PDA

View Full Version : Instructing on N reg aircraft

pembroke
30th Nov 2007, 15:15
Could members advise re the following:

Can "valuable consideration" be given for instruction , in the UK, on an "N" reg aircraft? To clarify, such training would be for a type rating conversion, or the renewal / revalidation of a JAR/UK rating, using my JAR FI. Para 2.10 of my examiners handbook states that payment is possible if the aircraft has a operating permit from the DFT, ie operated as aerial work Re ANO Art 140. Also note that I do not hold a FAA CFI and the pilots to be trained on this aircraft (PA46) will apply for and be operating PI on FAA PPL's.

pembroke
30th Nov 2007, 17:06
Ozymandias, Thanks for the reply. I would not be able carry out a type rating that would be logged by the student, unless it is applied to a JAR licence, and the aircraft is "G" reg. There may however be times when , for example, an owner asks for a IMCR renewal/reval and I can train and examine on the "N" reg aircaft for the purposes of a JAR rating. Can such training be paid?

athonite
3rd Dec 2007, 21:56
If you are training towards a FAA IR on a 'N' reg aircraft in the UK, despite meeting the DOT requirements, exercise caution in the choice of Flying School. A search through pprune is recommended!