PDA

View Full Version : A320 Eng AI & IGN

The Hedge
30th Nov 2007, 19:54
Hi,

I remember seeing this during my rating but haven't seen it since.

Firstly, is it correct that with the engine anti ice on you get continuous ignition? Ie no need to switch eng mode selector to IGN if you need it.

If this is correct can someone please point me to an FCOM reference.

Many thanks

kuwait340
30th Nov 2007, 20:47
Hello...

in our A320 equipped with CFM56-5B...when you use the engine anti-ice...you will not have automatic selection for the ignition system .

Reference FCOM 1 chapter 70 section 80 page 3 (1.70.80) look at the bottom of the page at the automatic selection.

Good Luck.

Max Angle
30th Nov 2007, 23:24
On the V2500 version you certainly do get ignition with engine anti-ice on.

jetjockey737
30th Nov 2007, 23:31
On the CFM 56 version there is no need. Chance of flameout unlikely......FADEC sorts out the rest of your problems.

františek dobrota
1st Dec 2007, 20:05
Sorry, but I think EIU switch ignition on automatically, when ENG A/I pb. pressed on 56-5B. If I remeber, active ignition is not displayed on ECAM in this case. Maybe depends on A/C modification.

Dani
1st Dec 2007, 20:37
Correct, depends on MSN. Newer CFM also do Ignition on.

Dani

eight16kreug
1st Dec 2007, 23:43
Page 1 (1.70.80 P1) GENERAL has

ENG MAN START and ENG 1(2) ANTI ICE pushbuttons as inputs to the

Engine Interface Unit (EIU) which controls

ECU and FADEC which contols the igniters.

But not displayed on ECAM. So since the ECAM is the pope when it comes to infalliblity, you will have to check with your engine mod to see if the igniters are indeed firing or not!

But jetjock is correct - chance of flameout very unlikely with today's engines. You need three nozzles of foam fired into the engine to flame it out. Not enough water or ice in a red thunderstorm cloud to do this.:)