PDA

View Full Version : Insurance: 150 hour min experience requirement question

rusty sparrow
9th Dec 2007, 16:13
Can time in gliders be credited towards this typical insurance requirement for group flying?

Fuji Abound
9th Dec 2007, 16:25
100 or 150 hour time are usually group requirments not insurance co. requirments. Where they are for a small additional premium the insurance company will usually accept you. So it comes down to the group in term sof what they are prepared to accept.

Personally were it my group I would not be too concerned. I would be far more interested in doing a couple of flights with the person. Moreover unless it is an aircraft they have trained on a few more flights to familiarise the person with the type would seem in order.

Groups should mentor low time pilots (if they are good groups) and by doing so even a low time pilot can quickly become comfortable.

In terms of gliding time clearly it is time in the air and will have added to your experience. There will be elements you are very good at, but equally some elements you might be less comfortable with. So to anser your direct question I think the time is relevant but needs to be taken in context.

rusty sparrow
9th Dec 2007, 16:28
Thanks Fuji - I'll check this out with the possible group share.