PDA

View Full Version : IMC Rating Petition

julian_storey
11th Dec 2007, 14:23
As some of you may have heard or read elsewhere on this forum, there is a good chance that once EASA harmonisation of european flight crew licensing takes place, the IMC rating (currently a UK only rating) could disappear.

This would be a bad thing for Private Pilots, for the flight training industry and also for safety in general.

I have a little petition on the go . . . .

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/IMC-Rating/

. . . to which I hoped that people might like to add their names.

Perhaps you could also encourage anyone you know who flies or has any kind of interest in aviation to do the same?

combineharvester
11th Dec 2007, 15:21
cracking idea julian, and i have signed it. However it appears that Basil Brush, Penelope Pitstop & Lara Croft have also signed up! i had no idea they had licences, let alone an IMC rating....

good work nonetheless

Whopity
11th Dec 2007, 15:59
As the EASA Committee have not yet got around to considering the IMC rating this is all rather premature.

S-Works
11th Dec 2007, 16:21
er, yes they have.......

foxmoth
11th Dec 2007, 17:09
Might get more response on a wider forum i.e. the private flying forum.:rolleyes:

julian_storey
12th Dec 2007, 07:11
There is already a post in the 'Private Flying' section, but thought that I might find a few extra folk here ;)

llanfairpg
20th Dec 2007, 13:10
Julian

Have you written/emailed all the other forums. flying magazines etc.

(By the way well done)

julian_storey
20th Dec 2007, 18:48
Thanks.

I did send an email to the main three mags. Hopefully they will print a link to the petition.