PDA

View Full Version : NO DUFF - Urgent Msg, Ex Forces & Arrse member in trouble (Help needed)

Always a Sapper
9th Dec 2007, 18:15
Gentlemen,

I would like to bring your attention to this thread currently running on ARRSE (http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=84166#1674073) and Rear Party (http://www.rearparty.co.uk/cpgn2/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=3523#70781) needs help.... should anyone feel able to assist it would be most gratefully appreciated....

Urgent please for help folks.

We have a site member who is registered disabled due to a missing limb, sustained whislt serving whom has the very real prospect of being homeless along with his wife an children prior to the Christmas holiday.

I'm f****d if I'm gonna let that happen.

We have managed to find him a property to let, within a few minutes of his childrens school and have the resources to move him.

Once in, with a small amount of ongoing help from ABF, RBL, SSAFA & BLESMA and also combat Stress he will be self sufficient and in the knowledge his family have a roof over thier heads will be able to take Combat Stress up on their offer of Residential help.

We need to raise a bond, and payment of rent up front, totalling £1750.

I'd like to think we can make a huge dint in this via you guys.

Anything that you can afford to give, is hugely appreciated. The guy is a member of Arrse, and although I don't want to ID him at this stage he is watching, as are his family.

I'm in the process of sorting a PAYPAL link and for those without the facilty an account for direct payment.

Lets not see a former serviceman and his family on the streets or in a hostel this Christmas.

Please dig deep and no matter what the donation, it really does make a difference.

Chris

Thanks folks

Snapper

L1A2 discharged
9th Dec 2007, 18:49
Done, to give via paypal use: [email protected] (copied from AARSE) - check early posts if you need to.

Always a Sapper
9th Dec 2007, 19:05
Thanks L1A2

northernmonkey
9th Dec 2007, 19:54
This is a genuine case guys and this fella (an amputee and ex serviceman) faces the very real prospect of being homeless this Christmas, along with his three young kids and wife.

Any amount is gratefully received.

Thanks for your time gents.

ACW418
9th Dec 2007, 20:47
£20 going to the account electronically. Will take three days.

acw

Rocket Chucker
9th Dec 2007, 20:51
I don't have a paypal account at the moment (I had some b*stard hacked into it) anyway I would like to help - is there any other way I can get money to the cause - or any other way I can help?

northernmonkey
9th Dec 2007, 20:56
Yes chaps

Two accounts

HSBC

Sort: 40-02-00
Acct: 22286107

or

Lloyds TSB
Sort: 77-51-01
Acct: 54713568

Both C Lee

Once again for donations gratefully recieved.

Rocket Chucker
9th Dec 2007, 20:57
Nice one mate! Be on it first thing in the morning.

lowlypax
9th Dec 2007, 21:17
20 pounds send via Paypal

Shack37
9th Dec 2007, 21:35
Loot on route by transfer to L TSB.
Hope it all goes well.
s37

Just realised I left out the bank's name in the transfer details but it seems to have been accepted ok. Hopefully the other details (A/C No. Name and sort code is enough. It should show as coming from shack37. If it don't show maybe someone from Arrse can put a suitably worded comment on this thread and I'll sort it.
Put it down to age!

:\

vmv2
9th Dec 2007, 21:40
£20 bank transfer this evening. Hope you manage to meet the total.

vmv2

chappie
9th Dec 2007, 22:29
there is no way that will happen. i have had probs with the paypal system and can't seem to sort it out so if you can bear with me i will deposit into the account either tomorrow or tuesday.
i'm not going to stand by and let this happen. is there any other help that you need? PM if you want to raise profile and go down media route i will let you have contacts etc. what about the kids xmas? i'm a mum and the little ones are getting excited about xmas. are gifts taken care of, do we need to help there? i'm not lucky enough to have my brother as when the call no duff went out his plane was brought down in iraq. please let me help in any way i can.
good luck
keep the faith

northernmonkey
9th Dec 2007, 22:31
It there is enough left over after ensuring we have the bond and rent up front for the landlord then the intention is to book some cheap flights to spain, a site sponsor has donated an appartment FOC for a week.

