PDA

View Full Version : Expired Sectional Charts - Have any?

Bman.
20th Dec 2007, 15:13
Good afternoon-

Post #1 ! Woohoo. Actually, I am not even sure I am in the right place. Private Flying forum seems to be a good start. I am on a quest to track down expired sectional charts, WACs, TACs and Airport/FD books. Why you might ask - well, I am not a pilot - only an armchair pilot. I have a career in a different field and will likely never take to the skies so my appetite for aviation is being satisfied by flight simulators and books. I have been really studying general aviation both VFR and IFR and I am now on a quest to find expired charts. Of course they online - but I am looking for the paper. Being that I am only taking to the skies on a simulator I can't justify buying each chart for $8 bucks a whack. Call me cheap. Any rate, I have cleared out my local GA shop but the sectional charts beyond my geographical region are a little more difficult to come by.

If you have a pile of expired charts (US primarily but world wide would be cool too) collecting dust and would like to help a enthusiast out - drop me a PM. Again, I may be in the wrong place but I figured it would be worth a shot.

Thanks in advance for your time-

Bman.