PDA

View Full Version : PPL Revalidation

Dragonlight
1st Dec 2007, 10:46
Hi everyone,

Apologies to open on an old subject thats probably been covered before, but search wasnt comming up trumps.

My situation: SEP expired 05/02/2004, PPL required re-issue 17/02/2007. My medical is up to date.

Can anyone let me know what exactly is involved in getting back flying on this licence. Happy for PM or email. Thanks for any assistance.

DL

homeguard
1st Dec 2007, 11:44
You must first pass a simple SEPL 'Renewal' test known also as a Licence Proficiency Check (LPC) with a JAA Examiner who will endorse the revalidation page within your licence.

Complete Form SRG 1119 which records the renewal.

Ensure that your JAA Medical is valid

Re-apply for the licence renewal using form SRG 1102. following the instructions attached to the form. don't forget to send the dosh with this application.

Dragonlight
1st Dec 2007, 12:56
Homeguard,

Many thanks, that answers it, can you clarify the content of the LPC?

Ta

homeguard
1st Dec 2007, 13:45
Its really up to the Examiner but as a guide;

Working top down.

Steep Turns
Instrument handling
Stalls in different configurations
Glide including steep turns.
PFL
EFATO (I do it during the climb from the PFL)
Navigation at the discretion of the Examiner
Circuits as required.

The general flying is obviously assessed throughout.

Dragonlight
1st Dec 2007, 13:57
Thanks very much!

Whopity
1st Dec 2007, 15:51
You can get the license reissued just by having the medical.

Dragonlight
1st Dec 2007, 16:20
Whopity,

Thanks for that. I think I'll do that. Any drawbacks to getting licence re-issued then doing LPC as opposed to vice versa?

ta

Whopity
1st Dec 2007, 17:19
No, you can get it signed up by the examiner and you are ready to go.

homeguard
1st Dec 2007, 20:54
Whopity
Dragonlight stated that his 5 year licence expired on the 17/02/2007.
He needs to renew his licence!

BEagle
2nd Dec 2007, 05:35
Correct!

I would suggest:

1. Apply for licence re-issue - your medical needs to be up to date for the first day of licence re-issue.
2. Whilst waiting for the licence to be re-issued, pass Licensing Skill Test for SEP Class Rating renewal. You must pass that before 4 Feb 2009.
3. When the licence arrives, get Examiner who did the LST to sign the relevant page.

That's as things are today - who knows how the unelected Eurocrats will muddle things further...:mad:

Dragonlight
2nd Dec 2007, 10:07
Thanks everyone,

Licence application is in the post, hopefully I can get the test done in next month or so.

DL