PDA

View Full Version : Airways NZ- The worst HR in the ATC world?

Loxley
20th Dec 2007, 06:35
Morning folks,

Working for NATS, one of the common complaints is the standard of HR. However, I wonder if Airways are even more incompentent.

I put in an application last September (2006) when Airways were advertising for overseas controllers. I got an email back saying I was successful at the 1st Stage and was invited to do some tests for the 2nd Stage. However about 4 days later I received another email saying I had been unsuccessful at the Stage 1 interviews (?!?) and thanks for my interest in Airways. I wasn't too fussed as I had another job offer by then so it was all fine.

However, last night (December 19th 2007) I received another email from HR at Airways saying thanks for your application but I was unsuccessful, we'll keep your details etc etc. This is 14 months after my original application that I had already been successful, then rapidly unsuccessful with!

Surely with the apparent world shortage in general in ATC at the moment, you would think that companies would at least be getting the basics right in order to plug their gaps from overseas. No?

SayAgainSally
20th Dec 2007, 07:29
That's nothing - how about this.

They even told a controller already working for Airways (terminal Radar), that she was not suitable for ATC, after she emailed them in relation to the Training re-view which was underway - LOL - :D

SAS

smallonions
20th Dec 2007, 16:31
I too received an e-mail last night re an unsuccessful application from Airways to be told they were recruiting peeps with Approach ratings which I didn't have. News to me I have had one since the 80's.

BullerBoy
20th Dec 2007, 17:24
Loxley:

Your dead-right mate, I applied to HR in the early 2000's to be told that there were no vacancies etc etc. Was able to contact the Sector Manager in Christchurch who said that they were "desperate" and could I start next month. They subsequently accepted another 5 controllers from overseas, not sure if any of us went through the HR channels :ugh:

Vercingetorix:

I had a pre - pre phone interview for OMAA with the secretary in question (V.DS) and based on his arrogant and dishonest attitude I flagged it away and went in another direction, didnt even bother talking to RS about a positon there, lost interest. It all sounded a bit dodgy and he was very evasive:uhoh:

HR has always dragged Airways down, then again looking on some of these forums Nav Can, NATS, Air Services and ATNS are no better.

wizblade
3rd Jan 2008, 21:08
Hi guys...I'm searching infos about the Nz research fo overseas ATC. I've read that there's something goin'wrong....isn't it? I've received an email to keep in contact for early 2008 and I'm waitin'for...
At the moment I'm workin as a radar area controller in Milan ACC (Italy). Any info could be useful for me. Is there someone already workin' in Christchurch? How is it?:} Cheers

andrepilota
4th Jan 2008, 12:39
Guys,
to be true I applied with Airways last year in september,got an email back with a link where I had to take an online test (all psychology stuff),after that I was told that I had been successfull,and was invited for an interview and some more tests in paris (gorgeous people in HR Airways I have to say...:p).

After that I got offered a position in ACC christchurch but yet could not accept since I had a contract at my present employer and at the time it was too early anyways to move to NZ.

So,from my side I have to admit that all went fine and smooth.

cheers

the Shue
5th Jan 2008, 13:15
I did the online psych tests then went to Dubai for an interview. The people were professional and answered all my questions honestly. I received an offer (and turned it down for monetary reasons); but that aside, I had no problems with the people I was in contact with.

Sorry to counter the topic of this thread. :O