The children are 2 girls aged 6 & 11 and a boy of 10...... any monies left over will be turned into Toys R us vouchers to ensure they have a Christmas

k3k3
9th Dec 2007, 22:33
£20 Paypal'd.

northernmonkey
9th Dec 2007, 22:59
Many thanks for all donations so far folks.

Very generous and received with thanks

Chris

wg13_dummy
9th Dec 2007, 23:42
C'mon chaps. Dig deep please. A couple of quid of your flying pay aint going to hurt and it is for a tremendous cause. The guys over on Arrse have done a stirling job raising some dosh for the disabled ex serviceman and his kids.

We surely cant allow an ex serviceman to be homeless this time of year can we?

Show 'em what the crabs can do. ;)

Many thanks in advance.

Been There...
10th Dec 2007, 06:31
Already done last night...

Always a Sapper
10th Dec 2007, 07:34
Guys ‘n’ Gals, fellow ppruners

Sitrep (08:35 10/12/2007)…

The response has been outstanding so far, most humbling in fact. A big thanks to all who have helped.

It has been suggested that any funds left over once the objective has been secured should be aimed at Sellyoak, an outstanding idea…

If everyone is good to their pledge we've blown it out of the water....

I thought, that provided its ok with you guys, if there is money left over when christmas vouchers have been bought that I'd turn the rest into Ipod Shuffles and send them to Sellyoak....... hopefully in time for Christmas.

Paypal takes its time to turn around, but they take their chunk.

Please keep pushing, its not over yet..... Some of theese pledges may have been duplicated and c0ck ups can be made in txing.

Fantastic effort though folks, am truly grateful for all yoru kind donations, and when I speak to the chap involved and his family this eveing, I shall indeed pass on his 'responce'

Cheers again..... lets get this amount through the roof!
Chris

Links … ARRSE (http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=84166#1674073) and Rear Party (http://www.rearparty.co.uk/cpgn2/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=3523#70781) should anyone feel able to assist it would be most gratefully appreciated....

The paypal details are Hooverbags @ msn.com or if you prefer there are two bank accounts for direct donations.

HSBC:

or

Lloyds TSB:

Both in the name of C Lee

Thanks again folks
Snapper

tezzer
10th Dec 2007, 07:43
Nothing to do with the military, but my father and mother were both in the RAF/ WRAF (you work out which was which). I am however a grateful member of the UK public.

Donation sent via paypal this morning.

Merry Christmas.

Captain Gadget
10th Dec 2007, 07:46
Contribution sent via LTSB. A merry Christmas to all from an ex RAF and ex-Army (RRF) bloke...

Gadget :ok:

Sentry Agitator
10th Dec 2007, 07:51
Good luck!

SA

FantomZorbin
10th Dec 2007, 07:52
DCO via LloydsTSB
Happy Christmas:)

aviate1138
10th Dec 2007, 07:58
Sent the man money via PayPal. Hope he moves onward and upward with his family. Happy Christmas to one and all.

GANNET FAN
10th Dec 2007, 08:06
Not serving, just a prooner, glad to contribute.
Son just back from Iraq
I hate to think of that family in that situation
GF

northernmonkey
10th Dec 2007, 08:11
Gents am truly grateful.

It would seem there will be excess funding left over so a decision has been made to buy Ipod Shuffles and get them away to Sellyoak for the homecoming casualties.

Once again sincere thanks, am genuinely humbled at the responce. Just goes to show that being a member of the forces can be the best insurance policy you can have when on hard times.

I will post the chaps responce when I speak to him this evening.

Chris

tezzer
10th Dec 2007, 08:31
THIS is the true meaning of Christmas, and it kinda feels good doesn't it ??

cornish-stormrider
10th Dec 2007, 08:40
Oh, Bollox. The amount has been reached?? Well sod it. I shall go and put my £20 worth in anyway. I am going to the bank this lunch-time. Good work fella's

northernmonkey
10th Dec 2007, 08:49
This is amazing........

So far we will be able to:

1, Pay bond and month up front
2, Fly family to spain for holiday at Daves apartmentm (Spanish_dave on arrse, kindly donated a week in an apartment nr Murcia)
3, provide a Hire car for trip
4, Fwd Toys R Us vouchers for 3 kids
5, An amount of spending money for holiday TBC
6, a fist full of Ipods for sellyoak.

Will contact Sellyoak later, via a friend of Spanish Daves.....

