Pages : [1] 2

born to suffer
28th Dec 2007, 23:26
Guys in 28 of November 2007 there was an interview in Qatar airways
For the position of second officer
27 pilots have been interviewed for that position and I was one of them
They told me we will get back to you within three to four weeks and here we are
One month is gone :bored:
Has anyone of those who has been interviewed by Qatar airways had any response:ugh:
Or does anyone knows what is going on:confused:
I have heard a lot of rumors so please if any one knows what actually is going one
Would bring some light

FEDENO
29th Dec 2007, 17:11
Was this position of second officer posted on the Qatar Airways website?because I saw only the post for second officer in the beginning of this last december.The interview was at Qatar or in London?

Chears,

Fedeno

born to suffer
29th Dec 2007, 23:48
The interview has been done in Qatar and that was be4 Qatar Airways posted it in their website

jet_air
30th Dec 2007, 15:28
I just got a mail asking me to confirm my Frozen ATPL ..

born to suffer
30th Dec 2007, 15:53
well u r rude heathrow09L and u need to see a doctor to manage ur anger

jet air have u been interviewed yet??

boeingbus2002
30th Dec 2007, 18:47
Well they recruited back in 2005. A few were sucessful however its not known if they were actually offered a position on a type course. Anyone know?
What was the selection like this time? (November)

born to suffer
30th Dec 2007, 23:49
This is the problem boeingbus2002 as I heard Qatar airways never called back any one from the 2005 candidates
And now no one knows what is going on for 2007 selection
A captain working for Qatar airways told me now they have a management change
So we might face some delay

FEDENO
31st Dec 2007, 17:17
No..there is a pilot that make the interview in the same day with me in 2005 that was called and now is a A320 First Officer at Qatar.It was almost one year of holding poll.

born to suffer
31st Dec 2007, 17:55
i dont mind to hold poll for one year if eventually i will get the job
i hope every thing gonna be alright

jet_air
1st Jan 2008, 08:44
Not yet called for the interview.. but would like to knoe wats da interview with Qatar all about .. what are they asking for and expecting ?:confused:

PilotVD
1st Jan 2008, 10:30
hi jet_air,

in one of ur earlier post on the 30/11/07, u mentioned that u were selected by an airline in the Gulf, were u referring to Qatar Airways?
if yes when did u apply?
the ad was posted on their website on the 6/12/07.
I did send my application to that ad but heard nothing yet!
sorry to bombard u with so many questions as I've got similar hours to u, got all the requirements(IR, fATPL) they've asked plus a BA in Aviation

May I ask u if u did send them a follow up letter or did call them?

cheers n Happy New Yr
VD

OMDB30R
1st Jan 2008, 11:36
I also sent my application back in Dec 07, nothing heard from them yet, I also applied to Air Mauritius, still not heard anything from them, I guess with it being the New Year, we might hear towards the end of January.

born to suffer
1st Jan 2008, 14:19
Jet air the interview is easy nothing to worry about
U will start with 15 multiple choice questions basic aviation knowledge
And then u will have a one to one interview and they will ask u to
Talk about ur self, no aviation questions, just to check how fluent u r in English
That’s it

hasoon
1st Jan 2008, 15:43
hi guys, iam local i live in kuwait hold JAA ATPL with A320 MCC iam very interested to work for qatar but my age is 39 do they agree? thanx

SURGEBLEEDVALVE
1st Jan 2008, 20:04
I got interviewed back in November 2005 for the S/O program. I was selected after 3 weeks but was in a holding pool for 14 months. Then I got the letter saying I wasn't successful !!!!

So for those of you that applied for this selection it might be different and you will score better... but don't put all your eggs in one basket and keep your options open.

Goodluck !

jet_air
2nd Jan 2008, 04:13
Surgebleed is rite.. from what i knoe.. it aint too good to rely upon one single airline.. i am actually planning to get my 737 TR and some line check time on type done in USA .. and head back to india.. I knoe it sounds crazy.. but with the competition in INDIA.. i wud think this is a beta way to do it.. and get picked up by the Airlines...

jet_air
2nd Jan 2008, 04:17
Yea i was reffering to QR .. i am not sure of the date i applied.. but i got a mail from them .. for which i replied.. and i again replied back.. One I woudnt be able to get an Frozen ATPL becoz i hold an FAA Certificate.. and I am less than 23 years in age.. So the ball is in their court to select me...

eagle1900
2nd Jan 2008, 09:11
Jet air do u hold FATPL

eagle1900
2nd Jan 2008, 09:27
i did the assesments in 2005 and never heared anything after that.

FEDENO
2nd Jan 2008, 14:06
I received the NO from the Second Officer selection today!Probably because I didnt passed on the selection at 2005.

pspflyer
2nd Jan 2008, 17:07
Hi FEDENO i recieve a mail today from QR HR stating that i don't meet the requirements of S/O position of QR.

cool_pilot
2nd Jan 2008, 22:57
I have applied online to the last S/O vacancyon their website but no replies so far !!!

TZZ
3rd Jan 2008, 03:38
Same here i applied too but never heared anything from them yet, so just keeping hope

indonep
4th Jan 2008, 00:07
Hi! people
I am a former cabin crew from Qatar airways holding an FAA CPL /IR/ME to FATPL.
I have applied for the cadet pilot program in december 2007.
Do ypu people think I can wait for a positive reply considering that I dont have an FATPL?

FEDENO
4th Jan 2008, 01:12
They are very Ironic....say that I dont have the requiremtens....hahahahaha...I have much more then they were asking for!!

indonep
4th Jan 2008, 07:55
All that I have is FAA CPl/IR/ME total time 230 hrs. no FATPL no type rating.

Are there any hopes that they will call me for the cadet pilot interview? I was a cabin crew wih them about 2 years ago.

Also is the FAA ATP valid with Qatar airways?

jet_air
4th Jan 2008, 16:53
NO FATPL here.. guyzz I belong to the FAA .. :-(

a-b212
5th Jan 2008, 01:44
hi guys sorry to heard about the rejection but the selection has been made and they shoosed four guys and they will be sent to do the type rating on february and they are going derectly to the 330

PilotVD
5th Jan 2008, 07:02
I doubt that Qatar would only take 4 second officers after opening this vacancy to applicants from all over the world.
would make sense that they would restrict this vacancy to nationals only if they wanted only 4 SO's.

raw_data_in
5th Jan 2008, 08:30
Hey guys,

I know one guy who will join QR this january
I've unfortunately lost contact with him since november
anyone knows exactly who are these 4 guys? (where they are from and when did they take the interview and screening with QR...)
I would be very happy for him if he is about to go directly on A330

born to suffer
5th Jan 2008, 14:33
a-b212 r u sure about the selection ?
have u got any reply from them ?
about the a 330 I don’t think so coz on their website they said pilots above the minimum requirements will conceder to get a type rating on the airbus 330 that mean pilots with more than 2000 hours will be conceders for the airbus 330
this is what the website says.
but every thing is possible here

turbineski
5th Jan 2008, 15:25
-- does anyone have any idea what the length of time spent as a S/O?

