA

View Full Version : Heathrow Tower

Plumaveloz
30th Dec 2007, 23:53
Just a simple question: How many controller work on a day/night shift and how many possitions are open?

The number of movements is amazing for just two runways. Good job!

Regards from the sun,

Á.G.

Gonzo
31st Dec 2007, 07:25
From 0700 to around 2200 local, depending on the traffic (and staff available), we have Delivery, GMC1, GMC2, Air (N) and Air (S), and a Supervisor.

Plumaveloz
31st Dec 2007, 08:47
Thanks a lot.

Á.G.

TheOddOne
31st Dec 2007, 18:34
The number of movements is amazing for just two runways. Good job!

Absolutely, but not quite as amazing as Gatwick, with more movements per runway than Heathrow. Actually LGW is the world's busiest single-runway airport. (Got to wave a flag for the old place)

Actually, in my experience, the controllers (and panel operators and assistants) of both aerodrome ATC units are the best, the very best in the world.

TheOddOne

ps at LHR and LGW and other major UK airports, the lighting panel operators form an essential part of the team and they are often left out of people's appreciation of how these places operate so efficiently. They often act as the 'eyes and ears' of the GMC, both by day and night.

niknak
31st Dec 2007, 19:42
I think that Plumaveloz may well be NATS management, read his initial post more carefully...
how many atcos work.....:p:E

cossack
31st Dec 2007, 20:27
at LHR and LGW and other major UK airports
I wasn't aware that any other UK airports had LPOs. Please enlighten...

SilentHandover
31st Dec 2007, 21:58
Farnborough has got one!

cossack
31st Dec 2007, 22:19
I guess that makes LF a major airport then.:D

SACrIGGER
1st Jan 2008, 10:10
Is LF's LPO still serving as a LPO? Or have they moved to pastures new?

Track Coastal
1st Jan 2008, 13:00
check PMs pls:ok:

cossack
1st Jan 2008, 15:02
TC PM sent:ok:

Plumaveloz
6th Jan 2008, 19:31
I think that Plumaveloz may well be NATS management,

You are right. I have 600.000 euro plus bonus contract with NATS in order to investigate and find out how to get 4 planes where there is room for 3.. No good deal by the moment, but I keep trying :}

And, by the way, you can bet your plantronics they do work at Heathrow.

Regards from the sun,

Á.G.