PDA

View Full Version : Platinum Air 2000 now Platinum Airways

drop bags bar
6th Nov 2001, 01:03
Just in Platinum Air has re-opened it's doors as Platinum Airways under the new management/ ownership of Neil Cochrane.

Any Idea if they will be dropping any of their routes as a result of the shack up. :confused:

Mr Angry from Purley
7th Nov 2001, 02:03
Biggin Hill - Blackpool for one!

MEVERTSGB
7th Nov 2001, 04:24
Platinum Airways seems a reasonable enough name change, now that ad hoc air charter flights have come to an end (I heard all King Airs have gone). :confused:

drop bags bar
7th Nov 2001, 05:13
Rumour is that the Jetstreams will also be replaced shortly. Anybody able to confirm this or is it just the usual aviation rumour mill?
:cool:

LTN man
7th Nov 2001, 10:52
Platinum pulled their Blackpool Biggin Hill link after the local council at Biggin stopped the service. There was a rumour that Luton would be their new London terminus.

OLNEY 1 BRAVO
7th Nov 2001, 12:09
Pardon my ignorance (or did I nod off?) but what has actually happened to Platinum Air 2000? I presume they have ceased trading - did they go into liquidation .. or what please?

Relaunch
12th Nov 2001, 20:53
By all accounts platinum has gone bust oweing £2.8 000.000, very clever though they have sold the holding company Millenium Execuitive Air Charter Limited for a nominal amount and then restarted newco the next day, if this is so the CAA ought to be hung & quartered all air crew have had reductions of £12.000 from their pay with no flight pay for the previous month !!!
No doubt they will not last, watch this space !!! :( :( :(