PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair Bases - Where Next?

dwlpl
5th Nov 2001, 16:13
Which airport(s) is, according to informed opinion on this forum, next on Ryanairs list for basing its aircraft?

[ 05 November 2001: Message edited by: dwlpl ]

OrsonCart
5th Nov 2001, 16:31
Ryanair already have a Luton base. easyJet have recently conclucluded a long term commercial deal with TBI for their Luton operation.

I could be possible that Ryanair would want to increase their presence at Luton, but my gut feeling is that if there are slots up for grabs at Gatwick, Ryanair would be in the running for them.

Extra slots will be available at Stansted what with Lufthansa,EuroWings,SAS and Gill reducing capacity or totally pulling out from the Essex airport.

NICK HEFF
5th Nov 2001, 17:29
Headcorn in Kent would be my prediction.Just a 20 min walk to the train station with up to one train an hour to London.
Headcorn offers first class passenger services with free parking,excelent bacon butties and modern outside toilet block and shower hole.
Great savings for the company too,£5.00 Per landing,free aircraft parking and free accomidation for flight crew in the hop pickers huts.
All this with the chance of visiting the Sunday boot sale in the free car park and drinking at the Smarden Bell would make Headcorn a passengers paradise.

foghorn
5th Nov 2001, 18:02
Surely you mean 'London Headcorn Airport'