PDA

View Full Version : ATC training in luxembourg

frenchie13
17th Dec 2007, 12:36
Hi all,
I still have to pass the medical examination, but then i'll start the training in Lux in March... anybody in the same case? I'm actually looking here for info on how to get an apartment... if any one is looking for a roommate, that would just be great (i have to say that i'm a pretty cool girl :p). Let me know if u can give me some advice. i appreciate

aermacchi
17th Dec 2007, 17:35
Hi! for the appartment seek i suggest u to look on athome.lu, pretty good website. Good luck, frenchie!

frenchie13
17th Dec 2007, 18:23
i will, thanx for the info :)

Fredrik
19th Dec 2007, 08:46
Hi! I will also be starting training in March and I'm doing my medical january 8. I have also been looking around for an apartment just to find out that they are very small and very expensive. At least if you want one in the city, as I do...
From what I've heard we will get a list with housing options and contact information at the same time as we do the medical examination. I just found out that there will be 12 students in our group in Luxembourg. I only know one more who is also from sweden.

Add me on facebook if you got it or send me a mail:)
/Fredrik Thureson

frenchie13
20th Dec 2007, 17:22
hey fredrik, i just added u on facebook so this might b easier to communicate :) keep in touch

sarah

RangadogLux
20th Dec 2007, 17:40
Hi Sarah/Fredrik,

I will be one of your Instructors at the college in Luxembourg, what do you want to know? :)

russ148
27th Dec 2007, 16:47
hey,

I used easyroommate.com to find my room but yeh they are very expensive, but so is everything in luxembourg! gr

Bogaers
27th Dec 2007, 17:52
Hi y'all

guess I'll be your colleague @ college in March 2008, depending on the medical (which will be on January 10)!

Still... very nervous about that medical exam... applying for Masuac apparently takes more time than I thought, and I don't have much time left before I'm outside of the age restriction (25th birthday on the 4th of August). What if things go wrong, now that I've come this far? With the first phases of the application process I was always pretty quite confident beforehand and pretty sure afterwards, but with this medical....

So, basicly, my question: can anyone boost my confidence a little bit? What are the medicals like in Maastricht? What is tested, besides vision and hearing capabilities (which should be allright, since my vision was tested before phase 1, and my hearing should be perfect)? Do many applicants still fail the medical after they were approved to start training in Luxembourg?

Thanks,
Martijn

russ148
27th Dec 2007, 19:48
HI the MEdical involved for me

Blood tests, Urine tests, chest x ra a long eye test, muscle tests, the old hammer on the knee test, hearing test and thats about it really it wasn't too bad sure you will be ok

Jagohu
27th Dec 2007, 21:58
Personally I don't know about anyone who failed the medical after starting in Lux... In your case if you'll start in March, your next medical will be in a year at Maastricht if you make it through, and that shouldn't be a problem - it's far not as complex as the first one, and even the first one is a walk in the park compared to some pilot's medicals... So no worries there, they just wanna make sure that you can hear, you can see and you won't fall off the chair having a heart attack at the age of 30... :)

andrijander
29th Dec 2007, 11:55
Hi,

they may also check whether you have epilepsy or metal plates in you head (I met someone in selection who did have that and was recommended not to start by the medical staff).

But if you have good health and no special physical/mental disadvantages there's nothing to worry about.

Bogaers, don't worry about the age restriction: for what I gather you are only waiting for the medical test. That means you're in unless you fail it so the age restriction doesn't apply any longer (unless you fail the medical, of course, but then again you could be 20 and you wouldn't be accepted anyway).

All the best to all of you,
A.

russ148
29th Dec 2007, 13:26
When I had my medical before Lux they had just changed the criteria and an EEG was no longer required (epliepsy test)