I will find out what they are desperate for.

Am reluctant to send cash as it will get lost in Admin, I want Arrse to reach out and touch the casualites in their beds, either with Ipods, a Widescreen tele for the TV room etc etc....

Keep going folks, this is fantastic and going to make an enormous difference.

Thansk to your donations, an ex serviceman will now be spending Christmas at home, with his family, without the worry of eviction and in the knowledge that people give a sh1t.

Its going to take me a while to get round you all to shag you and blow your legs up..... but don't fret, I'll get round to it

Keep going folks, lets try for £4k its more than acheivable.

pulse1
10th Dec 2007, 09:05
I believe that a lot of us non-military types care about our service men and their families. Donation sent today.

jpboy
10th Dec 2007, 10:30
Cheques in the post, best wishes to the man and his family. Well done to those who gripped this sh@te situation and turned it around.:D

Chicken Leg
10th Dec 2007, 10:43
Banter's great, but it's even better when we pull together!

I don't want to take the focus away from the thread, but it's apalling that this man and his family could possibly end up in this situation. Perhaps a media 'leak' might not only raise the profile, but shame this government into ensuring that this can't happen again.

Then again :rolleyes:

LowNSlow
10th Dec 2007, 10:52
25 quid sent to the LTSB account by a grateful member of the public (dad was WW2 RAF) who thinks it is disgusting that ex-service people can be treated so badly.

PS I couldn't make a payment to the HSBC account.

bwfg3
10th Dec 2007, 11:29
I'll get to bank tomorrow and try to zap some jordanian blats through on behalf of ex-service lads here. If the exchange rate is silly, I'll get missus to sort in UK.

Best wishes to all, and Merry Christmas.

AD, MB, TP
Aqaba:cool:

covec
10th Dec 2007, 11:33
£20 inbound.

All the Best for Christmas, mate, to you and all of your Family.

neilmac
10th Dec 2007, 11:45
Money sent, hope the family have a good xmas and best wishes for the future

NM

Rocket Chucker
10th Dec 2007, 12:46
Money transferred. Really pleased to see that the family have been sorted for Christmas and a big WD to Spanish Dave(?) for the extras. :D

Northern Monkey:
Quote: 'Its going to take me a while to get round you all to shag you and blow your legs up..... but don't fret, I'll get round to it'

I must find a window in my schedule in order to 'fit you in' :} - Oooh Err missus!!!

A good job well done mate. :D:D:D

Per Ardua

P.S. Excellent idea about Selly Oak :ok:

Beagle-eye
10th Dec 2007, 12:52
Twenty five green beer vouchers sent via Paypal. Might take a few days but it should get there.

Well done all :ok:

Cheers

B-E

Never Alert
10th Dec 2007, 13:05
25 notes to Llyods.

Had a problem with the HSBC acct though, I couldn't transfer into it.

Well done to all involved, a tragic story with a terrific outcome. :D

Journos,

If there are any of you reading this... get this story out.

orgASMic
10th Dec 2007, 13:32
Done through Paypal. Charity begins at home after all.

Merry Christmas to all involved.

:ok:

advocatusDIABOLI
10th Dec 2007, 16:13
Fantastic Effort! to a worthy cause, done.

However, it strikes me that this 'shouldn't' be required! Is it me, or does this highlight the dismal treatment of our proud and brave veterans generally?

More long-term, since niether the Gov or the British public, really want to support our folks, how would all serving members of all forces feel about giving up just 1 days pay to support a charity for this kind of case?

If anything could corner the Gov. , that would. Personally, I would.

In these times, a days pay, for helping our brave, is a very small price to pay. Pity the Hon Member for Scotland doesn't see it that way.

Finally, I think globally, that we should NEVER refer to him as Def Sec, only by his PRIMARY TITLE. (In the style of the 'B' word)

Only a mild rant, keep safe,

Advo

ExRAFRadar
10th Dec 2007, 17:20
20 Squid sent via PayPal. Best of wishes and here's hoping the family can have a decent xmas.

winkle
10th Dec 2007, 18:03
donation sent to tsb. all the very best.
ex raf

JMP6
10th Dec 2007, 18:24
Merry Christmas!

D-IFF_ident
10th Dec 2007, 18:50
20 quid paypaled. Any chance of updates on how we are doing in the fundraising?

