PDA

View Full Version : Flying Schools in Newquay

adverse-bump
30th Dec 2007, 16:28
Anyone know of any schools in newquay looking for part time FI's. just about to relocate and wouldnt mind keeping the SEP valid.

portsharbourflyer
30th Dec 2007, 17:00
There are no flying schools at Newquay.
There are three PPL schools in Cornwall, Bodmin, Perrenporth and the Land's End Flying School.

Notoc
30th Dec 2007, 18:48
Don't know about Newquay, but I know of an FTO requiring JAR-FCL ME/IR/CPL Instructors in the South West of England. PM if you would like the details.

adverse-bump
1st Jan 2008, 01:00
thanks but was just looking for part time FI work, as ill be full time with an airline.

welkyboy
1st Jan 2008, 15:30
Make sure you clear with your airline any extra flying, as it might compromise your duty hours. Some airlines turn a blind eye but most don't allow their pilots to instruct part time. Private flying is not affected.

portsharbourflyer
1st Jan 2008, 15:51
Forgot to mention, there is at least one PPL school at Plymouth airport, Plymouth is probably about an hours drive from Newquay. Just as close as the other PPL schools in the area from Newquay.

Bahn-Jeaux
2nd Jan 2008, 09:19
I thought Perranporth was only about 10 mins from Newquay

scooter boy
2nd Jan 2008, 10:33
Yeah Bahn-Jeaux is right, Perranporth is the closest option for Newquay, very nice little airfield too.

SB

Raven30
2nd Jan 2008, 13:00
And if it takes you an hour to get from Newquay to Bodmin, then you have definitely taken the wrong route!! :E

portsharbourflyer
2nd Jan 2008, 18:28
Yes, sorry everyone, Perrenporth is only about a 20 minute drive from Newquay, as said Bodmin isn't that far either.

However none of the schools in Cornwall are particulary busy; therefore the school at Plymouth is much more likely to have vacancies for a part time instructor.

The other thing to consider Adverse, if you are unrestricted then the Culdrose flying club may be interested in your services on a part time basis.

shortstripper
11th Jan 2008, 04:41
And if it takes you an hour to get from Newquay to Bodmin, then you have definitely taken the wrong route!!

Or hit the tourist traffic out of Newquay! :uhoh:

SS

tonker
12th Jan 2008, 19:49
As a west countryman stuck in deepest darkest Newcastle Upon Tyneshire, the thought of flying from Perranporth and Bodmin almost puts a lump in my throat.

Beautiful

:(

Raven30
13th Jan 2008, 07:04
Or hit the tourist traffic out of Newquay!

Thankfully the new dualled section of the A30 has virtually removed that nightmare!!

Never a problem on 2 wheels though!

There were rumours of a Flying School starting up an Newquay once transition had been completed - however I have seen nothing yet to substantiate that - and rumour control is working overtime at the moment!

portsharbourflyer
16th Jan 2008, 08:11
There is not the demand nor customer base to support another PPL school in Cornwall, if a school did open in Newquay then I am certain one of the other three schools would close.

N.HEALD
16th Jan 2008, 20:49
Probably a bit out of your way, but Exeter Flying Club are looking for ppart time and full time QFI's and AFI's, www.flying-club.com (http://www.flying-club.com) or ring Chris Martin CFI for details