The contract for the 5 yrs starts after commencing a position as an FO.

a-b212
5th Jan 2008, 18:17
yes im sure about the selection at least the guys who passed the interview with me and about the a-330 im sure too because the first 4 guys are already in london doing the type rating for the 330 (second officers)

born to suffer
5th Jan 2008, 22:11
Turbineski as far as I know you will spend around 8 months as a S/O
This is what I heard
a-b212 have u been selected?
If yes , do they provide u with any info about how the training process will be

TZZ
6th Jan 2008, 02:06
i applied on 7th december and i havnt got any reply its been 30 days so shall i wait for another 60 days hoping that they will invite me for assesment, is there anybody who has applied and has not heared anything yet

cheers

tidkar
7th Jan 2008, 15:17
hi,i did receive a respond from Qtar on the 17nov saying that they close the recruitement,and asking me to re aply on another advertisind date:uhoh:,............any comment:confused:

cirrus81
7th Jan 2008, 16:39
i applied on 7th december as well and still waiting for a reply.

cool_pilot
7th Jan 2008, 22:18
Guys guys...... I think we need to wait for a max.period of 90 days before confirming the fact that we are not lucky enough to join them....

I am quiet sure that there might some kind of mis-understanding regarding the 4 selected S/O 's as its impossible to select this very small number of pilots !!!

a-b212
7th Jan 2008, 22:34
about the four second officers i didn't say that they were the only ones shoosen from everybodie :=. they are the ones selected from the group of people i passed the interview with.sorry about any missunderstanding

CEO PITA
7th Jan 2008, 23:31
Sorry but i have to tell you that out of 10 Qr is taking a y at least half are sons of captians working in QR so maybe 2-5 positions free !
Its not a joke but i flown with this captians at least 12 has son in airline already and many more to jojn !

born to suffer
8th Jan 2008, 04:59
a-b212 I don’t know u might be right and u might be wrong and that is what I hate the most when every thing become controversial
but here what I know , I was having a little chat with a captain who work for Qatar airways and I asked him if he know any thing about the S/O selection and I told him ur side of story and he said : I don’t know any thing about the selection but I know Qatar airways don’t send their pilots to uk for the 330 type rating coz they do it here in Qatar airways facilities
and he added there is no obstacle for new inexperienced joiners to be selected for the airbus 330 however in this circumstances I don’t believe Qatar airways will do thing like this specially when u know about the very long list of furious a 320 first officer who waiting for upgrade or the chance of flying a wide body aircraft
so politically and economically there is no chance for that to happen.

Anyway I don’t know what is true and what is not

CEO PITA
About the captains sons that is true I met some of them in the interview and I am sure the Priority will be for them

Cheers

born to suffer
10th Jan 2008, 00:24
I phoned Arthur the senior recruitment officer in Qatar airways
And he told me no one has been selected yet
And when I asked him if he know when we might get any response
Ha said he is waiting for an approval from the CEO
Guys what is going on:ugh:
I am really confuse:confused:

OMDB30R
10th Jan 2008, 10:43
Born to Suffer,

You are correct with regards to the fcat QR have NOT selected anyone who applied in Dec 07, I spoke on the phone to the QR Pilot Training Manager, and told me that they are going to look through the applications now, so no telling how long. I applied in Dec 07

jet_air
10th Jan 2008, 13:03
I got a mail again from the HR Dept asking me to get back to them with a Frozen ATPL.. Gonna talk to them by phone and see if it works out .. coz there are absolutely no chances of me getting FATPL from FAA now till i reach 23.. !:ugh:

tidkar
10th Jan 2008, 19:52
hi,can u plz help me by giving me the email of QR that ur sending ur CVs to,coz i don't ve any clue how things r going and the right person we ve to contact:O..........u ll be grathfull:) ......thanks

a-b212
11th Jan 2008, 18:35
hi guys sorry i didn't have the chance to get conected earlier but about the recrutement it's has already been done and the guys selected have stared the courses introduction;dangers goods;which mean that they received their rosters and they are shceduled to go on type rating on february and it will be on the 330 in london.and the four guys applied on december 2007 but the thing i dont know is if they are taking any more people or no.but my guess is they are so good luck guys :ok:

TZZ
12th Jan 2008, 02:38
ab212 i dont believe that they selected 4 people from december vacancy,maybe they are from november interview

indonep
19th Jan 2008, 15:41
Does QR bother about science or commerce back ground in high school?

cirrus81
27th Jan 2008, 11:53
any updates anyone?

TZZ
27th Jan 2008, 12:04
nothing until now.

garry_paul18
5th Feb 2008, 21:46
Hi guys. I got into QR as a S/O 3 yrs ago and the requirements were CPL/IR with a Multi endorsement with an ICAO or JAA FATPL. I came in with a CPL/MIR FATPL (ICAO) and as far as i know, their requirements have not changed. FAA FATPL is not accepted. They are taking about 10-15 S/O a year and out of which about 75% of them are locals. Training is done here in Doha. The bond is 5 yrs and $50K and S/O training is up to about a year now (which can be completed in 6 months) so that they dont have to pay you as a F/O. I was in the pool for about 8 months and got in on the 320. Didnt take long before i was on 330 and i just got my letter for 340. So promotions are pretty fast up here. For those without a FATPL, i suggest you get one or else you will have to look elsewhere. But before joining, make sure you are ready to come here. It isnt the most exciting place ever and cost of living is just MAD! I dont have many frills but i still dont manage to save anything more than 40% of my salary. I'm definitely out of here after my 5 years. I pretty much got a yes from Jet but was told to wait a couple of more months. Air Asia is also hiring and rumor has it that Etihad will be starting S/O training once (if) they get their A320s. Hope things go well for you guys and good luck.:ok:

born to suffer
5th Feb 2008, 23:38
Garry paul18
Thank u very much 4 ur contribution its really had a lot of info I was anxious to read.

