PDA

View Full Version : What pilot stuff are you asking for Christmass ?

sternone
1st Dec 2007, 19:02
I think i have it almost all... but everybody from my family asks me: "So what do you wan't to have for Christmass, probably some flying stuff right ?" They ask me.. But what can i ask !!!

Do you ask some flying stuff for Christmass ? What is it ? Thanks for the tips!!

Pilot DAR
1st Dec 2007, 19:10
My favourite thing to ask for at Christmas is a few more gift ideas for my wife and kids. I have a wonderful family, and can fly whenever I want, what more could I ask for?

Flying stuff tends to be way too costly for me to consider making it a gift suggestion.

Pilot DAR

Final_25
1st Dec 2007, 19:32
Maybe not very imaginative but the 2008 Pooleys would be pretty useful. If any generous person happens to be reading this.

Say again s l o w l y
1st Dec 2007, 21:07
I'm asking Santa for my medical back..........................!

ShyTorque
1st Dec 2007, 21:52
And we hope you get it back, too! ;)

18greens
1st Dec 2007, 21:53
Dear Santa,

A new Aeroplane(Edge, Pitts, Tiger moth, Cirrus, PA28 - Delete unaffordable)

A made to measure flying suit

A helmet

Lovely new white gloves (why do we wear them - it keeps your hands dry- and allows gound crew to see your signals)

A new headset.

All those computer, ruler , booky things for my ppl.

An auto land button.

Good weather on saturdays.

A silk scarf ( really comfortable for windy cockpits)

Nice sunglasses (for all days)

Flying goggles (for that tiger moth experience)

A trip in a Tiger moth
An aerobatics trip
A Hunter trip
A lightning trip.

Anything from www.flyboys.com

Christmas is so great

stiknruda
1st Dec 2007, 21:58
Good friends

Good weather

Good serviceability

Anything else, money can buy and that is not the spirit of christmas!

J.A.F.O.
1st Dec 2007, 23:32
Well said Stik.

I'd like to add:

Good Health

Good Luck

and the Good Sense to enjoy them while you can.

eharding
1st Dec 2007, 23:55
Dear Santa,

This year, if you could arrange an end to: world poverty, ethnic strife, religious conflict, climate..er...stuff, political corruption and that worthless tw@t from BabyShambles and his bird...that would be lovely.

Best Regards,

Ed.

PS...if you manage to sort that lot, then you could probably manage a Sukhoi 26 and 30 thousand litres of Avgas for me. But you won't, I know...you tight Finnish git. Just like last year.

stiknruda
2nd Dec 2007, 07:17
Oh and Santa - please can you point me in the direction of a company that would like to use my two-ship aerobatic formation display team as a marketting/advertising platform!

We have six firm large airshow bookings for 08 and are in discussions for a further six...

If you can do that, I'll leave a whole bottle of single malt on the fireplace!

Stik

wsmempson
2nd Dec 2007, 07:44
Kelly Brook and a bottle of massage oil.:E

A and C
2nd Dec 2007, 09:12
All I ask is that I never have to set eyes on the British precision pilots association in the future.

stiknruda
2nd Dec 2007, 10:05
A&C = do tell more!!

One of them, a C172 driver lurks on here!!

Stik

A and C
2nd Dec 2007, 16:26
I won't lower myself to a blow by blow account but the actions of this lot (and a 172 driver in particular) cost my company a lot of money and almost put us out of business.

whitehorse
2nd Dec 2007, 21:09
In the past when my wife was asked by our children what she wanted for Christmas she would answer "a good boy/girl". This year when she asked me I said "a naughty girl". "Can I get one on ebay" was her reply. Where should she look?:ok:

Oldpilot55
3rd Dec 2007, 02:27
A CO detector from Sporty's..not the silly sponge thing that doesn't work.

A month of CAVOk when I am off work.

Avgas in US gallons.. $4.00 a gallon

A CAA that listen to our problems

A wind that points into our runway

That's all

sternone
3rd Dec 2007, 05:18
A CO detector from Sporty's

Do you mean this ?

http://www.sportys.com/terryc/images/4116m.jpg

or this ?

http://www.sportys.com/terryc/images/1662m.jpg

JOE-FBS
3rd Dec 2007, 09:05
Various helpful people put affordable ideas on this thread recently:

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=298870

Oldpilot55
3rd Dec 2007, 12:21
sternone...option 2 is what santa might bring me, if i continue to be good

Chequeredflag
3rd Dec 2007, 14:19
One of those ICOM transceivers, but no ones asking me!!

