PDA

View Full Version : Annex II - The future

diso
21st Dec 2007, 11:05
I own an Annex II aircraft that has a CofA and have watched with interest all the goings on with Jodels and Austers who have been lucky enough to move onto a Permit to Fly regulated by the PFA (LSA). Engineering support for my aircraft is likely to remain, therefore in all probability it will stay with a CofA.
The aircraft will almost certainly stay as Annex II because production ended before 1975 and there are less than 25 in Europe.
I'm worried about the future for Annex II aircraft that remain with a CofA. What are the future engineering regulations likely to be for these aircraft? I can't see the current situation continuing with seperate regulations for EASA and Annex II aircraft. Has anybody out there been asked to forward proposals for these aircraft to the CAA, or is anyone involved in discussions with the CAA on the future engineering requirements for these aircraft?
I would hate to think that the CAA would force us to use EASA approved engineering establishments and all that entails, but I can't think what else they can come up with that will be cost efficient and satisfy the regulations.

A and C
21st Dec 2007, 11:54
I would guess that you will eventualy end up on the PFA system if there are only 25 aircraft in Europe.

Aircraft like the DHC-1 could well end up in the EASA system as they would require a C of A to continue to fly for hire & reward in flying clubs.