And 4 the rest of us who has been interviewed in November or applied in December
I wish if I have any useful info but unfortunately I don’t:ugh:, I wish if some one insider could
Provide us with the reality

Wish the best 4 all of us

T dot
8th Feb 2008, 16:49
Hey Garry_Paul,

Just Curious... how many hours did you have when you joined Qatar??...

buboso
9th Feb 2008, 11:58
hi gays:=

...guys, please

bubu

tidkar
9th Feb 2008, 12:09
soooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrryyyyyy guys,coz i used to write much more in french

garry_paul18
11th Feb 2008, 21:00
hey T_dot

I came in with 240hrs single and 40 hrs multi

T dot
11th Feb 2008, 23:23
:ok: that's Pretty impressive!... gives hope to the rest of us!...lol.. i'm currently sitting at 600 hrs but low on multi time (15hr:uhoh:)... hopefully they'll start their second officer recruitement again*fingers crossed*

TZZ
12th Feb 2008, 08:30
hi everyone i just wanted to know people who applied on 6th of december for S/O with qatar airways has heared anything from them.

cheers

indonep
12th Feb 2008, 11:35
does Qr accept FAA ATP( only theroy exam) for the S/O cadet pilot program? i heard people appearing for the FAA ATP test in Dxb at the Emirates -CAE training academy & getting selected for the cadet pilot program...please clarify..

cool_pilot
12th Feb 2008, 12:21
I ve applied in 06/DEC/O7 but no replies yet .......

indonep
12th Feb 2008, 14:42
does Qr accept FAA frozen ATP for the S/O cadet pilot selection? I heard of people appearing for the FAA ATP test at the Emirates -CAE training academy in Dxb & then getting selected at Qr? someone please clarify.

TZZ
12th Feb 2008, 21:01
why dont you call qatar airways HR and ask them.

indonep
13th Feb 2008, 06:06
what an idea! please gimme the HR phone number if u have it! thanks

cadet_hani
13th Feb 2008, 22:07
Tzz Can you please gimme the email id of Hr qatar airways or his phone number?

Thanks

TZZ
13th Feb 2008, 23:59
i think their email is [email protected]

garry_paul18
14th Feb 2008, 00:59
hi guys. I came in as a S/O to QR. You can read my earlier post for details. I asked the management and they told me that FAA ATP(written) is NOT accepted. It has to be either ICAO or JAA frozen. My cousin wants to apply since he is flying in the states at the moment and hence i found out. But if HR give you a different answer, let me know coz then i can go to GMFO and ask him directly.

cadet_hani
14th Feb 2008, 18:18
isnt it true dat Faa ATP counts as a ICAO ATP? can ne1 confirm dat ?

cadet_hani
14th Feb 2008, 18:21
garry do you knw the procedure to convert FAA written to ICAO and from where it will b done ?

garry_paul18
15th Feb 2008, 17:17
as far as i know, to conver the FAA ATP to an ICAO one, you need to do a couple of written papers. And since we all know that the FAA isnt of the highest standard, it is going to be tough. I did the ICAO ATP which was suposed to take 8 weeks in about 15 since there was so much of catching up to do after doing a FAA CPL. its not going to be easy but if you work ur butt off, you might be able to do it in about 8-10 weeks. But i am not too sure if FAA ATP is counted as an ICAO one.

Anonymus6
15th Feb 2008, 22:39
There is nothing called an ICAO license. ICAO is an organisation which most of the countries are member of. To make it easy on you guys for example, if an invidual hold a Indian ATP license, his country is a member of ICAO, so his/her license will count toward ICAO, but there are countries out there that is not a member of ICAO such as Trinidad Tobago (maybe they are with ICAO now),so in this case if a pilot hold an ATP license from Trinida CAA, he or she will not be consider ICAO/ATP because his country is not a member or does not meet the standards. And yes FAA ATP is an ICAO license. Several counties have a scheme called frozen ATP with mean you take your ATP theoretical exam and fly certain amount of hours and after you achive the flight time your license will become a ATPL.

Many people think that FAA license is weak, but don't forgett that most of the pilots that fly for Qatar, Cathay, Emirates, king fisher are FAA ATP holders.

Good luck

masalama
16th Feb 2008, 00:56
yes you are right in stating that the FAA license is an ICAO approved license , but the difference in theorotical knowledge required to pass the FAA ATP written and a JAA or Indian/aussie etc etc written is enormous.If you ask an average FAA ATP holder the formulae to calculate convergence or gyroscopic topple , he/she would give you a what the #$%^ look....

As far as flying skills are concerned , there's nothing much to seperate FAA /CAA/JAA flyers although you might find the odd , "we r the best flyer types" ......yes FAA licensed flyers are everywhere and they're as good as pilots licensed elsewhere.....
masalama

indonep
16th Feb 2008, 16:20
Thank you for that clarification. Is it true that S/Os at QR are recruited them made to convert to JAA FATPL as they get type rated?

Glidepath2
17th Feb 2008, 22:57
Can someone tell me what is the requirement to apply for Qatari S/o Job Please.

all119
17th Feb 2008, 23:16
Frozen ATPL
1)CPL
2)IR
3)ATPL ground school (icao appoved or jaa approved)
4)Medical class 1
5)you

and if you have few thouseand hours it would help but they do take low hour pilos.

I hope it helps.

best of luck

tidkar
18th Feb 2008, 20:40
guess the most important is looooooooooot of luuuuuuuuuuuuuuck :ugh:no matter of hours

jawad
19th Feb 2008, 18:52
hi i have also applied for the position os S/O at QR. Does any body know when will they call for the interview and need more info what will they ask

thank you

garry_paul18
19th Feb 2008, 22:23
Sorry for the confusion ppl... i am just telling u guys what the management told me. They said that a frozen JAA or ICAO ATP is required and that frozen FAA ATP is not accepted. I shall clarify and let you know about this ASAP.

TZZ
19th Feb 2008, 23:11
cheers bro any idea if they have contacted people who applied for second officer couple of months ago.

jawad
20th Feb 2008, 05:47
yes they have contacted me ....can any one tell me what will happen next ?

any guy on this threat been interviewed?

indonep
20th Feb 2008, 07:35
congrats on getting a call for the S/O interview. what did you have - the FAA ATP or the JAA ATPL? also frozen or unfrozen. will appreciate your response.

Thank you

OMDB30R
20th Feb 2008, 09:08
I got the email this morning inviting me for assess in London in March.

TZZ
20th Feb 2008, 09:33
i am still waiting so shall i keep a hope to be invited

tidkar
20th Feb 2008, 10:01
shame,i am sure that i ll not be invited:ugh:, no need to hope........:sad:,woman have less chance than man............:bored:,oh god help me............

TZZ
20th Feb 2008, 11:53
Hikmah fingers crossed mate lets hope to get invited.

the_eagle
20th Feb 2008, 16:05
hi everybody, I got the email from Qatar this morning.I m A320 type rated with no hrs on type.Anybody know which kind of selection will be?or what Qatar is looking for?

