PDA

View Full Version : Atlas cargo

Fonck
5th Nov 2001, 14:44
Hello there !

Just recieved a letter from Cirrus Aviation Consultants, in charge of the recruitment for Global / Atlas in their Stansted based ops.
I've heard that during initial training (ground course and sim), the drivers are not payed.
Is that true ?
If it is, should be a very profitable airline :eek:

Cheers,

Look through the window :rolleyes:

The Guvnor
5th Nov 2001, 15:30
Look on the bright side, Fonck - they could be doing a Ryanair and be demanding you pay £30,000 for the course! :D :D :D

No pay at all seems a bit tough; I'd rather have gone for half pay until people have done their base checks.

nitefiter
5th Nov 2001, 16:36
Fonck
it was certainly the case when i had an interview last spring.No pay whilst on ground school and sim although some small allowances.Worst case scenario about three months without pay given delays in ground school to sim to aircraft.Now if someones on three months notice of redundancy it might not be that bad, but it was not for me.I thought they were taking the P**S.

thegirth
5th Nov 2001, 20:32
BA should be doing the work with soon to be "Surplus" BA 744's and crew not giving the contract to Atlas!!

Fonck
5th Nov 2001, 21:11
Thanks guys,

I think I'll keep the application form on my desk....and saving a lot of money (included the stamp). :D

Cheers,

--------------------------------------
Look through the window :rolleyes:

nitefiter
5th Nov 2001, 21:32
Fonck
I didnt mean to stop you applying just really saying that it was`nt for me,i think its got to be based on your personal circumstances ie single no mortgage or if you are about to be laid off might be ok,but not with kids and a big mortgage.I know a couple of guys that really enjoy it.Lastly the freight boys dont seem to have been hammered to much yet,which leaves me thinking how many people will be trying to back pedal and climb down from their very high horses to get an interveiw with DHL??