PDA

View Full Version : FI rating here or abroad?

sick_bag
12th Dec 2007, 16:45
If you do a FI rating in spain (cheaper, i was informed) how does that get added to your anglo-saxon JAA licence? Is it just added on like any other rating by the UK CAA or are there gotchas?

is the standard of course the same as the uk? It may be best to do it in the uk flying environment - in which case, which school to go for?
sorry, lots of questions there!

alphaadrian
12th Dec 2007, 21:22
No problem...it just gets added on to your licence just like any other rating. After you have paid your money to the CAA of course!! No gotchas. I did mine in the USA and had no problems adapting to the UK airspace. Lets face it...as a commercial pilot you should be able to fly anywhere in the world once you have familiarised yourself with the relevant countries laws and idiosynchronies. You should complete it in Spain a lot quicker than here anyway because of the better Wx. As regards standards,they do vary but I think they do even here withinthe UK

Good luck whichever route you take:ok:

sick_bag
13th Dec 2007, 12:15
thanks for that.
so you can do a JAR FI rating in the USA?

cavok_italy
13th Dec 2007, 15:14
That's what Iì'm doing. The JAA IR in the USA
It's sooooooooo cheap!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway you have to do later the exam in Europe. Anyway all USA JAR schools are extension on UK schools. Haven'0t you ever read about the Naples Air Center in Florida?

BlueRobin
13th Dec 2007, 15:49
Oh dear. Surely because a full JAR IR in the US is impossible, you are doing your ICAO FAA IR in the US, then getting in converted in JAR-land? In the case of NAC, it indicates so on their website (http://www.naples-air-center.com/index.php?view=65).

AIUI you must check that the Spainish FI course involves spinning. There are posts on this over in the Wannabes forum. Are you considering Aerofan SB?

BillieBob
13th Dec 2007, 15:53
Anyway all USA JAR schools are extension on UK schools.Entirely untrue. Naples Air Centre, European Flight Training, Ormond Beach Aviation and Anglo-American are all approved under JAR-FCL and all are US companies, in no way an 'extension' to any UK school. Orlando Flight Training and Moncton Flight Centre are merely sub-contractors to Cabair and are not 'JAR schools' in their own right.

cavok_italy
13th Dec 2007, 19:00
ok, ok. It sounded like they had GB connections. Do you know Naples AC anyway? May I trust them?

BlueRobin
13th Dec 2007, 23:31
You may be better off asking here
http://www.pprune.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14