Thanks

OMDB30R
20th Feb 2008, 16:47
If sucessful after interview etc... it will be another lengthy wait for your start date, which could take up to 9 months.

jawad
20th Feb 2008, 18:25
hello guys i got an application saying to fill emplyment form with cc of passport what is their next procedure and what do they ask in the interview

Jawad

AirNout
20th Feb 2008, 18:58
Received an e-mail today for the pre-assesment, anybody has some info about what I can expect??

jalways
20th Feb 2008, 19:39
Hello mates,

They invited me for the assessment on march 10, I own a Jar license with some experience on Kingair. I really don't know their financial requirements, shall we pay for type rating if we pass the selection?
In the evening of this day I have a session at CAE simulator in Ams do you think that this assessment will deserve a quick round trip to London? And if yes...Do you know at which hour this meeting ends?

DN

AirNout
21st Feb 2008, 07:55
@ Jalways: Do you have the simsession for Qatar or another company? I got the assesment on the 8th of March and already have an A320 TQ

OMDB30R
21st Feb 2008, 09:13
Hikmah

I am 320 Rated and my interview is early March, but I might drop out of it, as I have been offered a job by a major airline in Europe.

Can I wish everyone who is attending, the best of luck.

Riky86
21st Feb 2008, 10:13
hi everybody, i am new of this forum.
I'd like to inform that Qatar also called me yesterday for the 2nd officer assessment in London in March...

Does Anyone knows at which hours the assessment finish?
And, Which kind of question they will ask me?
:)

Thanks

AirNout
21st Feb 2008, 11:20
@ Riky86: The assesment takes places from 0900 until around 1300!, Don't know what they are gonna ask you.

TZZ
21st Feb 2008, 11:29
has anyone been invited for assesments in Doha other than the one which is in london

the_eagle
21st Feb 2008, 16:25
with the A320 TR alredy in my pocket what can i do in the selection if it s x cadet pilot(they will pay the tr)?Should I go to the selection anyway?

jawad
21st Feb 2008, 18:19
hello guys please let me know whar is QR next step after filling the employment form and what do they ask in the interview...

jawad

cool_pilot
21st Feb 2008, 20:35
I think this means that QATAR now did actually select the pilots for their cadet training. Its really sad because I did always wanted to fly with them since I was doin my initial pilot training.

Oh well, looks I still need to wait for another chance with them !! All the very best of luck 2 Qatar selected cadets.

Rgds,

Cool_pilot

sumit_chhillar
22nd Feb 2008, 09:00
hey guys actalyy i m doing cpl from australia almost on ppl stage.is there ny cadet pilots progmm is going on ...plz help me out ...i shall be thnkful for this

jalways
22nd Feb 2008, 17:39
2 selected cadets???
They really select only 2 cadets?

DN

cadet_hani
22nd Feb 2008, 19:24
hahahaha no jalways he means *bst of luck to qatar selected pilots*

jalways
22nd Feb 2008, 20:08
disregard

Thks

DN

Riky86
23rd Feb 2008, 00:09
anyone knows if the QR cadet selction in london, is just a simple personal interview or some psico-test?

thanks

jawad
23rd Feb 2008, 15:03
does any one know about the interview please direct me...help me out what does QR asks in the interview

thanks
jawad

TZZ
23rd Feb 2008, 19:17
hi Jawad have u been invited for the assesments in doha or london.

cheers

cadet_hani
23rd Feb 2008, 22:19
Hi jawad from where did you completed your CPL/IR? I doing it from schon air karachi i have only 25 hrs remaining for my IR.

Thnx

kar200
25th Feb 2008, 05:47
Hi guys and well done for the guys who scored an interview
I have applied myself as well but I have not heard anything back so I have a couple of questions:

Did anyone get a call for an interview in Doha ? As I noticed that the people in here talked about London and generally there is one in London and one in Doha.

The other question is for people who applied and live in Europe...did anyone get an email that they have been unsuccessful?

Thanks everyone

jawad
25th Feb 2008, 15:34
hello guys what r the updates any does nay one know what do they ask.... in interview....

SwissPC
26th Feb 2008, 01:38
I'd be interested in the above question as well

Does anyone know the length of time before hearing the outcome once interviews are complete?

Cheers

flying_girl
27th Feb 2008, 10:39
hi,
have been invited to the 'pre-eployment assessment' .............
wat does this involve?!?
interview?
or interview, phsy tests, a/c knowledge?!?!?
HELP!!
thanks
x

TZZ
27th Feb 2008, 10:46
is it in qatar or london.

cheers

flying_girl
27th Feb 2008, 10:49
its in a few weeks time in london!
x

jawad
27th Feb 2008, 14:07
hi i also have been invited please help what do they ask in interview ......

thanks

a-b212
27th Feb 2008, 20:55
hi guys i had my interview in novembre and it was composed of 3 parts first of course the introduction of the compagny after that u will have a psycologie test i think 20 questions after that a general aviation test then u take a break followed by a one to one interview an that's it for the day. good luck and all the best:ok:

jawad
29th Feb 2008, 19:05
can u please throught light on psycology test and what kind of general theory questions where there please help me thank you

jawad

msian1147
2nd Mar 2008, 15:51
hey i got a Q here...is Malaysian ATPL recognized by QR??it's also an ICAO license btw..

born to suffer
3rd Mar 2008, 11:01
Hi everyone
I have got many massages asked me to share my interview experience
I will try to be helpful as much as I can

The interview started at 8 o’clock and it started with Arthur giving a presentation about
Qatar Airways and the package u will have
Then an exam consist of 15 multiple choice questions the exam length is 45 minutes
I don’t remember all the questions but here is some of them

1- what is the GBS?
2- Calculate the pressure altitude
3- Convert from C to F
4- The tower control give u a red flare , what does that mean?
5- What is the temperature inversion?
6- What is the hijack code?
7- Tow questions about the runway length and the designated area for landing (( I don’t remember the questions ))
8- Writhe at least 200 words describing what makes you a good airline pilot

Well sorry guys this is what I remembered maybe some of the other people who interviewed can help

And then one to one interview the only questing I have been asked was talk about ur self for four minutes
And that is it

But as I heard they came up with new system so be careful and study well

Hope you the best guys

OMDB-PiLoT
3rd Mar 2008, 22:31
Do you mean GPS in the first question? If not, then what is GBS? Ground-based something??

jawad
4th Mar 2008, 06:18
yea...what is GBS ? .......and does any one else know more thanks for the previous reply regarding the interview

J.Mirza

Omania335
4th Mar 2008, 10:58
Hola

Any One Invited On 20th Mar in doha , Any one from Oman ???

PM PLZ

cirrus81
4th Mar 2008, 13:16
I have been invited on 19th march in doha..who else is goin on 19th? and i did interview in 2005 as well and born to suffer is rite bout the questions they asked. it was pretty straight forward..wonder what was the criteria of selection then..neway better luck to all of us this time around.

cool_pilot
4th Mar 2008, 14:26
hey all,

*) Is anyone attending Qatar's Cadet Pilot Assessment on the 18th ?

