PDA

View Full Version : ANR headphones?

dom175b
3rd Dec 2007, 16:13
I have just bought a pair of David Clark X11 ANR headphones, has anyone else got these and what do you think to thier performance. I managed to get them 2nd hand but they have only been used for 6 hours in total!

R there any faults on these units that need to be addressed or part recalls etc from David Clark.

Thanks

Dom

JUST-local
3rd Dec 2007, 16:47
I got mine last christmas and have done lots of flying with them this year. I think the battries 2 x AA are claimed to do 30 hours under normal use which is about right, this quickly goes does down to about 15 (ish) hours if you use them in a high noise environment.

No complaints from me. :ok:

TheOddOne
3rd Dec 2007, 23:11
I bought my pair of X11 when I started as an instructor in Sept. I've now done 80 hours wearing them and they did start to eat up AA cells, mostly because I left the unit on and relied on the auto-turnoff feature. I now make a point of turning them off at the end of each flight, even if I'm leaving them plugged in ready for the next.

I was wondering how they were going to stand up under fairly intense use (5 flights a day, 5 days a week) but so far no issues. They have good compatability with other headsets and you can still hear the engine through the ANR to monitor its health.

I haven't tried the iPod or mobile phone plug-in capability yet.

Another plus; I can get to use the supplied case for carrying other stuff as well, so all I need is a map folded to A5 size and an A5 kneeboard and I'm good to go.

I'm still wondering if I should have stumped up the extra cash and bought the Bose ANR headset, though.

Cheers,
TheOddOne

Fitter2
4th Dec 2007, 06:46
If you really want something significantly better than the DC11X, don't waste your money on a Bose-X, try a Lightspeed Zulu.

Under very comprehensive tests they were outstanding. All the rest were clustered togethe, and the major difference was comfort.