Inginear
10th Dec 2007, 19:26
20 drinking chits sent via L TSB,

There but for the grace of god.......

Fugazi1000
10th Dec 2007, 19:47
£20 from a grateful RAF Brat.

charliegolf
10th Dec 2007, 20:33
Mrs G won a hamper (she never wins anything), but then felt guilty 'cos we don't really need it.

I said, "Ok, enjoy the goodies, and giva bit to charity". Perfect timing eh?

£50 quid lighter, and feel great about it.

Great idea AARSE-men.

CG

who remains convinced that against the odds, many, many people actually give a ****.

Always a Sapper
10th Dec 2007, 20:50

Sitrep (21:38 10/12/2007)…

An amazing and most humbling response to the call, it looks light we are getting close to 5k!!! & it’s still rising! :ok:

Keep it up folks and please let folks know at work tomorrow in case they have missed their daily pprune… ;)

Links … ARRSE (http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=84166#1674073) and Rear Party (http://www.rearparty.co.uk/cpgn2/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=3523#70781) should anyone feel able to assist it would be most gratefully appreciated....

The PayPal details are Hooverbags @ msn.com or if you prefer there are two bank accounts for direct donations.

HSBC:
or
Lloyds TSB:

Thanks again and a Very Merry Christmas to all

Snapper

northernmonkey
10th Dec 2007, 21:47
Guys if people are true to their pledges we are very close if not through the 5k mark.

I've spoken to some grown ups at Sellyoak and they are crying out for laptops, games consuls DVD etc.

If you have a buckshee / unwanted one, I can provide and address to forward to......

Games, DVDs, uwanted Laptops all gratefulyl received and I will personally deliver then to ensure they get where they are needed and not lost in an admin vortex.

Alternativley please keep donating, we've got a few people negotiating discounts with retailers and providers to ensure we get the max for the monies.

Thanks again folks....... A fantastic reminder that being a one time member of the forces is by far the best insurance policy you could ever carry.

Warm regards

Chris

flower
10th Dec 2007, 22:11
Ex Mil appalled at the treatment of our service personnel especially those injured and have donated through Lloyd's bank. A thread I hope the press gets their hands on to show up the lies of compassion the government spout.

northernmonkey
10th Dec 2007, 22:25
The chap in question has no wish to appear in the press, his self pride has taken a pummeling of late.

If the press want to get involved with the providing of Laptops for Sellyoak and Headingly etc, then thats fantastic, providing they don't take a pound of flesh along the way.

teeteringhead
11th Dec 2007, 09:02
£25 inbound - I'm with Lloyds myself so it should get there tomorrow.

I know we shouldn't have to, but is there scope for an ARRSE/PPRUNE/GOAT/RR charity for these things??

Teeters (a very grateful Headley "grad" from a previous unpleasantness - fortunately when we still had RAF Hospitals ...... :()

northernmonkey
11th Dec 2007, 09:09
Looking into that now, with a website etc

In the meantime please, if you have any games consuls, buckshee games or a laptop PM me and I'll fwd an address to send to.

Alternatively please any spare wonga you might have, chuck it in the pot, its all going towards purchasing equipment for the homecoming and recovering casualties.

Always a Sapper
11th Dec 2007, 11:46
Unashamed Bump ......

anotherthing
11th Dec 2007, 12:35
Back to the top - and £30 sent off via Lloyds TSB

rustybh
11th Dec 2007, 17:56
Top Job for organising, happy to donate to a worthy cause(s).

Keep it up.

Seasonal best to all involved.

:ok:

Dan D'air
11th Dec 2007, 18:26
£20 paypalled re the Shackleton thread as promised, with a lump in my throat that an ex-forces man should be let down by the very system he fought for. Atrocious.

N_1
11th Dec 2007, 20:25
£20 via Lloyds

I hope this campaign brings a small cheer to his family's Christmas

N_1

B_Fawlty
11th Dec 2007, 21:12
£25 on it's way to the L TSB a/c from a very grateful civvie.
slainte mhath to you and your family :ok:

ps Royal Bank of Scotland online banking tells me that the HSBC sort-code and account number don't match - a typo perhaps?

northernmonkey
11th Dec 2007, 22:47
Bugger, yes!

