PDA

View Full Version : New Director Of Flight Ops at BA Announced

Chunky Monkey
6th Dec 2007, 13:50
BA announced yesterday that Captain Stephen Riley has been appointed as the new Director of FLight Operations.:D

This can only be good news - Stephen is one of the good guys, and is young enough to be in post for some considerable time. The longed-for improvement in IR at BA may even be possible - perish the thought!:)

tubby linton
6th Dec 2007, 14:03
Were any external candidates considered for the job at BA?My employer is going to have a new DFO soon and all candidates have been internal.I don't think they even advertised it.

Human Factor
6th Dec 2007, 17:25
Were any external candidates considered for the job at BA?

I wouldn't have thought so. Historically, it's always been an internal promotion.

Airbus Unplugged
6th Dec 2007, 18:52
I believe Mr Darth Maul applied for the job, but he's unexpectedly unavailable due to a contre temps with Anakin Skywalker who has taken a turn for the worse since.

Mr Maul was considered to be slightly too soft for the position, and nobody in their right minds would've considered Shirley.

So Captain Cryptic it is then.:rolleyes:

woodpecker
7th Dec 2007, 10:10
Steve Riley, nice chap as a F/O, knew where he wanted to go and knew exactly what he needed to do to get there.

With regard to his entry into the BA cadet scheme in the first place, do I remember his father worked for BA (BOAC)?

HotDog
7th Dec 2007, 10:39
What!? Hugh Dibley didn't get the job.:confused:

beerdrinker
7th Dec 2007, 11:15
Pete Riley was Flight Tech manager on the Classic for a period of time

woodpecker
7th Dec 2007, 13:13
Pete Riley was Flight Tech manager on the Classic for a period of time

Mmmm, There were a number of Line Captains whose sons (or daughters) never even got an interview!

dontdoit
7th Dec 2007, 13:14
Maybe they should LODGE a complaint.....

woodpecker
7th Dec 2007, 14:34
A few did, but the people to whom the complaints were made were.....

The SSK
7th Dec 2007, 14:51
I was always told it was an Iberia flightdeck which most resembled the Kingdom of Heaven

... where the Son sits at the right hand of the Father

Oops - 'Iberia flightdeck' in a BA thread - sensitive subject - sorry

The Controlller
7th Dec 2007, 15:43
Good call ref BA new director of flt ops......SR understands Ops and the whole ball game....let hope he lasts ?........many havn`t.:D

Fluke
7th Dec 2007, 16:56
I guess the out going Director will be headed down to Dubai shortly :rolleyes:

Ancient Observer
7th Dec 2007, 17:29
........and if it is not the Gulf, no doubt there will be a warm chair for them at the CAA

beerdrinker
7th Dec 2007, 19:06
LCG will end up on the main board as Director of Safety as all ex FODs do.