PDA

View Full Version : CPL(A) Composite Exam

silvereagle
5th Dec 2007, 14:12
I am struggling to discover exactly what I need to study to pass the CPL(A) composite exam. I already hold an FAA CPL(A), SE, ME and IR. I also hold a JAA CPL(H). I have completed the CPL(A) Principles of Flight exam and Performance so the only thing left to do is the Composite Exam.
Appendix 1 to JAR-FCL 1.050 hints at the subjects covered but am keen to know exactly what I need to study. In Met for example, the Appendix simply says I need to study jet streams, CAT and stratospheric conditions - nothing else. Is this correct or am I missing something here?
I must say, doing all these exams with 35 years flying experience is a real pain in the a*** but it seems to be the only way with our rather inflexible CAA.
Any ideas?

RVR800
6th Dec 2007, 11:10
This is quite ridiculous and makes the Belgrano looks like it has lost the plot.
:rolleyes:

I suppose it has to do with the lack of synchronicity in helicopter/aeroplane JAA exam legislation which was written by "the port and wine brigade" in those jolly days before they all got bored and fell into load of issues that they cannot now extricate themselves from....

Who pays the price for this incompetence? You do...:*