Acct: 22286017

Aldridge Prior
12th Dec 2007, 02:30
I hope you and your Family have a very Happy Christmas.

L J R
12th Dec 2007, 05:50
Festive wishes

a PPRUNE Guy.

HonAlgyLacey
12th Dec 2007, 07:37
£25 sent - finally - to the right account at HSBC

My bank finally figured out the account number

22286017 !

Best wishes to him and his family at Xmas

Algy

6Z3
12th Dec 2007, 16:58
Definitely worth a couple of Pavarottis to bump it back - thru' PayPal

bwfg3
12th Dec 2007, 18:35
50 quid sent now missus worked out paypal.. all the best.

cargosales
13th Dec 2007, 10:50
As it's a very worthwhile cause

vmv2
13th Dec 2007, 19:10
Bump - any update?

Always a Sapper
13th Dec 2007, 20:33
Sitrep on way, wait out....

Always a Sapper
13th Dec 2007, 21:17
Sitrep (22:00 13/12/2007)…

This is getting bigger by the hour, well done everyone so far! :ok: There's some auctions running over on the other means raising funds as well, links for those interested are below...

Been working on a fella up in Carlisle, currently kipping on the streets as he ran away from his responsibilities when he got his girlfriend pregnant, sooner run away than face up to not being able to provide...... sound familiar??

It would seem that the relationship is unsalvageable and she is back with her parents…..

He has now been given a prepay phone £22 + £10 airtime on it. Been to next and kitted out with a suit, change of clothes, shoes 2 X shirt and a tie £196..... Then socks, grots, dhoby kit etc about £2 and put him in a B & B paid direct for four nights £110.

Got him a writing pad and pen and told him to make contact with ex girlfriend and parents, if only to let them know he is ok

Also writing to a local landlord who has a houseshare available, probably be able to pay a month up front for him, just trying to negotiating his bond.

Got a pawn ticket (pretty much all he lad left) for his NI, Bos and UN medal... that got to me.... £80 I will pick them up tomorrow and am going to get them mounted for him.... touched a nerve and made the old lip wobble.

Girlfriend refused to speak to me, but am sure she will come around. Left her a voicemail message with the offer of a bucket full of bambino gear

He doesn't drink, doesn't smoke, doesn't appear to have any addiction problems.... Just couldn't hack being a let down and ran away, he will now be currently tucking into a great big steak and looking forward to starting a temp job on Monday morning.

Not bad for a morning........ To say he was speechless, grateful and upset is an understatement!

If anyone is in the Carlisle area and has a job, any job drop me a PM

Sitrep as at 18:00 hrs

Carlisle dude, now had a houseshare sorted in addition to the other, he moves in Sunday afternoon. He is at a B&B until then.

'Viro Bono' visited Sellyoak yesterday afternoon and mentioned the idea of PSPs, Nintendo’s etc, but apparently they are in plentiful supply.

It was suggested that we sponsor a visitor / family room within the building for parents / families of injured troops to use..... This has been agreed by the 'ARRSE' COs and will be proposed to Sellyoaks probably tomorrow. At the minute its just a shell of a room within an old Victorian building. Requirements etc have yet to be made clear to me, but I'm Imagining, beds, wardrobes, TV that sort of thing, along with Carpets, curtains etc.

My initial thought was that it was a fantastic idea and something permanent and on going....... Then I got greedy and thought 'If we have one at Sellyoak, why don't we have one at Headley court' but that will come in time.

There is enough in the takings so far to do it...... I will put a spread sheet of balances out tonight and give a grand total later on, along with what’s been spent so far.

Take it from me folks, this is very very worthwhile, two families are now out of danger and having a Christmas, with security, gifts and decent scran, and we've plucked a lad off the streets, given him work, a roof, clothes and a sense of worth again..... add that to the possibility of a sponsored room in Sellyoak!!!

I might be a cnut, but I've been a bit of a wet cnut today and that guys medals had me choked for a good while.

Keep pumping the wonga folks!!

All this in three days........ Lets invade France :E

And not forgetting the Charity, its in hand and trustees will be appointed this week etc. In reality we aren't going to have a registered number before Christmas. But as previously mentioned, this isn't just about Christmas and I'll post some of the ideas that have been mulling around later on today.

