PDA

View Full Version : ATC Centre visits - Edin or Glasgow

Carole
9th Dec 2007, 23:47
Hey people,

I've just stumbled across this forum through Google & am finding it so interesting and helpful. I've got my 1st stage test booked in Glasgow on Tuesday.

I'm sure there's probably been a post on this at somepoint so sorry if i'm repeating but would anyone be able to help me out with arranging a visit to an ATC centre in Edinburgh or Glasgow?? I read somewhere that they don't want trainee ATC's visiting but surely that can't be right?

Also, any last minute advice for Tuesday would be appreciated!:)

Thanks,
Carole

chaudhrysahab
10th Dec 2007, 01:06
Dear Carole,

I am coming on tuesday for 1 stage test in glasgow. NATS says thatafter passing this 1st stage, you may visit any NATS estabilishment and there will e no requirement for that so worry and keep trying any other ATC centres if you cant find in nearby glasgow. BUT definatly try to go.

Only 1 day left so the only advise is, sleep well, dont be afraid := and come to exam, nothing more you can do really.

Good Luck...! :ok:

Bagheera
10th Dec 2007, 02:36
Carole, PM me with some Dates you are free and I will set something up for you.
Best of luck with the tests.

Baggy

Talla Radar
10th Dec 2007, 15:42
Carole, there is no ATC Centre at Glasgow or Edinburgh.

There are 3 ATC Centres in the UK, the London Air Traffic Control Centre based at Swanick (near Southampton), the Manchester Air Traffic Control Centre, based at Manchester Airport and the Scottish Control and Oceanic Area Control Centre, situated next door to Prestwick Airport.

There are control towers at Edinburgh and Glasgow Airports.

Good luck with the interview.

BlairL
10th Dec 2007, 19:02
I am also attending tomorrow morning!
Cannot wait, have been going over the information pack for days now.
I am very hopeful that I will get through to the second stage, and if at this point would it be ok for me to PM yourself Bagheera in the hope of arranging something similar?

Thanks,

Blair

NeoDude
10th Dec 2007, 19:36
I visited Edinburgh tower and the Scottish Centre a few months ago, It's definetely worth it and will give you something to talk about at stage 3. Friendly bunch of guys (and girls) at EDI, coffee could've used more sugar, but I can't complain :E

Hootin an a roarin
10th Dec 2007, 22:55
We are always friendly, just helps if you bring the biscuits NeoDude.

Visits are never a problem at Scotlands busiest, especially for Hurn potentials.

It would make a change to have a genuine interested aviation visitor rather than the local Rotary club. :E

Bagheera
11th Dec 2007, 00:35
Now now Hootin', you know thats the only way our venerable colleague can keep his membership valid after they tried to black ball him for the gaseous emissions!
Sure BlairL feel free to PM me, maybe try and get in touch with Carole too, if you could co-ordinate visits then you will have a bigger bank of questions to ask and be answered.

Baggy

Carole
12th Dec 2007, 13:27
So I need to bring biscuits with me then.....:p

Ivor_Novello
12th Dec 2007, 15:14
Always a pleasure visiting the Scottish centre and aerodromes.
Been interesting at Swanwick too, although it reminds me too much of yet another IT call centre where I used to work...

Had a few visits (pre and post interviews) and it's always interesting, although when I mentioned I have a PPL it's not to show off, but to save the poor ATCO from having to explain what a squawk code is for the umpteenth time ;)

cheers

Ivor