PDA

View Full Version : Stores Database Software

Twitcher
9th Dec 2007, 08:56
I have a challenge of setting up a stores for a new company. I have an excel spreadsheet of parts we have got and need to put all the data in an aviation based database.
It will need to have the ability to create orders, receive parts from those orders and issue a a GRN etc and preferably be able to print an 'S' tag.. It will also need to track shelf life and be able to offer alternate part numbers and have an option to search by part number and/or description etc.
Can anyone recommend any suitable software as well as approximate costs?
Any advice is welcome.

WhiskeyDelta
9th Dec 2007, 22:49
I run the spare parts department for a major engineering (not aviation based) firm. Our stock control is managed by SysPro 6.0 - (shouldn't be too hard to search out the URL ..). SysPro is a vast and customisable networked business solution, it can handle the shelf life and GRN that you specified and a whole lot more (invoicing, warehousing, transacting, costing, kitting, backflushing etc and a whole host of accountancy functions). I also happen to know that it is ******* expensive! As it also handles the entire company’s accounts it may have too great a scope for what you require, but it may be worth contacting them with your requirements; they may be able to provide a version that suits.
The engineering side of the company is catered for by Pulse. I know that Pulse has some inventory control modules but we don't use them so I cant really comment on their suitability, but I do know that is has better implementation of ECR's, ECO's revision numbers etc than SysPro. I don't have a web address to hand but if you're interested I can find out.
WD

Astir 511
10th Dec 2007, 09:27
There are quiet a few standard packages out there. One of the better systems in Quantum.
Further Info available
http://componentcontrol.com (http://componentcontrol.com/)

It's not cheap, and your selection will depend on what your specific needs are, However advantage of Quantum is it can be tailored to your needs with various bolt on options

Twitcher
19th Dec 2007, 12:29
Thank you both for the information. Has anybody else got any further ideas?

DW11
19th Dec 2007, 13:05
PEMAC is another one commonly used by large maintenance/stores outfits.

mitzy69
19th Dec 2007, 21:46
BA uses a good system from SAP called EWS,
ask any BA engineer how well it works and how user friendly it is.
does stock control and prints out labels.

Rookieng
2nd Feb 2008, 19:40
Anyone tried to do Ms Access database for store (small part 145 organization)? Is there any available on the net? Our store is limited so iam using excell spreadsheet atm..