PDA

View Full Version : How to renew FAA IR Multi Aeroplane (ASIA)

cloudbuster320
19th Dec 2007, 01:00
Hi,

I am in Malaysia and need to renew my FAA PPL-IR-Twin (Aeroplane).
I have already a Seneca available here, looking for an examiner..

Thank you,

Captain Stravaigin
21st Dec 2007, 12:38
Hi ! Please let me know if you have any luck, I trawled the internet for days trying to find an Examiner in MY or South East Asia. In the end I flew to the UK for my FAA CPL exam - And then the examiner got stuck in an Ice storm in Colorado. Curses !!!

U can get FAA Instructors to sign off a Bi-Annual in the UK quite easily.

I have a FAA PPL + IR and am thinking about a Multi - is your Seneca a N registered aircraft or 9M ? Either way are you interested in possibly flying some sectors together ?

I am based in KL and fly from the Royal Selangor Club. I have a MY PPL also.

I did hear of one chap who is looking to set up a FAA school in Sarawak (Wings over Asia website) but he has not started yet.

Cheers

thornycactus
22nd Dec 2007, 17:58
I did hear of one chap who is looking to set up a FAA school in Sarawak (Wings over Asia website) but he has not started yet.
If it is really going to set up an FAA school in Malaysia, that will be a lucrative market! :ok:

The Mainlander Chinese, Taiwanese, Thai, Philipino, Indian students will be heading to Malaysia! That is 101% confirm!

Simply because China, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, (but not India) Aviation Authorities have the similar set-up as FAA. Moreover, Malaysia has a wonderful tropical climate with nice weather/sunshine, plenty of Mandarin/Hindi/Tamil/Tagalog/Thai speakers and etc.

It is not difficult to get:
1. FAA certified Flight Instructors, DPEs, Engineers & etc,
2. N-registered planes,
3. Fingerprints done & etc.

However, it may be difficult to get approval to set-up a knowledge testing centre! The testing centre in Taiwan has been shut many years ago, and early this year (before Chinese Lunar New Year) Hong Kong testing centre was shut. :D

mahi
30th Jun 2009, 03:46
hi there,

iam a cfii in India leme know if i can help.

Mahi

gerpols
1st Jul 2009, 12:32
Goodday everyone,

To get current again on Instruments, all you need is a current FAA CFII, and MEI if a twin is involved. The plane does not have to be N reg.

Regards,

Gerrit

mahi
11th Jul 2009, 04:58
Hi There!

I can help you out. I am a CFI & CFII . send me a mail at [email protected]

Thanks
Regards
Mahi

IndAir967
18th Jul 2009, 11:53
lol.. congratulations MR.MAHI ! No news from your side..
:ok: