PDA

View Full Version : Cabair FI pay

Fireboy
30th Nov 2007, 09:01
Can anyone out there tell me how much you would earn on average as a FI at Cabair?

I know with their current fully sponsored scheme you get £1000pm net and £25 per flying hour + £10 per ferry flight etc.

Fireboy

TheOddOne
30th Nov 2007, 17:07
Can anyone out there tell me how much you would earn on average as a FI at Cabair?

...presumably you mean how many hours a month can you expect to work for?

At this time of year, probably no more the 40, what with the short days and bad weather. Closer to 60 or more a month in the Summer, I would imagine.

Most Cabair schools are pretty busy, but as with any school you will start off slowly as you collect regular students who want to fly with you. I think a part of the job is establishing relationships with students.

The £1,000 per month includes the first 20 hours if you have already paid for all your own licence and ratings etc. There are I understand various sponsorship deals which might pay you £1,000 a month but you won't get anything extra for flying instruction over the 20 hours until you've served out your bonded time. You will probably be expected to work as many hours a month as Ops can find for you, too, as well as carry out ferry flights; all part of the job. The sponsorships seem like a good way of getting your FI qualifications if you don't have alternative financial resources and are prepared to be bonded.

It's all on the Cabair website. Why not pop in to a Cabair school and ask?

TheOddOne