PDA

View Full Version : Flying Club Wars!

llanfairpg
18th Dec 2007, 19:13
One of the things I noticed at a couple of clubs I worked at is they all seem to fall out with each other on the same airfield in some way.

The CFI of one club would taxy past putting his fingers up behind the students back and the other club would press the transmission button when he spoke on the radio. The best is when the one flying school had a big sign saying LEARN TO FLY HERE painted on the hangar. One dark night the other club painted a big arrow on the hangar directing the sign towrds their school

etc etc.

Have you noticed or been involved in any Flying Club Wars?

FlyingForFun
18th Dec 2007, 21:59
No.

But surely when these wars affect flight safety (deliberately transmitting at the same time as an aircraft from another school most definitely affects flight safety), action needs to be taken to bring these wars to a stop before there are "civilian casualties"?

If the management of your school will not act to stop any such behaviour from your side, and will not also talk to the other side to ensure the same thing, then I would think a CHIRP report would be the minimum action to be taken.

FFF
---------------

llanfairpg
18th Dec 2007, 22:02
The two schools involved are no longer around and yes some of it was dangerous, what worried me that both schools aircraft were in the same hangar

Dog's Bone
19th Dec 2007, 07:14
llanfairpg

Please explain your remarks regarding Barton. I find your insinuations re the two clubs at Barton to be not only offensive, but inaccurate.

llanfairpg
19th Dec 2007, 11:41
Yea, I always used to over react when I was younger too!

Katherine Alexandra
19th Dec 2007, 13:47
WAC and BAFC at Wycombe are "rivals" in as much as there's a lot of banter, but it's all friendly in reality. Certainly never got as bad as llanfairpg's example and I hope it never does.

The only time I can see that it'd ever be non-friendly at Wycombe is if safety of anyone was compromised by another aircraft. Equally, not happened so far as far as I can remember.

maxdrypower
19th Dec 2007, 18:25
Lets hope they dont start kidnapping each other and setting fire to each others aircraft , thats how we lost our Ice Cream man :{:{

HeliCraig
19th Dec 2007, 21:56
Somebody set fire to a man made from Ice Cream, after having kidnapped him???? :hmm:

(Sorry - getting my coat already!)

maxdrypower
20th Dec 2007, 16:42
:}:}:}:}:} you should know being a pilot that you cannot set fire to Ice Cream , Ice Cream vapour on the other hand is a very different matter

BackPacker
20th Dec 2007, 16:59
So they first vapourised Ice Man and then set him on fire? That's the most involved practical joke I've heard in years.

Very odd - I'm starting to have visions of this gigantic Marshmellow Man at the end of Ghostbusters (I) now.

(Getting my coat too. Need to get out to do some Christmas shopping anyway.)

maxdrypower
20th Dec 2007, 17:07
No This is getting silly , the ice cream man was never vapourised and any suggestion that this could have happened is daft. The kidnapping ill have , that could happen . But Ice cream men are solids and Im not aware of any process whereby one could be vapourised short of a nuclear blast which is again silly as that would not aid the antagonistic outfit who wanted rid of him in the first place as they would have no one to sell Ice cream to , as they had all also been vapourised , with the obvious exceptions of the cockroaches who apparently can withstand nuclear blasts . I had heard that slow burning Ice cream men had solved the age old mystery of spontaneous human combustion , but I may be wrong:}:}:}it may have been the aforementioned Marshmallow man , as we all know they burn the top of your mouth when you set the on fire

stickandrudderman
20th Dec 2007, 18:45
So, this ice cream man goes into a cheese shop.....

maxdrypower
20th Dec 2007, 18:56
He left pretty sharply though Old Boy apparently the Camembert was a bit runnier than he would have liked:}

Treeshaver
22nd Dec 2007, 13:47
Get the feeling that some people here have been at the Morocan woodbines.

maxdrypower
22nd Dec 2007, 14:42
Possibly but its them not me Im talking sense, its that Stick and Bladder fella and Backpack bloke , they are silly