PDA

View Full Version : Training material for CRM

Airtanker Pilot
8th Dec 2007, 20:03
I am trying to build an inhouse training program for annual ICP and 61-58 ground school. Need to incorporate a bit of CRM. Any ideas of where I could get course material?

wap101
9th Dec 2007, 16:20
It would be sensible to attend a CRM Instructor course. This course gives you the tools to design, deliver, research and build your own CRM material. It would give you generic CRM modules upon which to build a proper CRM course.

A good starting point is CAP 737 free from the UK CAA website.

Non-PC Plod
10th Dec 2007, 08:15
Give us a clue: what is ICP and 61-58?, and I may be able to point you towards something relevant.

Crossunder
13th Dec 2007, 11:14
TOTALLY agree with wap101. Get professional guidance. DonŽt just search the web for something to copy. YouŽll just end up like thousands have before you; with a totally B.S. course that completely misses the point, is not tailored to your operation, will never appeal to (or motivate) the pilots, and will become just another opportunity for the pilots to get drunk the night before and doze their way through the next day in class.
The other very important thing is to coordinate this with the simulator instructors. It all needs to be closely followed up during practical training. If not, you are just wasting time and money - just like we are in my company right now. Lots of fancy (read: useless and mighty expensive) Power Point slides, with the latest definitions and acronyms - something completely different expected/taught in the stimulator.

Good luck! :ok: