View Full Version : G-Reg PropJet?

skybeacon
29th Dec 2007, 09:16
Has anyone ever tried to register a Malibu/Mirage turbine convesion (JetProp DLX) with the CAA in the UK?

I see a number of EASA registered ones- with French, German and other (Spanish, Dutch ++?) appearing to feature in Plane Pictures (see link below). Assuming they are JetProps rather than Meridians, then presuumably the CAA would not have any problem accepting one onto the G-reg (!). Does anyone have any experience of this?

Any advice welcomed.

http://www.planepictures.net/netsearch4.cgi?stype=actype&srng=2&tr=72&toprange=&srch=Piper+PA-46-350P+Malibu+Mirage+/+Jetprop+DLX&offset=&range=15

IO540
29th Dec 2007, 09:44
AIUI, the CAA is out of the picture now as far as the initial acceptance goes.

If a type has been previously on any EU register than it can go on any other EU register now, under EASA.

I am suprised to find Jetprops on EU reg - interesting! Never thought this was possible. The conversion is done under an FAA STC so somebody must have done the paperwork based on that.

I suggest contacting the owners directly.

wigglyamp
29th Dec 2007, 22:54
The conversion was approved via an FAA STC ST00541SE - this was subsequently validated by the German LBA under SA1189, so it's automatically accepted in all EASA states without any further investigation.:)

IO540
30th Dec 2007, 06:29
Excellent news. The Jetprop would be my choice as one of the few (the only??) pressurised turboprops under 2000kg, if I ever wanted to go faster. Of course, the Epic Escape is the one to really watch but god knows how long EASA will take to certify the Epic range ;)

FullyFlapped
30th Dec 2007, 11:19
The Epic comes in over your 2,000Kg MTOW ... so IFR charges for you, my friend !

I reckon you should try a Silver Eagle (that's the O&N bare-metal-up rebuild of a P210, with the Rolls Royce engine) - it's amazing. Luxurious, fast enough, with incredible STOL performance (you can get them out of less than 300 yards, and stop them in around 500 feet) , great load carrying performance (as with all the 210 range) and, as those guys in Ireland found, they even seem to keep going if you accidentally leave half a wing in a tree as you depart ! :ugh:

One day ... :D

FF :ok: