PDA

View Full Version : Aeros & the CIVA catalogue

Arrestahook
7th Dec 2007, 13:41
Ed, Stik etc, can anyone provide a link for the free download of the CIVA catalogue, tried the BAEA website route and no joy. Cheers A

stiknruda
7th Dec 2007, 15:42
From BAeA website - go to judging notes, ISTR.

Stik

Flyingcircusace
8th Dec 2007, 05:59
Try

http://www.aerobatics.org.uk/civa_catalogue.htm

Fcirc

tigerbatics
8th Dec 2007, 07:12
There is a difficulty here Arrestahook. The reason the old links do not work is because the long running dispute between the family of Aresti and the FAI has finally been concluded.

For some time what was once the Aresti Dictionary became the 'Aerobatic Catalogue'. This was because the whole system went through a revision in the mid 1980's and at the same time the Aresti family were asserting their rights to the copyright of the system.

As a result of the settlement it is now called the 'Aresti Catalogue' but is no longer available free from the FAI. It must be purchased from Aresti System. This is a Spanish company and the links now end up on their web site.

TheOddOne
8th Dec 2007, 08:52
As a result of the settlement it is now called the 'Aresti Catalogue' but is no longer available free from the FAI. It must be purchased from Aresti System. This is a Spanish company and the links now end up on their web site.
As a result of which those of us fortunate to still have an old catalogue do amendments in pencil. I doubt very much if the Aresti family have covered their costs in catalogues sold. I've never seen one of the new ones on the judging line. I'm told that they're also very difficult to buy, not user-friendly Paypal or such, but having just looked at their website, it does seem you can now order and pay using the usual payment methods, including Paypal. However, I don't know if the current catalogue for sale on the Aresti Syetem site contains the latest revisions, especially the new rolling circle 'k' factors etc.

Cheers,
TheOddOne