PDA

View Full Version : CESSNA fans not happy with 162 build in China!

sternone
13th Dec 2007, 03:35
HoHoHo! You can easely say that there is some problem with the descision to build the 162 in China!! Read there comments on the official launch site of cessna! It seems they are flooded with reactions by email and post at Cessna!

Scroll down to see the reactions:

http://www.cessnaskycatcher.com/home/95.html#jc_commentsDiv

Even the VP Marketing responded officially to these reactions...will it really affect their future orders ?

http://www.cessnaskycatcher.com/home/124.html#jc_commentsDiv

Panama Jack
13th Dec 2007, 04:08
Yes, I am sure that there will be some sales lost to "I only buy 'Made in America'" types, but those type of people are a rarety especially if the quality is there and the price tag makes the difference.

I recall almost two decades ago how people in the USA were enthusiastically buying Nanchang CJ-6's . . . types which probably had a lot more to do with the "old" Chinese way of doing things.

Times are changing. Who would have thought in the 80's that some day Brazil would become a major aeronautical player?

sternone
13th Dec 2007, 04:18
I don't think you can compare the CJ-6 buyers to the 162 buyers ?

I think you underestimate the amount of reactions cessna received about this announcement, otherwise they wouldn't have reacted officially. The posts on the official launch site above are moderated, they admid that they did not post every reaction:

http://www.cessnaskycatcher.com/home/116.html

airmuster
13th Dec 2007, 05:02
if only they would re-introduce the C210. I've always had a soft spot for it and pains me not to see new ones.

Wish list

sternone
13th Dec 2007, 05:10
if only they would re-introduce the C210.

You might wanna read the airplane report about the C210 on Aviationconsumer.com and read some of the owners comments, it might change your mind...

Sir George Cayley
13th Dec 2007, 17:01
At least the 162 will come with a CE mark.

Chinese engineering:ok:

I know, I know... coat.

Sir George Cayley

sternone
13th Dec 2007, 17:50
HAhahahaha

S'land
13th Dec 2007, 18:14
At least the 162 will come with a CE mark.

Chinese engineering:ok:

Nice one. A few years ago when I was living in Italy my company had a visit from members of a Chinese company wanting to sell us electrical equipment. When we looked at the bits and bobs they all had the CE mark.

We asked if the goods were made in Europe. their reply was no, it stood for "China Export". Rotten C**p it was too.

Been a bit wary of electrical goods ever since.

KeyPilot
14th Dec 2007, 04:50
At the risk of "thread creep", are Cessna not biting off more than they can chew? Like integrating Colombia, and now outsourcing manufacture to China?

Cessna are of course an old and highly experienced company. BUT have they ever (i) acquired another airframer or (ii) outsourced production of whole aircraft? What exactly was the Reims arrangement?

My fear would be that they will underestimate the complexities and difficulties of both, and it could become a real drag on their business. But maybe I am wrong and am underestimating them. I would very much appreciate the thoughts of other 'prooners'.

sternone
14th Dec 2007, 05:11
I myself had shares in a small factory in China, i sold them because i gained money on it but mostly because i hate China. I hate China because i went there alot. It stinks the moment you step out of the plane and the people have awfull habbits, the food is the worst in the world. While things have changed alot in the last 5 years over there, i think that they will pull it off. It's not that difficult to set up a factory over there, you just have to have a few good people who coordinate the thing correctly, and they found that in their partnership with the Chinese gov. it's not from scratch they are building up there.

I also believe that they will make a USA version, with spare parts from China, to respond to the massive amount of hate mail they received lately...

englishal
14th Dec 2007, 07:39
At least it will be of good build quality then.

Have you seen how ****e American cars are made? Have you seen how lazy European workers are?

I'd buy one....

Undisclosed
14th Dec 2007, 09:16
I'd rather Chinese than Mexicans building them...

By the way, do you all realise how much SnapOn stuff is made in China? Albeit to "American Standards"...

It's all a joke anyway, just be ignorant and life will be blissful :ugh: