PDA

View Full Version : Langar - visitors?

tmmorris
19th Dec 2007, 15:13
Does Langar (parachuting centre) accept visiting ac?

It's about 3 miles from where I need to be on Friday!

Tim

FREDAcheck
19th Dec 2007, 15:53
Yes, I've been there, but PPR by phone for a briefing of parachute opps and no overhead join because of the people falling out of the sky.

Brooklands
20th Dec 2007, 13:03
Tim,

They certainly have in the past 'cos I've been there. We landed to change pilots en-route to Rufforth. It could well have been in the former WAC PA28 that's now at Benson.

Edit : Having realised I have an electonic copy of my log book at work, I've just checked and it was the other WAC PA28 ('CR)

Brooklands

wsmempson
20th Dec 2007, 14:53
QUOTE "Edit : Having realised I have an electonic copy of my log book at work, I've just checked and it was the other WAC PA28 ('CR)"
Not the G-**CR pa28 at BAFC, Booker???

Brooklands
21st Dec 2007, 12:46
Not the G-**CR pa28 at BAFC, Booker???

No. If fly with WAC, not BAFC. They used to have two PA28-180s: 'CP and 'CR. 'CR was sold to Lees Avionics and has been repainted and re-registered. 'CP was sold to somebody who based it at Benson. I believe its recently been repainted and returned to its original registration. I also have a senaking suspicion that the owner is a regular poster on these forums.

Brooklands

tmmorris
22nd Dec 2007, 09:58
G-WACP has indeed reverted to its original G-BBPP registration and is now resplendent in a new Benson livery. If you tell me where you're based I'll let you know if I am coming your way! She is my usual hireling, as it were.

And yes, the owner is around hereabouts (and is sadly not me).

Tim