Chris

The PayPal details are Hooverbags @ msn.com or if you prefer there are two bank accounts for direct donations.

HSBC:
or
Lloyds TSB:

Auction links:

1. Sellyoak Auction - A handcrafted quilt in the winner's choice of Regimental crest, Service Badge Capbadge, Sqn Crest or Ship's Crest., kindly offered by Niner Domestic...... Clicky Clicky (http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=84279.html)

2. Help Them Out - ARRSE Pun VC Poster - (Signed & Thumb-printed)..... Kindly offered by PsyWar.org ..... Clicky Clicky (http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=84360.html)

3. Help Them Out Auction - Your own Website ... Kindly offered by BFG 9000 ..... Clicky Clicky (http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=84328.html)

4. Help Them Out Auction - A Day in the Woods with Civvy_Shot ... Kindly offered by, yes ... Civvy_Shot..... Clicky Clicky (http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=84326.html)

Snapper

And not forgetting a thankyou to the MOD's over here for putting up with 'those squaddies' again

Always a Sapper
13th Dec 2007, 21:57
It's only a thought....

But is anyone on the Mess Committee for the upcoming Xmas Mess Functions out there???

Any chance of the hat/bucket/hollowed out elephant foot being passed around?

Ta

tezzer
14th Dec 2007, 06:31
Still brings a tear to my eye this one. I've "found" charity, with donations to this one, and a subsrciption to help for heroes www.helpforheroes.org.uk (http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk)

Never been into charities before, too danred selfish maybe, but it feels good, and I only had two less rounds in the pub last night, so it's a win win situation.

Unashamed bump, btt.

strek
14th Dec 2007, 08:42
Money sent for a good cause. And a good way of getting rid of the 'It appears you haven't posted for some time' message at the top of the screen!

Merry Xmas to all.

Strek

chappie
14th Dec 2007, 09:24
just been thinking, i will have to have a foray into the unknown...i.e the garage and will fish out my brothers laptop. it's no problem for you guys to have it, i am sure he'd give it himself if he could ( he was killed on XV179) butas i am no computer bod i really don't know if it's useable. feel free to turn it down. we have PC games as well.
also if you need any ideas or suggestions to help with the family room set up just PM me. i am a nurse in neuro itu and needless to say have been dealing with families who are undergoing a massive trauma for quite some years.
i get paid at the end of next week and so will try and help more.

Rocket Chucker
14th Dec 2007, 17:45
Maybe slightly off thread - but I'll take the hit because it's a good cause along the lines of what we're trying to achieve. :)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7141893.stm

Shepherd Neame brewery are wading into the fray by donating their profits from Spitfire Ale to Headley court. :D

I can get bladdered and help the guys at the same time!!!!! :ok:

So come onb troops, fill yer boots!

Par Ardua

Always a Sapper
14th Dec 2007, 19:33
Sitrep (20:30 14/12/2007)…

This is getting bigger by the hour, well done everyone so far! :ok: There's some auctions running over on the other means raising funds as well, links for those interested are below...

More than the rent got covered mates, we are cooking with gas

First case:
£1000 Bond
£750-Rent in advance
£375-Kids chrimbo (toys R us)
£460-Flights
£50-So he can get his doris a bottle of perfume

(an amount of spending money yet to be assigned)

Second case:
£400-kids chrimbo (toys R us)
£100-Tescos, Xmas dinner on us
(SSAFA stopped eviction etc)

Third Case:
£32- Phone and credit
£196- Clothes & suit etc
£110- 4 nights BnB
£300- Rent up front
£250- Room bond
£80- To redeem his medals
£14- His train ticket home
£25- Dhobie kit, toilettries and writing kit etc
£150- set aside for baby equipment if his girlfriend will allow
£25- An enormous steak and a pint (his first in god only knows)
£25- cash in his hand

Total- £4342.00

Its estimated that the refurbishment of the room at Sellyoak be in the region of £3k but we have people in the furtniture, decorating and carpet business on the boards who can contribute, meaning there maybe money to do a second room, or look at Headly Court to do the same.... Alternatively, Viro-bono has a couple of ideas Re MDHUs etc.. but that will come shortly.

I've been sent an email this afternoon from a couple of totally separate issues regarding blokes in the sh1t..... they are being looked into now and will report back in the morning.