*) Can anyone be kind enough to remind me of their working conditions including allowance, accommodation, etc...... I did actually save it on my computer but I have sadly lost all the data stored on it.:{

cheers,

Cool_pilot

born to suffer
4th Mar 2008, 17:00
yes i meant GPS
sorry :oh:

OMDB-PiLoT
4th Mar 2008, 21:49
Can anyone here be kind enough to guide me on where to send the cadet application? I am lost in their website and cant get any proper link or email address to send my application.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Born_to_suffer - I guess the arabic accent is getting you lol :p

all119
5th Mar 2008, 09:59
guys who are having it on the 18th marh please pm me

maxer
5th Mar 2008, 20:41
I am also going to Doha on the 18. march.

I dont understand why they did not send me to London, because I live in Denmark!

have 400 hours on sepl and mepl, no rating or any commerical axperience.

Any updates on the A/C questions they will ask? Just so you have guideline on what subjects to concentrate on for reading up

Best regards

Flemming Sorensen

mika-uk
6th Mar 2008, 12:37
Hello to everyone,

I've been invited for the 19th march for the interview in doha!!!
But the question is:Is it worth it to go???
First,I've seen in the previous posts that 27collegues did the interview on last November,so before that qatar airways made the annoucement on december,why???
Second,from the 27pilots,I heard that only 5were shortlisted,it is a very low success pourcentage!!!
Third,some guys did the interview in 2005 and 2007,and they didn't even get an answer,so???

I'll think twice before I go!!!!
I wish you all the best and everyone to be taken!

all119
6th Mar 2008, 19:46
Spending thousands of pounds or USD for flight training was it a lot
Why not spend 300 pounds to attend interview to give it a try
If you are selected you will get your money back in no time.
Think how much you are going to spend and how much you will get back.
I think every one has to give it a go.

All the best for all of you guys

tidkar
6th Mar 2008, 20:06
oh we say in arabic "soubhana allah" that's mean great god....,it's imbeleivible......we r waiting 4ages just to ve a chance to be interviewed by QR :sad::sad:.....and some of u r asking if it's worth to go there....:ugh::ugh:can u give me ur chance men :*

Mehdi757
7th Mar 2008, 18:06
Hello to all you chaps and chapess'

i am writing to ask that if anyone had their interview for the airline selection at the reneissance hotel today, could you please share your experiences with all of us......

cheers to those who reply! :ok:

G'day

Full hope
7th Mar 2008, 18:07
Do you happen to know t&c's for a s/o position with QR? Thanks for your comments.

mika-uk
8th Mar 2008, 14:33
For guys who had the interview in london,would you please help with some questions???

all119
10th Mar 2008, 09:21
any news ?

jordana320
10th Mar 2008, 09:57
Hey guys....

Just to confirm. are u guys flying out to Doha and staying there on your own expense....? .....I Believe that normally when they interview.... they fly them out to doha and book them at a hotel....? Doha is very expensive.....!!!!

all119
10th Mar 2008, 15:29
We would also like to inform you that all expenses and arrangements i.e Hotel Accommodation & Travel towards the assessment would be borne / made by you

Reading the above statement and answering you'r question its yes.:uhoh:

jordana320
11th Mar 2008, 14:00
Guys.. who had their interviews in London...

how did ur interview go.... what was the selection process day like...?

1)Technical Quesitons...?

2) psychometric...?

3) inteview questions face to face...?

4) Questions about the company...?

Your help would be appreciated for us guys going to DOHA next week...

mika-uk
11th Mar 2008, 21:37
yes guys,please help with some info about the interview,thanks!!!!!

speedsalive
12th Mar 2008, 10:39
I am up for the interview on 20th.. Has anyone yet got the visa? Please PM me whoevers going for this .

Also appreciate if anyone could provide us on wot type of question they ask, Tech, phsyco and on company side

cheers

speedsalive
15th Mar 2008, 04:57
guys anything??? all help would b much appreciated.

cheers

bmm779
15th Mar 2008, 14:37
........... :ugh:

all119
15th Mar 2008, 21:49
I Gus the guys who did the assessment in London don’t want go us information about there assessment because they are scared the we are going to take there jobs.
Just to let you know Qatar airways will prefer GCC nationals first and then Arabia fallowed by other nationalities and it also depends on what licence you hold.
Secondly we are not competing with each other who is good technically and having good personality will get a job.
So guys please send us information.
I will do my interview on the 18th inshallah so the guys who are doing there assessment later that is 19th and 20th pm me with your email adress I will send you information about the assessment.
I want all of you to get selected and get a job

Best of luck for all

I hope your dream will come true

jklm05
18th Mar 2008, 19:52
hello ALL 119.

i sent you an email and PM also. I hope you got it. I also hope u had your interview today and it went well. Pls advise me on how it was and all other detials pls. Mine is day after tomorrown, on thursday 20th march.

will appreciate all the help. thanks so much

cirrus81
22nd Mar 2008, 06:03
Well then interviews are over??? whats the update anyone?

speedsalive
22nd Mar 2008, 18:13
any one?? when r u expecting an answer?

newagebird
23rd Mar 2008, 18:02
Very relaxed interview process..didnt take more than two hours to complete the technical exam, psyche test and the panel interview..they basically try to evaluate you the whole time..see how u speak to them, ur psyche profile and tech knowledge..very basic in all departments but i think thats what they need..the basics...all were told to wait 6 weeks for a reply.

good luck to everyone who tried
newagebird

speedsalive
23rd Mar 2008, 18:16
hardest part of the interview...waiting out the 6 weeks :ugh:

newagebird
24th Mar 2008, 11:28
tell me about it...38 days by my clock..hopefully ill get a pleasant/unpleasant surprise a few days earlier

speedsalive
24th Mar 2008, 14:21
i bet they already have a list of guys who r selected... wonder y such a long time to get an answer??

cirrus81
24th Mar 2008, 14:55
sum1 with inside info prolly can help out?

newagebird
27th Mar 2008, 08:59
Close to 25 on the 20th march in doha...i cant believe their testing is quite relaxed for a cadet scheme..i suppose they trust low time pilots a lot. Qantas has some very stringent tests to pass but these guys werent so bad. 35 days to go.

newagebird

speedsalive
27th Mar 2008, 15:29
wonder y 6 weeks? wot r they gona do in 6 weeks?

speedsalive
30th Mar 2008, 14:04
anynews?........

TZZ
7th Apr 2008, 12:42
so 3 weeks has gone, 3 more weeks to go.

Good luck to everyone waiting;)

speedsalive
7th Apr 2008, 14:25
yeap... 3 more to go..

i read hear on pprune that they did not contact anyone from the 2005 batch..... i m just worried that they might do the same this time this time.

