PDA

View Full Version : Hellas Jet overuns taxiway

europeflyer
29th Dec 2007, 21:25
A few days ago the A-320 of Hellas Jet had an incident.While exiting the runway they ended up in the grass. The Captain was the FOD of the company, an ex-military pilot:yuk: who belongs to the new upper management of Hellas Jet.
Hellas Jet for three years was subsidiary of Cyprus Airlines but later turned to charter operation with new management:}. In the past few months they just survive with one A-320 making flights for Olympic Airlines.

Shanwick Shanwick
29th Dec 2007, 21:28
Aircraft "overrun" the taxi-way daily. This ain't news.

europeflyer
29th Dec 2007, 21:33
This particular aircraft is a very old A-320.They had a cracked wind shield. I was just wondering if this incident is due to poor maintenance, bad pilots or combination of both. As a paying customer with Olympic Airlines, i do not want sub standard pilots and/or aircraft.

one four sick
30th Dec 2007, 10:47
europeflyer
Looking at your very low number of postings, by and large you seem to be satisfied with whomever flies you from the sharp end, otherwise we would have seen more posts from you on the subject.
So, as a non aviator you might be just a little too far ahead in the fingerpointing club, even though it's kind of speculative.
I say, relax and if you want relative safety - only fly with top UK airlines - as one sensibly would.

POL.777
30th Dec 2007, 11:32
wonder what europeflyer edited out...

europeflyer
30th Dec 2007, 13:08
One four sick.... are you sick????
We are not talking about safety in UK..... The news is that Hellas Jet had an incident and the Captain was the FOD. Please stick on the facts and make comments about the incident. Taxing on the grass is NOT Airbus or company SOP s....
About editing... yes in order to give correct information to other Pilots.

luton
30th Dec 2007, 15:04
Hi guys,
I heard the:mad: FOD involved had only 200 hours on type and was acting as TRI/TRE for the company! The Athens airport is after these guys for destroying same taxiway lights. Can somebody confirm this?:oh:

swh
30th Dec 2007, 17:12
Heaven help the crew of the United 767 that got stuck in the mud at Kansas city today, wonder what sort of unfounded slur europeflyer would come up with about that event.....:mad:

LatviaCalling
30th Dec 2007, 20:05
It's been a while since I've posted, maybe because of the petty posts accusing each other of willfull negligence, whatever the topic may me. On this post, we never got to answer the original poster's question -- why did the plane end up in the grass? That's the subject.

OXOGEKAS340
30th Dec 2007, 21:47
No one heard about this "incidence" of HELLASJET, in O.A.
If you have precise information, you must inform us ASAP, in order to take actions.
Otherwise I must assume that this is a new speculation!:eek:

VillWill
31st Dec 2007, 03:51
only fly with top UK airlines - as one sensibly would.

Are you joking?? So this guy who flies regularly with Olympic should now revert to only flying with TOP UK airlines??
That should make for interesting connections when wanting to fly from let say Athens to Madrid.

luton
1st Jan 2008, 22:33
I think budy you are the only one in Greece who haven't heard about that.
In the airport is a common secret. You can ask around in the airport. There are also around some nice pictures. Why is not formal I dont know

luton
2nd Jan 2008, 08:16
OXOGEKAS340 check with Venizelos airport if you want to find out what happened, they know.:ok:

europeflyer
5th Jan 2008, 10:45
Oxogekas340 the incident was on November 23rd in LGAV.
The aircraft was operating for Olympic Airlines OA162 on route EDDT-LGTS-LGAV. After landing on rwy 03R left exit on high speed turn off and then the aircraft left the taxiway on the right out side the taxiway.
The aircraft went to the apron, remain on ground for 4 hours with delay on next Olympic Airlines schedule flight.
Main change on the main wheels but no report or inspection was made.
The FOD requested silence from the crews and witness of the incident!!!
If you want more information for.... further action, ask from Safety Departement of Olympic because Hellas Jet is operating for OA.
Olympic survival will only be a......speculation if using other Airlines like Hellas Jet.;)