PDA

View Full Version : Adding TMG rating to a UK PPL

Woodenwonder
13th Dec 2007, 19:41
Urgent help needed please.
I appreciate that the TMG rating has had a good airing in previous threads, but any I've found are closed.
Derek Piggott tested me ages ago for the the then SLMG part of my PPL. I have made sure that since then, I have revalidated it every 13 months and got all the examiner's signatures in my logbook.
LASORs says I can send the lovely people £78 and apply for the TMG rating to be added to my PPL. I wish to do this as I am no longer flying many hours of SLMG.
QUESTION: on what form do I apply? Looked at FCL\1119, but it cannot work for this way of acquiring a rating. On a closed thread a chap said he wrote giving details with his cheque. I'm foolishly up against the end date of my present 13 month and need to get into the FCL offices before I drop out of validity on 1 Jan 08. So I don't want to have my application thrown out by the front desk clerk!

Whopity
13th Dec 2007, 21:58
For the issue of any Type or Class rating use SRG 1119. In Section 2 tick Class Rating the Specify TMG. Sign that Section. Sections 3, 4 and 5 are not relevant so strike out and send the form with the evidence of experience required.