Also i keep wondering if they d keep up to the deadline of the coming 3 weeks..

all da best to all who attended

jklm05
8th Apr 2008, 05:02
Hey everyone! So the waiting continues?

has anyone heard anything from Qr? any feedback or talked to anyone in the HR dept there?

keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best! good luck all!

msian1147
9th Apr 2008, 05:24
heard u guys might go directly for the A330..good luck boys!!

jklm05
9th Apr 2008, 07:20
thats great news! but whats most important is when theyll get back to us...??

also can anyone sumhow try to find out how many they need and will be selected...and how many had appeared for the interview?

newagebird
9th Apr 2008, 12:40
has everyone done the english test they needed? i think its called the l6Pd test or something like that? anyone know if theres any logbook stamp as well regarding that stamp or is it just the usual form that says you passed it?

gud luck
21 days to go

speedsalive
9th Apr 2008, 16:15
talk to your licence issuing authority.. theyd give u the right info on that, after all it will have to b stamped by them in your Licence..

cheers (couting 3 weeks)

speedsalive
9th Apr 2008, 16:18
your licence issuing authority will have agency(s) who conduct this test which are approved by them. Find out who they are and contact them. If you get the test done by somone who is not approved by ur authority..u may never get it stamped on ur licence.

cheers

all119
9th Apr 2008, 23:41
Spot on Speedsalive

According to the licence you hold there will be certain restriction where you can do the English proficiency test.
I have a UK JAA CAA licence I called the UK CAA 3 weeks pack they told me that they will send me level 4 English Proficiency without appearing for the test and they told me its valid for 3 years. I just got it two days back.
What I am trying to say is call the CAA or FAA of which licence you hold before doing any sort of test because it could be that its not valid for the licence you hold and you will not get the addition of the rating to the your licence.
And some time they can give you the English Proficiency without appearing for test.
Like me and others.

Any way boys and girls best of luck for the next few weeks or days
Cheers

msian1147
10th Apr 2008, 08:22
Level 4 - valid for 3 years

Level 5 - valid for 6 years

Level 6 - no renewals!!

so it's better to aim for level 6...

speedsalive
10th Apr 2008, 17:19
any idea when they gona call us or even if they cheked our CVs after the interview??? anyone??

cheers

msian1147
11th Apr 2008, 10:36
God knows...but they're dying for pilots....that's one thing for sure...

speedsalive
11th Apr 2008, 20:25
refer to the thread "upgrade at QR"

jklm05
12th Apr 2008, 05:56
Hikmah, thanx for sharing wht u know. But wht i feel is that it cant be accuarate.

My way of seeing a hiring process is that if they have to select 10 candidates, they would rather just call 20 for the interview and select 10 of them. WHy would they even bother going to LOndon for interviews and then asking so mnay others to spend so much and come all the way to DOha if they just wanna take 10 out of the 70 odd people. I mean its not like they have so much time anyway, theyre very busy at QR and so it doesnt make sense if they spend so much of their time interviewing all of us.. and then just take 10.

Either take 10, but then interview only 20. Or if ur interviewing 70 then take atleast around 50. Put them in a pool and just keep pulling them out of the pool as the need arises. Fine there may be a waiting period of 12months or more like 18 months..but atleast ur assured of a job with QR in the holding pool.

It doesnt make sense at all to just hire 10 rite now and then to hire more guys again in a yr or so and go over the process of interviews all over again with a fresh batch of guys.

I mean with the amount of orders theyve placed for aircrafts wht Mr. Arthur was telling us...and the fact that theyre doubling their fleet in the next 3-5 yrs, shows that they will need manyyy pilots including second officers..and they will have to put out another add in a year's time if they dont hire close to 50 of us and put us in a pool.

Anyway, not long to wait now.. this is just my thinking dont know if u guys agree. And the men who matter most.. as in the ppl at QR might think differently. SO lets just wait and see and hope for the best.

Good Luck all!

speedsalive
12th Apr 2008, 19:25
Hikmah..

Thank you for the info..

cheers

jklm05
13th Apr 2008, 06:48
SO guys, will this week be the one? its the fourth week in running? Maybe we can expect sumthin at the end of this one.. this wait is so killing :P

I hope we hear sumthin soon.. and that too good positive news! Hang tight and good luck!

speedsalive
13th Apr 2008, 08:31
am counting by the hour now.... one day is like one whole year to me...

cheers

newagebird
13th Apr 2008, 12:53
as jack sparrow once said

u need to get yourself a girl mate...i feel your pain..2 more weeks to go

cheers

speedsalive
13th Apr 2008, 14:28
girls...bah!!! need to find maself a flybywire gal bro.. hehe ... any new intel ppl????

jklm05
14th Apr 2008, 15:42
any news guys?

Omania335
14th Apr 2008, 17:51
No News = Good news :ok:

jklm05
17th Apr 2008, 08:42
SO guys if we dont hear anything by day end today, then rest assured.. its gonna be a wait of another 3 days.. coz weekend starts in Doha today...

SO nothing before Sunday then..or early next week. Lets keep hoping, praying and waiting!!! :D

good luck everone!

all119
18th Apr 2008, 23:41
2 weeks to go :ugh:
if you are in :D good luck
if not :* move on.

jklm05
19th Apr 2008, 19:48
I dont think so buddy! beg to differ..

i think we all will be hearing sumthin with 2 days.. 3 max.

Im thinking maybe even today... that is Sunday..keep the fingers crossed!

newagebird
19th Apr 2008, 21:35
he may be right..my spys within tell me there was a very long meeting last week ;)..wasnt able to find out the outcome or any other info

newagebird

speedsalive
20th Apr 2008, 06:05
wonder if they r gona give priority to those who are already employed or those who r fresh from school?? Lets hope we get an answer today or tomorow

newagebird
20th Apr 2008, 06:30
I suppose both the fresh pilot school leavers and the guys working doesnt make much difference in terms of both groups being in touch with their skills although the working pilots have the added experience and have been using their skills. Id pick the workers but i dont think there were that many from the people i talked to at the interview.

newagebird

jklm05
20th Apr 2008, 06:35
I wonder nationality theyre gonna give more priority to...the thing is.. we're not sure what exactly they were looking for on our resumes..

So we wont be able to feel comfortable either way till we hear from QR directly..

speedsalive
20th Apr 2008, 07:42
how sure r ya guys that they r gona call us with in this week??? any other intel??

newagebird
20th Apr 2008, 10:25
having lived in dubai for so long..im sure the GCC nationals would get preference because theyre more in touch with the region and would fit in well the most...or just because theyre GCC nationals..whichever way you wanna think about it. Who knows though..that interview was very general and gave few clues as to what they are looking for.

the most common question would have to be, 'what are you doing with yourself now?' so i guess theyre looking for seasoned pilots. Would also be interesting to know what you guys wrote for that question that asked what makes a good pilot in your opinion?

speedsalive
20th Apr 2008, 12:49
today is not the day i guess !!!!!!!!

jklm05
20th Apr 2008, 13:41
Just found out... that we should hear from QR by the end of this week at the latest.

