PDA

View Full Version : Muscat.. So Long and Thanks For All The Fish

zkpjm
18th Dec 2007, 17:01
To everyone at Muscat ACC particularly those I won't get to have a beer with at the Aviation Club tomorrow and especially my ex-workmates on E watch.... thanks for the support and companionship over the past 8 months I spent working there.
We do like Oman heaps and it's unfortunate that things haven't panned out for me and my family... you all know the reason why and if you don't then I guess you can browse the Muscat Mutterings thread and be enlightened.
We are looking forward to the move 'up the Gulf' and remember that should any of you be heading for Bahrain I would always enjoy a call or visit.... don't forget the OBBI line either!!
Till then.... Eid Mubarak and a very Merry Christmas:ok:

Pete

BullerBoy
19th Dec 2007, 01:46
ZKPJM

Sorry things havnt worked out in Muscat for you cuz, reading the Muscat thread is pretty depressing, especially with the beer-tokens being offered in the rest of the gulf.

Check your PM's.

Cheers,

BB

Superfluous
19th Dec 2007, 19:12
So long Pete. Have a nice time in Bahrain. See you there for the F1! (City center deal)! And remember! "Never interrupt your wife while she is silent"!!!
See ya

Fox3snapshot
19th Dec 2007, 21:24
Did somebody say F1...:E Now you have my attention!

Go Webber! :D

zkpjm
20th Dec 2007, 04:35
That's the best advice I've had yet Superflous:}

You know, while living and working in Muscat obviously has it's problems there have also been huge plus's namely the great bunch of people here, expat's and locals alike. This was evidenced by the excellent evening yesterday.... there were a few face's missing but I guess someone has to be at work huh?

Hey Foxy, are you looking at coming thru for the GP? There's likely to be a contingent from Muscat too, perhaps we could all hook up.... (Now all I have to do is sort the time off, and I aint even started work there yet!!!!):ooh:

SayAgainSally
20th Dec 2007, 07:37
After all that time in Rangiora, now you can't stay in one place long enough for one to get a free nights accommodation when passing thru - oh well will have to keep saving up my Kiwi $'s for a trip to Bahrain - could be a while - don't think I will make the F1 - all the best big boy :)

SAS

Fox3snapshot
20th Dec 2007, 08:16
Did 12 of them last year, Bahrain is definitely part of my circuit :) See you there! As a Kiwi however I expect your allegiances to sway towards our Aussie driver so i will bring you the appropriate T-shirts and flags to wave! :p

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e123/Fox3snapshot/MWSC/drinkies.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e123/Fox3snapshot/Red%20Bull%20Testing/rbrtesting9c.jpg

AirNoServicesAustralia
20th Dec 2007, 08:28
Only problem with Webber is that first photo of him having a glass of champagne was 4 laps into the race. He was celebrating completing a lap without breaking down :E

Just Kidding Fox ;)

Fox3snapshot
20th Dec 2007, 08:40
I wondered how long it was going to before I woke up the peanut gallery :p

zkpjm
20th Dec 2007, 09:46
The Fox.... Don't mind cheering for a boy from downunder one bit and after all there's only the one extra star on your flag eh?:D

Hey SAS... it's ok buddy, C and the boys are staying on in Muscat for a few months so there's still time to visit.. the exchange rate is such that now's as good a time as any...:cool: always welcome!

zkjaws
20th Dec 2007, 09:51
SAS

There are plenty of us still here who can put you up if you are out this way.

You better be quick though. Some may be following Pete up the road.

Superfluous

The wife being silent??? Now that's a concept many of us haven't experienced.:ok:

Jaws

Superfluous
20th Dec 2007, 15:10
It's all part of the training mate. But, you should have done it loooong time ago! Still, once it's there, you only need to maintain competence... By not interrupting! ;)

Farrell
20th Dec 2007, 16:22
Superfluous!

Go and learn your airways and stop procrastinating! :}