View Full Version : www.ukimc.org Please support the campaign

Fuji Abound
27th Dec 2007, 22:19
As part of the ongoing campaign to preserve the IMC rating please visit this web site:

www.ukimc.org

The site is in its early stages.

In due course the information will be expanded.

More importantly, the site will provide the information we all need to enable us to write to those who will be able to embody the IMC rating in EASA FCL.

Please register using the “register” tab on the front page. We can keep in touch by email as matters develop.

Please take a second to print the “Flyer”. It is only a single A4 page. It is therefore simple to stuff in your flight bag to pin on your club or flight briefing office notice board, give to your instructor or fellow aircraft group members.

If you have not done so, please don’t forget to sign the petition. There is a link on the web site.

I cannot over state the importance of us all working together on such a vital initiative for GA.

I believe it really matters to us all.

I think it is to the huge credit of PPRuNe that a number of regular contributors have been able to collaborate in creating this site and in the campaign.

S-Works
28th Dec 2007, 11:51
Oh come on Fuji, no more iMCR threads please, put this on one of your many others.

llanfairpg
28th Dec 2007, 14:09
This is what should have been done in the first place.

The webpage links to the DP petition.

Well done

machel
28th Dec 2007, 15:02
This is what should have been done in the first place.

The webpage links to the DP petition.

Well done

I totally agree. :ok: It may well have been lost in the other IMCr threads. This way, it's brought to the forefront again.

derekf
28th Dec 2007, 15:53
Please please please modify the site so I don't need to scroll around the thing - it needs to display width-wise in a browser on a 1024x768 resolution.

soay
28th Dec 2007, 16:02
Oh come on Fuji, no more iMCR threads please, put this on one of your many others.
Perhaps the only highlight of the Bali conference on climate change was when Papua New Guinea's head of delegation stood up and commanded the Americans: "if you are not prepared to lead then get out of the way". It worked, and somehow seems appropriate here.

Fuji Abound
28th Dec 2007, 19:05
Can I remind you to please register at the www.ukimc.org.

By registering we can keep everyone abreast of developments.

Thank you for your support.

BEagle
28th Dec 2007, 20:01
Please please please modify the site so I don't need to scroll around the thing - it needs to display width-wise in a browser on a 1024x768 resolution.

Fuji Abound
28th Dec 2007, 20:16
BEagle

Yes, thank you, I picked up your earlier comment and I am sure we can accomodate your request.

It may take a day or two.

I have already referred it to our technical expert.

BEagle
28th Dec 2007, 20:47
Thanks - it wasn't my original request, although I agree with it.

Thought you may not have seen it the first time, as there was no response to derekf's post.

SkyHawk-N
28th Dec 2007, 21:04
Hopefully this comment will be received as a constructive observation. If this web site is also aimed at people who are not pilots, for example MPs or press, would it be an idea to explain what an IMC rating is and what it is used for?

BEagle

Yes, thank you, I picked up your earlier comment and I am sure we can accomodate your request.

It may take a day or two.

I have already referred it to our technical expert.

Just change this line of code

"<TABLE height=1027 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=1175 border=0>"

to this

"<TABLE height=1027 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=100% border=0>"

Fuji Abound
29th Dec 2007, 10:03
Frame size now changed. Hope that works.

Please register

Cusco
30th Dec 2007, 22:29
I've signed the petition:
Can't see the harm in doing so: shirley large volumes of signatures can only bring attention to the barmy EASA proposition.
Sadly the website won't accept my attempt at registration : I'll try again termorrer.
Cusco

PS why do you need this thread when you've already got a sticky?

Fuji Abound
31st Dec 2007, 08:05
Cuso

All seems well with the registration this morning.

Please do give it another go.

The Pettition

Well, we may be close to 1,000 people signed up by the New Year!!!

:)

drambuster
31st Dec 2007, 09:32
Well done Fuji . . . . . great job.

julian_storey
3rd Jan 2008, 09:35
Excellent work and probably part of the reason that the petition now has getting on for 1,000 signatories.

davidcoe77
3rd Jan 2008, 10:00
Excellent job have signed the petition. At our club I estimate about 15 -20% of our business is PPL IMCR training. Losing this rating could have a significant effect on our operation. Incidentally I hold a BCPL and wonder how many other people the possible loss of this National Rating will effect.