SO guys the final countdown has begun.. it cud be tomorrow, Tuesday, Wedneday or thursday! Keep checking your emails, pray and hope for the best!

speedsalive
20th Apr 2008, 15:44
inshaAllah .. all the best to every one... keep hitting that refresh button while keeping your inbox open... thanx jklm

pilot4ever
20th Apr 2008, 21:10
hi hope that we get the responce within these days hope all the best to everyone.

speedsalive
21st Apr 2008, 09:13
2 down.. 3 days to go... anything ???

jklm05
21st Apr 2008, 12:46
Nope ... still nothing..

SO yup since we are supposed to hear back no later than thursday this week... the countdown is accurate.

2 Down.. 3 to go! will tomorrow be the day for all of us.. keep hoping and praying.. inshaAllah we will hear sumthin soon and good news! the best is yet to come! :)

newagebird
23rd Apr 2008, 04:31
jus so that the thread stays on the 1st page of the forum...3 down..two to go. the horror... the horror

speedsalive
23rd Apr 2008, 04:45
lets juz say one more to go.... excluding today..

I juz have this gut feeling that the waiting will extend to next week as well.. :confused:

newagebird
23rd Apr 2008, 05:39
yeh me too...this is still week 5. they like keeping to their times

jklm05
23rd Apr 2008, 07:24
well u guys cud be rite... but my gut feeling is... if not by day end today, then tom inshaAllah we shalll hear sumthin.

Thats wht i was told and am conveying to u all.. rest only QR and its people know! keep praying for urself and the others.

And yeh, if anyone recieves the email, as in any news.. pls post it here and share it wid us. That way we'll know that theyre started putting and sending out the results. thanks guys!

AirNout
23rd Apr 2008, 07:47
Guys,

It is so easy, just make a phone call to the number you have received in the e-mail when you were invited to come to London or Doha for the selection and they will tell you that they have the meeting today and hopefully will let everybody know this week how or what, but the lady told me probably next week!

Easy as that;)

speedsalive
23rd Apr 2008, 08:18
yeap .. probably next week, even though if they have finalized the list of selected candidates, theyd have to prepare the contracts and other necessities before they get back to us... I think we will b given one month notice..."IF SELECTED"

AirNout.. do u mean to say that u called? and the lady said meeting is today ?? and we will hear from them probably by next week??

AirNout
23rd Apr 2008, 08:28
@ Speedsalive: Jep thats correcto :ok:

speedsalive
23rd Apr 2008, 08:34
i c... so the final meeting is today people. The outcome of this meeting will tell us wheather we r in or out.. and i d say we will hear from them mid next week

speedsalive
23rd Apr 2008, 08:50
AirNout check ur PM

Mehdi757
23rd Apr 2008, 14:10
hello chaps/chapess'

i spoke to the HR department today, and was informed that i should hear from them in another two weeks!! i sincerly hope thats not the case, as were are all itching to find out about the outcome. Anyways....good luck everyone!!

:)

speedsalive
23rd Apr 2008, 22:06
anothr 2 weeks??? u gotta b kidding me!!!!!!!!

guys ..anything?

jklm05
24th Apr 2008, 14:54
nope.. still nothing. ALso heard that it will be maybe next week.. or cud be 2 ..

not sure when..so keep hoping and praying.

speedsalive
24th Apr 2008, 18:47
jklm05 ... u also heard it could b 2 weeks?????

MMS
25th Apr 2008, 09:10
what kind of terms and conditions do cadet pilots get with Qatar? and how long are they bonded for?

PilotVD
25th Apr 2008, 10:10
Second Officer (Cadet Pilot)-FLI0002F
Description
Strive for Excellence with One of the World’s Fastest Growing Airlines! As the Middle East’s only 5-star airline and one of the world’s fastest growing carriers, Qatar Airways is dedicated to excellence and continuous improvement. We advocate cultural diversity, dynamism and career development! Be part of Qatar Airways and experience a high-flying career in our airline with a modern fleet of A300-600, A319/A320/A321, A330, A340 & B777 aircraft.

We are looking Cadet Pilots / Second Officers and invite qualified candidates to become a part of the growing team at Qatar Airways :

Candidates must meet the minimum requirements as stated below :

· Valid ICAO Commercial Pilot’s License with Instrument Rating.
· Frozen ATPL from a recognized flying school (Written Theory examination).
· Below 28 years of age.
· Proficiency in both written and spoken English is essential

Successful candidates will be provided training for a type rating on one of the Company’s fleets and be required to sign a training bond that will require them to serve Qatar Airways from joining until 5 years after their date of appointment as First Officer.

In addition, the successful candidate will be required to repay a part of his training cost at the rate of QAR 1,800 (approx USD 494) a month for 5 years from his appointment as First Officer. Successful applicants will be paid a salary of QAR 9000 (approx USD 2465) as a Cadet Pilot / Second Officer and be provided with Company housing, on a shared basis, or an allowance of QAR 6,000 per month in lieu of housing.

A First Officer in Qatar Airways will earn an all inclusive average monthly remuneration package of approximately QAR 36,100 (approx USD 9900) inclusive of housing and other allowances. Other benefits include meal allowances, school fee subsidy for children and Loss of License/Medical/Group Life Insurances. All remuneration is currently tax-free.

MMS
25th Apr 2008, 10:48
:ok: PilotVD,

Cheers for the information!

MMS

MBA747
26th Apr 2008, 05:36
So what advert are you talking about? where was it posted?

speedsalive
27th Apr 2008, 07:48
people?? end of last week when i called, the lady said this week...
JKLM05 were you told it could b two weeks???? or sombody outta call aurther???!!!!

jklm05
28th Apr 2008, 08:01
I found out from HR. Said probably this week only.. as soon as they recieve the results as they r still with upper management.

I just said 2 weeks by myself.. that it cud take that long if file is not recieved by HR this week. BUt keep hoping, praying to Allah.

InshaAllah everything will be good. FIngers crossed! :ok:

speedsalive
28th Apr 2008, 09:43
awrite lets see... i stil think it could extend to nest week. Any idea how many people they are looking for??

newagebird
28th Apr 2008, 11:53
well then 78 hours left.

TZZ
28th Apr 2008, 11:58
tommorow 6 weeks is finished.

PilotVD
28th Apr 2008, 12:40
last day interview for Second Officer in Doha was on the 20th March 08, so if u count 6 weeks from that date, the deadline would be the 1st May, meaning this coming Thursday. I'm speculating that we would be hearing from them as from next week, well that's only my guess.

all the best to each n everyone of u who attended the interview.
cheers
VD

roll_over
28th Apr 2008, 21:15
How come the OAT employment figures do not show any pilots have gone to Qatar? I will be applying this for sure when I am done with uni and OAT.