SkyHawk-N
3rd Dec 2007, 16:32
Good friends

Good weather

Good serviceability

Stik - I can't help with any of the things above but you have a PM about the other.

18greens
5th Dec 2007, 21:59
You all made me sound sooo shallow.

IO540
6th Dec 2007, 08:54
A new crankshaft :)

BackPacker
6th Dec 2007, 09:47
Oh yeah. An end to the DA-40 TDI teething problems, including a healthy supply of 1.7 or 2.0 engines with the appropriate paperwork complete.

A and C
6th Dec 2007, 09:59
You have more chance of winning the national lottery!

BackPacker
6th Dec 2007, 10:07
Just hedging my bets...:)

gcolyer
6th Dec 2007, 10:28
Sorry guys...i done this last year and I will do it again. Santa is not real. You see I got my whizz wheel thingy out and blew the dust off it, got on the this thing called the "Interweb" or what ever it is, looked up a few facts and figures. I then crunched them in the whizz wheel thing and was myself very upset at the fact that Santa cannot possibly exist.

Here are my findings:

There are approximately two billion children in the world (under 18). However since santa does not visit children of Muslim, Hindu Jewish or Buddist religions, this reduces the workload on Christmas night to 15% of the total, or 378 million. At an average global census rate of 3.5 children per household, that comes to 108 million homes.

Santa has about 31 hours of Christmas to work with, thanks to the rotation of the earth and different time zones. Presuming that there is at least one good child in each home this works out at 967.7 visits per second. This is to say that for each household with a good child, Santa has around 1/1000th of a second to:

Park the sleigh
Hop out
Distribute presents
Eat whatever snaks have been left for him
Take the carrot left for Rudolf and his pals back up the chimney
Jump back on the sleigh and get on to the next house
Assuming that each of these 108 million stops is evenly distributed around the earth (which of course it isn't but for the purposes of our calculations), we are talking about 0.78 miles per household; a total trip of some 75.5 million miles, not counting toilet stops or breaks. This means Santa is moving at 650 miles per second-3000 times the speed of sound. For the purpose of comparison, the fastest man-made vehicle, the Ulyesses space probe, moves at a pokey 27.4 miles per second, and the conventional Mk1 Reindeer can only run at best 15mph.
The payload of the sleigh adds another interesting element. Assuming that each good child gets at most a medium sized lego set of 2lbs, the sleigh is carrying over 500 thousand tons, not counting Santa himself - who is by all accounts a rather portly gent.

On land a Mk1 Reindeer can pull no more than 300lbs. Even granting that the 'flying reindeer' could pull ten times the normal amount, the job cannot be done with eight or nine or even ten of them - Santa would require 360,000 of them! this increases the payload, not counting the weight of the sleigh, by another 54,000 tons, or roughly seven times the weight of the Queen Elizabeth 2 ( the ship, not the monarch).

Around 600,000 tonnes traveling at 650 miles per second creates enormous air resistance - this would heat up the reindeer in the same fashion as a spacecraft re-entering the Earth's atmosphere. The lead pair of Reindeer would absorb 14.3 quintillion joules of energy per second each. In short, they would burst into flames almost instantaneously, exposing the reindeer behind them and creating ear deafening sonic booms in their wake. The entire Reindeer team would be vaporized in 4.26 thousandths of a second, or right about the time Santa reached the fifth house on his trip.

Not that it matters, however, since Santa, as a result of accelerating from a dead stop to 650 miles per second in 0.001 second, would be subjected to centrifugal forces of 17,500g's. A 250lb Santa (which seem ludicrously slim) would be pinned to the back of the sleigh by 4,315,015lbs of force, instantaneously crushing bones and organs and reducing him to a quivering blob of pink goo!!
SO, IF SANTA DOES NOT EXIST WHERE DO ALL THE PRESENTS COME FROM????????

GO ON ANSWER THAT!

Lister Noble
6th Dec 2007, 11:30
OK.
So who fills my stocking and drinks the large brandy I leave in the fireplace each year?
:confused::confused:

shy_one
6th Dec 2007, 11:42
I would like my medical back so that I can fly as PIC again.

Please SANTA