Chris

Second Case - 4 Kids, 1 Autistic.......

The family on Monday were faced with eviction, I'm sure people won't mind spending £100 per child...... especially with the ride they have had over previous months.

HSBC:

or

Lloyds TSB:

Auction links:
1. Sellyoak Auction - A handcrafted quilt in the winner's choice of Regimental crest, Service Badge Capbadge, Sqn Crest or Ship's Crest., kindly offered by Niner Domestic...... Clicky Clicky (http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=84279.html)

2. Help Them Out - ARRSE Pun VC Poster - (Signed & Thumb-printed)..... Kindly offered by PsyWar.org ..... Clicky Clicky (http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=84360.html)

3. Help Them Out Auction - Your own Website ... Kindly offered by BFG 9000 ..... Clicky Clicky (http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=84328.html)

4. Help Them Out Auction - A Day in the Woods with Civvy_Shot ... Kindly offered by, yes ... Civvy_Shot..... Clicky Clicky (http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=84326.html)

Snapper

And not forgetting a thankyou to the MOD's over here for putting up with 'those squaddies' again

Vatican69
14th Dec 2007, 20:18
£20 sent and passed on

madlandrover
14th Dec 2007, 23:29
£20 in the kitty.

Ex-RN

Always a Sapper
15th Dec 2007, 21:50
Bump.................................. Bump ...................... is this enough letters to post?

BUMP

Five Livers
16th Dec 2007, 13:41
Money sent with pleasure but I have to ask; wtf is going on that our heroes have to rely on charity?

tezzer
16th Dec 2007, 14:35
Now THAT is a qusetion that should be asked of our Government by every single member of the United Kingdom.

BoeingMEL
19th Dec 2007, 15:54
speaking as someone reCenly classsed as legally blindd... I've Paaypalled my £20 with hugE empathy. Goodd luck buddy and God Bless your loved ones bm

(pypAl payment in name of [email protected])

Boslandew
23rd Dec 2007, 16:02
£20 on its way Paypal

kokpit
23rd Dec 2007, 18:59
Ashamed to say I saw this at work earlier in the week, put it on the back burner, and promptly forgot to sort it out when I got home.

Glad a recent poster has bought it back to the fore, and jolted my piss-poor memory, I've PayPal'd the account for £20.

Cheers,

Liam Gallagher
24th Dec 2007, 09:48
Be assured a glass shall be raised today in a far away land with humble thanks for your efforts, compassion and humour....... you sick fatherless

Good health......go strong.....

hawkeye
24th Dec 2007, 21:56
The least I could do. Whatever the BBC might say, most of us are 100 per cent behind our armed forces. Wonder if they will trouble to report this event and embarrass Brown and his cronies.

Eight Eights Blue
25th Dec 2007, 08:43
Reading this Christmas morning and following suit. Twenty nicker en route to Lloyds.
Hope they all have a better 2008!!!

EEB

moggiee
25th Dec 2007, 11:10
Mine on the way - well done all.

eagle 86
26th Dec 2007, 05:33
As an Aussie and a veteran who is reasonably well looked after by my government's Vet Affairs Department can I ask why your vets are not treated similarly?
GAGS
E86

November4
26th Dec 2007, 10:47
can I ask why your vets are not treated similarly?

and that is the $20,000 question which none of the politicians will answer.

We get a nice badge to wear instead.....

eagle 86
27th Dec 2007, 06:36
N4
We get a badge as well!
GAGS
E86

northernmonkey
11th Mar 2008, 20:27
Evening chaps, back again, this time one of your own.

On ARRSE one of the site sponsors has been giving weeks at various villas over in Spain away to injured servicemen returning from operations. These injuries varying from the effects of IEDs and Gunshot wounds to total disability..

As a collective site we have been sorting out tickets to get them to the villas, via the budget airlines, Ryannair and Easyjet.

An RAF chap (Gunshot wound) has taken the offer up of a trip in April, and we would like to send him, on us, and if possible front a hire car for him.

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=88221/postdays=0/postorder=asc/start=0.html

So far we've sent over and in the process of giving twenty two families away, with more in the pipeline.

All the payment details are the same as they were at Christmas,

For anyone who may be concerned that we are in a postion were we could be abused, all cases are checked and verified prior to holidays being offered.