Getting a first job in the middle east seems like a great way to get yourself on the property ladder back home, save up for a deposit then get someone to pay your mortgage by renting since you don't need the house.

speedsalive
28th Apr 2008, 22:39
peope!!!.... any idea how many they r looking for???

all119
29th Apr 2008, 00:33
I think they are going to take 40 cadets now and the rest later

speedsalive
29th Apr 2008, 04:28
wow!!! thats a lot ....goodluck all

jklm05
29th Apr 2008, 06:42
all119.. how sure r u abt the info u provided? as in abt taking 40 cadets rite now and the rest later?

Have u found out from QR or a reliable source... or r u just guessing and shooting arrows in the dark?

newagebird
29th Apr 2008, 08:29
well it doesnt really matter how many people they take, it still comes down to whether or not they pick ur name out of the hat. have faith in god and remember everything happens for the best, the waits almost over and we all tried our best.
If i were to make a wild stab in the dark thou, 40 would be my pick given the number interviewed. 52 hrs to go.

newagebird

jklm05
29th Apr 2008, 11:33
So..49 hrs to go!

speedsalive
29th Apr 2008, 11:49
hangtight people.... thursday will b the day.

Michelle69
29th Apr 2008, 12:34
Results are out!
Check your inboxes people!
Who is in and who is out?

TZZ
29th Apr 2008, 12:34
finally after 6 weeks of waiting results are out and no news= bad news. so anyone who got in or out please post something and good luck guys for ur future careers

speedsalive
29th Apr 2008, 12:40
lier.... its not out, i juz called

TZZ
29th Apr 2008, 12:57
why should i lie.

Michelle69
29th Apr 2008, 12:58
yes it is my friend.
Believe me.
We just got a rejection letter
Any minute now, you should get your result

pilot4ever
29th Apr 2008, 13:01
yes mischell69 i saying the truth guys good luck to every one

Michelle69
29th Apr 2008, 13:04
And may i just say
It is pretty sad, not for me, but my partner of bahrain nationality, who studied intensively in new zealand and has his frozen atpls, young enough to do it all, but old enough to do it right, didnt get in
The shame of it....
Who got in?

PilotVD
29th Apr 2008, 13:09
Just got a rejection letter too!!
tough life hey!!
Good luck guys.

speedsalive
29th Apr 2008, 13:27
still havnt got any letter

How come the lady said the results will b out by end of the week???people dont b ashamed... Just move on..build ur hours and later on the airlines will run after u

cheers

Michelle69
29th Apr 2008, 13:54
Hey speedsalive
maybe your one of the lucky ones...

jklm05
30th Apr 2008, 07:41
got a rejection letter yesterday also...

this is sad. Havent heard from anyone as yet that they got selected...dd anyone even get in?? or was this all a joke? :P

did anyone get in??? hellllooooo!!! any idea how many were slected? and wht was the defining criteria bw those in and those who didnt make it? no reasons were given...

turbineski
30th Apr 2008, 12:07
Just received a rejection letter this morning as well --

Was definitely a good experience and best of luck to those that remain.

Cheers

newagebird
30th Apr 2008, 13:26
dont worry about why we didnt get selected guys, better to move on from something like this than to keep asking questions.put your head down and get through all the hardship.
Instructings always a good way to build up hours or some charter job flying people around.

newagebird

jalways
30th Apr 2008, 20:42
Hello mates, still no answer for me...
Whish you all luck.

thedon
1st May 2008, 14:17
i ve been rejected as well

speedsalive
1st May 2008, 14:34
wonder wots going on???!!!!

zonnair
1st May 2008, 15:48
No answer for me yet
Called them too. He told me to expect something around the 5th.

We'll see.

Good luck to all.

MMS
2nd May 2008, 20:14
Lets hope this week brings us some good news. Tomorrow is the first day of the week in doha, and i hope its the last week of waiting for the result of those that are left in the pool.

speedsalive
3rd May 2008, 05:59
i thought the week starts from sunday till thursday. Friday and Satday r weekend for them

qatari001
3rd May 2008, 11:23
The funny thing is, people who were accepted will not be bothered to post anything. I can see only posts from people who were rejected. anyway, good luck to everyone!
By the way, I heard 10 people are joining as SOs on the A300, from next month. there s already more than 10 SOs as well on the A330 fleet, who already joined.
All the best guys.

TZZ
3rd May 2008, 11:38
the people accepted r indians and captain sons.

MMS
3rd May 2008, 11:59
speedalive: your probably right!

qatari001: your not necessarily correct, i am still waiting for a reply, and if it works out to be in my favour then i will keep everyone updated in the hope that it may help them in the near future or may help new applicants when qatar does its next round of S/O recruitment.

TZZ: my friend who was accepted in the last round was neither an indian nor was he a captains son!

MMS
4th May 2008, 10:59
its the start of the new week in doha.....anyone heard anything? its going to be 2 months since i had my interview on this friday.

speedsalive
5th May 2008, 07:09
its 5th and nothing so far??? guys .. any news?

speedsalive
6th May 2008, 18:27
people ...anynews from those who havnt heard yet?

msian1147
7th May 2008, 07:53
it's Middle East....where ALMOST everything is slow!even ur payday

MMS
7th May 2008, 11:06
hey msian1147,

do u work for qatar airways? if you do then do you have any info or updates with regards to the S/O selection?

mms

msian1147
7th May 2008, 12:28
haha not at all...but i will...still studying mate...but i got a few relatives working 4 Qatar Airways...my uncle, who's a pilot, told me they're taking more pilots these days as their fleets are expanding n the increased numbers of pilots resigned due to bad living condition....currently, i would say they're putting new SOs directly for the A330...depending on ur performance during the interview...i dont think they're gonna send u guys for the A300 cuz they're phasing 'em out by Mid- or end of 2008....

qatari001
7th May 2008, 14:17
msian1147, A300 passenger fleet is already phased out except 1 aircraft which is still doing some flights untill the end of the year. There are 3 A300 cargo version that belongs to company and those ones will stay and no plan to phase out. I m telling you this because I fly for qr, and I heard 10 SOs are joining the A300 fleet from next month. I guess the concerned people have already received the letters but I believe no one will say anything on pprune...
good luck to everyone...

speedsalive
7th May 2008, 14:18
isn't there anyone who could giv us some info on wot hapening?? and wots causing the delay???

MMS
7th May 2008, 14:26
msian1147

thanks for all the info, it was good to read.

im still waiting to hear something from them. maybe they have forgotten about me and speedsalive!!

mms

speedsalive
7th May 2008, 14:46
m with u on that one MMS

MMS check ur pm plz