PDA

View Full Version : Instructor Volunteer ATC Aviation Course Required

Sqwark2000
11th Dec 2007, 22:30
Hi guys and gals,

The Air Training Corps National Aviation Course runs from Jan 7 to 18 2008 and involves 7 instructors & aircraft with 35 students from around NZ. It's goal is to provide air experience for ATC cadets and usually follows an ab-intio training with those capable achieving first solo standard.

This year we require another instructor to join the team, the position is voluntary as are all the instructors but you are well taken care of...accommodation is at the RNZAF Base Woodbourne Officers Mess with meals provided (packed lunch provided on flightline).

Basic day to day routine will be breakfast at 7ish, Daily Flying briefing at 8am, airborne 8.30ish for 6-7 training sorties till aircraft tie-down at 4.30ish, in the bar for pre-dinner drinks by 5.30, 3 course meal and then daily winddown in the bar to complete the day. On average about 40-50hrs of instructing is completed per instructor over the 10 days of flying.

So all you need to volunteer is a current instructor rating, pref a PA38 or C152 rating, your time, beer money (which is very cheap) and maybe some travel expense depending on personal circumstance (most aircraft need ferrying to and from various locations, so instructor needs will be considered using the ferry flights, RNZAF SATS or commercial travel where available)

Any enquiries can be made to Sqwark2000 via PM with your personal details, and relevant flying experience. Please include contact details.

Cheers

S2K

covec
21st Dec 2007, 14:07
S2K

I cannot help this year (UK Military commitmments) but I would be very interested in future events. NB I am away in the desert alot!

I am a current FI(R) but have 21 sign-offs done and about 400 hours (650TT) of instructing on C152s predominantly as well as PA28s & C172s.

Covec

Fell free to PM if you want.