PDA

View Full Version : Hurrah for BRL

'Chuffer' Dandridge
5th Dec 2007, 11:14
Hurrah for BRL.

At last an end to the constant petty bickering about Oban & Glenforsa.. Whilst every story has 2 sides, I fear that this thread was just bickering for bickerings sake.

Oban (& Glenforsa) were/are great places, but if the local council insist on f:mad:ing them up (to use a technical term), then we can all say is "Told you so" when Oban reverts to a nice quiet place with a derelict terminal building.

gcolyer
5th Dec 2007, 12:05
Are you sure it is the council F****** them up and not the fuel man?

Stiring spoon has been now been put away:}

Glenforsa Flyer
5th Dec 2007, 13:21
I would'nt like to think that Oban's Airport Development Manager had finaly managed to achieve his stated objective, and gagged any public disscusion (and scrutiny) over his methods and achievments.

GF

BRL
5th Dec 2007, 14:34
He has got no chance of that.

I will re-open it soon. I, and others, didn't like the way it was going to so I have closed it for now, give everyone a bit of breathing space.

I will re-open it soon.

jonkil
5th Dec 2007, 15:04
I would'nt like to think that Oban's Airport Development Manager had finaly managed to achieve his stated objective, and gagged any public disscusion (and scrutiny) over his methods and achievments.
GF
He so far has destroyed any GA activity of many, our tour of the west coast of Scotland that was scheduled for August past did not happen, instead 6 aircraft and passengers flew to the east coast of the UK and spent the time there.... including hotels/restaurants/shopping/landing fees/fuel, our activity probably left in excess of £5000 in the local economy....... this is to the detriment of Oban/Glenforsa and the local economy of those areas... this is a pity as the west coast has stunning scenery and worth visiting, but until this sad state of affairs is sorted then many in the GA community will go elsewhere..... where next?.. France looks good.

Say again s l o w l y
5th Dec 2007, 21:20
Despite being one of the protagonists, I think BRL did exactly the right thing.

It is too easy to let things get personal whe dealing with an emotive issue and sometimes you need to count to 100 to keep a discussion going, rather than just bad tempered bickering.

Glenforsa Flyer
6th Dec 2007, 10:07
Agreed

:D

GF

Rod1
6th Dec 2007, 11:48
The Issue of Oban has got to be the most depressing subject ever discussed on PPrune.

Rod1

Capt Whisky Whisky
6th Dec 2007, 13:44
You should try running a business here Mate,.
Then you would know what depressing really feels like!

WW

'Chuffer' Dandridge
11th Dec 2007, 11:46
Hurrah once again and "A Big UP" to BRL for once again sparing us all the agony of reading yet more drivel about Oban and closing the Oban Thread.

How on earth 21 pages of bickering and nay-saying drivel about the Oban situation will do anything other than inflame a seemingly sad situation is beyond me? :ugh:

jonkil
11th Dec 2007, 12:03
Hurrrrraaahhhh :{:zzz::ugh::mad::=

S205-18F
11th Dec 2007, 12:54
Ok lets squat in here till the other thread is Reopened!:E

Rod1
11th Dec 2007, 13:37
Good call BRL (again)

Rod1